30: Unplanned Destiny

[Somewhere in hell]

Jimin blinked in irritation as he sipped on the glass of wine while listening to the soul of the dead man who was complaining about how his partner criminal left him alone in front of the police. He nodded in frustration, sitting on the table.

"I can understand how you feel. They call this hell but I think the real hell is where you were living," Jimin commented and slid the welcome box to him. The soul sighed with a deep frown before standing up from the seat and walking away. 

Jimin's eyes followed his figure dejectedly walking away from there while twirling the glass of wine in his hand. He brought the glass up to his plump rosy lips and tilted his head backward to finish the last drop of wine from the glass. Moving his head back, his eyes widened to see a figure sitting in front of him on the other side. 

"You scared me, Lord Namjoon." 

Jimin mumbled, scrunching his nose as he shook his head and kept the glass on the table. The glass vanished into thin air immediately like magic. But none of them were fazed because this was pretty normal to them. "Why do the rulers of Heaven keep visiting me these days without a prior appointment? I am offended," Jimin remarked, pressing his palm flat against his chest over his heart.

Namjoon sighed and joined his hands together, elbows resting on the table as he glanced at Jimin intensely. "I am here to ask you about something. I have been thinking about this for a while so I thought I might need your help." He said. Jimin squinted his eyes and nodded, motioning him to continue. 

"I clearly remember opening the gates of Afterlife for Jungkook and Haeguk 661 years ago at the end of the ocean. Why didn't they make it out? Why did they have to take a rebirth?" He asked directly, jerking his neck in disbelief, thinking to himself. 

He clearly remembers both of them crossing the gates but they never made it. It wasn't possible because it was a will of destiny. They were bound to each other.

"Jungkook and Haeguk?" Jimin asked, tilting his head sideways and giving Namjoon a look of bewilderment. "Never heard of them-"

"It's because of the heavenly curse."

Both of them looked behind Namjoon's shoulder and Jimin was alerted as he stood up, a dagger appearing in his arms as he noticed the person beside Jin. He glared at him but Jin raised his hand to stop him. "Don't. He means no harm." Jin said, looking at the person beside him who wasn't scared of the dagger pointed in his direction.

"Every angel is a harm to hell, Jin," Jimin said, eyeing Hoseok's figure beside Jin who smirked at him mockingly. "So were you, Angel Jimin-"

"Stop! I am not an angel anymore," Jimin yelled, dangerously looking at the angel who rolled his eyes. Jin and Namjoon sighed. "We are here to discuss something, Jimin. We aren't here to destroy anything. If you allow the lords of heaven here then what's wrong with angels?" Jin asked.

"We are in the same realm. Working for the same purpose. It's like we both work in the same bank but with different branches. But angels, fairies, and celestials are different. They reside on earth and work there. A totally different company of the bank." Jimin reasoned, his dagger now vanishing into thin air as he explained. Namjoon fused his brows in confusion.

"What is a bank?"

Jimin, Jin, and Hoseok rolled their eyes. "Seriously, why don't you guys update yourselves about the earth that you are looking after instead of worrying about useless things? What is a bank? A bank is a place where people keep their money safe- Why am I even explaining? Just Google it!" Jimin exclaimed with frustration etched in his voice. Namjoon's brows drew closer.

"What is a Google?"

Jimin groaned and turned back but Jin stopped him. "Wait, listen. I found out. It was a heavenly curse. You were right. Do you remember telling me about it a few days ago?" Jin said and Jimin's heart dropped at the mention of it again.

"Certainly, heavenly curses never happen regularly. So it is pretty rare and vivid in my brain." Jimin said, his voice turning thick like gravel all of a sudden and sounding tired at this point. Namjoon could notice his fallen expression but decided to ignore it.

"It was you, wasn't it?" Jimin asked Hoseok who shifted uncomfortably in place and nodded. "What was it?" Jimin questioned. "Taehyung has to stay alive for 661 years to fulfill his reason to kill my wife. Apparently, his reason was Haeguk. I helped Jungkook to marry Haeguk and stole her away from his life. So he took away-"

"Your reason to live." Hoseok nodded when Jimin completed him. His chest was getting heavy at everything. A lump formed in his throat as he looked at Namjoon while pointing his finger at Hoseok. "Did you get your answer?" Jimin asked Namjoon who bit his lips and nodded.

"Because Haeguk was entangled with a curse, she couldn't make it to the Afterlife," Namjoon said and Jimin agreed with him, further adding. "And Jungkook, who was bound to her, also was led to the path of rebirth. So your gates didn't work."

Jin sighed, rubbing his temple. "Now Taehyung is back. He is trying to keep them away and I  know this guy will do something maniacal to again separate them." Jin said. "So they won't be together in this life too if Taehyung is still alive," Namjoon commented. "He wants her at any cost," Jin affirmed. Hoseok looked at Jimin who was silently thinking something to himself but Namjoon dragged his attention. 

"Revoke your curse," Namjoon said to Hoseok but was interrupted by Jimin who denied his request. "No, it is not possible. A heavenly curse cannot be revoked." He said, turning away from them thinking hard, and whispering to himself,

"And no one knows it better than me."

***********************************

What's with Jimin? Well, it is a different story

What's with Jimin? Well, it is a different story. I'm still working on it. But for now, focus on Afterlife.