18: Deep Sleep

2023 AD

Jungkook halted the car with full force. He opened the door and quickly got down before running inside the campus. He ran past the students to reach the security room and entered it without wasting time to knock on it.

He noticed Eunwoo and Hyunjin standing with the guards. Jungkook's eyes wavered, begging them to say something but he couldn't find the hope in those orbs.

"Tell me you found something," Jungkook practically begged at this point but everyone remained silent. "Haeguk normally walked out of the campus. After that we don't know where she went," Eunwoo stated.

They could see the dark eye bags under Jungkook's restless eyes. "Where can she go?" He questioned more likely to himself. He was turning miserable at this point.

The thought of not being with her was destroying him into pieces and he couldn't do anything about it.

"I think she is abducted—"

Before Hyunjin could complete the sentence, Jungkook ran out of the room, hurrying out of the floor, refusing to listen to any negative assumptions about Haeguk from others.

She would never leave him.

"Jungkook!" He stopped when he heard his name being called out. He turned around and darkly stared at Hyeri. "What?" He hissed through his teeth and she flinched at his tone.

"I was about to give these to you," she said, handing him some question papers. Jungkook blankly gazed at those papers and then back at her. "What are these?" He questioned.

Hyeri bit her lips but slowly approached him. Jungkook furrowed his brows at her actions but she tip-toed to reach her lips close to his ears. "These are sample question papers for the next exam. One of them will surely come in the test," she whispered in his ears and stood straight again.

He looked at those papers and snatched it from her hands before throwing it in the ground and stepping on it with his black combat shoes. He crumpled and stomped his heels over the papers, taking his anger out on the papers while breathing heavily.

He felt his chest getting heavy but he stopped his actions and pointed his finger at her, giving her a warning look. "Don't ever approach me!" He threatened her in a dangerous tone that sent shivers down her spine.

He gulped the lump in his throat while breathing heavily. His hand moved towards his chest to ease the pain developing in it. He rubbed his chest while glaring at her before turning back towards the exit of the campus.

He was about to run away from there but suddenly bumped into someone, causing the books to fall off the other person's hands.  He looked down at the guy trying to silently pick up the books back in his hands, without looking up at him. "I'm sorry," Jungkook said but watched him nodding.

"It's alright. You seem to be in a hurry. Go ahead," the guy rasped and suddenly an uneasy feeling crept up in Jungkook's system. He started feeling weak and quickly ran towards the exit without bothering about the guy who avoided showing his face to him.

The guy stood up from the ground, fixing his glasses and looked at Hyeri who was now joined by a different guy. Yugyeom. He passed the phone to Hyeri who glanced at the pictures that were clicked on the phone. She smiled in satisfaction.

Turning her phone to show the pictures to Taehyung who had his eyes fixed on the crumpled blackened papers on the ground. He twisted his head back to look at the pictures on the phone and then blankly stared at the two of them darkly.

"These pictures make me look like I'm kissing Jungkook. I think this will be fine enough to make Haeguk believe that Jungkook isn't worthy of her love," Hyeri said and Yugyeom agreed with her. Taehyung scoffed before bending down and picking up the papers from the ground, his books being carried in the other hand.

His lips curved upwards into a sinister smile as his eyes fell upon the figure behind the two of them. He raised the papers in his hands, up in the air. Hyeri and Yugyeom turned back to follow his gaze but found no one in the corridor since it was class hours.

Taehyung walked past them and they could feel the dark aura surrounding him, making them tremble with his mere presence close to them. They looked at each other before deciding to walk away which they did, in fear of Taehyung.

Jin's eyes followed Taehyung who was smirking in his direction with the papers in his hands as he walked past him, slightly touching his shoulder.

Jin wasn't surprised to notice that Taehyung could see him even though he remained invisible to the world right now.

But what surprised him was the dark energy he was emitting.

He was planning something, that was certain. And what he came to know about him and his actions from Hoseok certainly made Jin think that Taehyung would never hesitate to do anything evil if it was for himself.

Taehyung is here.

To break his curse.

And become a barrier between pure love.

Once again.

Meanwhile, Jungkook was breathing heavily while clutching his heart as he drove his car at tremendous speed along the highway until he reached the field of Aster flowers.

He quickly got out of his car and weakly approached the bushes of bloomed flowers as he couldn't hold himself together anymore.

He continued to breathe properly as he collapsed to the ground on his knees, the sweet smell of Aster which was crushed under his weight, entering his nostrils, calming him down.

Tears escaped his eyes as he rubbed his face with his hands to get rid of the negative feelings against Haeguk. Everything was going fine until a huge blow of storm hit their lives and brought huge chaos in their lives.

"Please, come back." He mumbled but felt someone hold his head while standing. He felt dizzy all of a sudden, as if he was going into a deep slumber. He felt sedated.

Turning his head upwards, only to be shocked at the familiar face who was passing him a warm smile. Jungkook lifted his hand up weakly, pointing his index finger at the man and trying to say something. "The man from the antique shop." He struggled to let those words out but succeeded.

Jin smiled and nodded slowly. Hoseok slowly approached them when Jungkook's eyes closed and he fell to the soft land limply. He felt bad for him but he couldn't do anything either. Jin stared at the broken boy who passed out on the meadow among a bunch of Aster flowers as he mumbled,

"Sleep until she returns, Jungkook. When you wake up she'll be here beside you."

*****************

Writing this book is fighting with the million brain cells to activate themselves and help me stage and plot scenes because every single scene is linked to the previous chapters and opens the doorway to the upcoming chapters so I have to be carefu...

Writing this book is fighting with the million brain cells to activate themselves and help me stage and plot scenes because every single scene is linked to the previous chapters and opens the doorway to the upcoming chapters so I have to be careful with everything.