6: Future Planning

2023 AD

Jungkook opened the door to his mansion and entered it. Several maids bowed to him and he slowly walked towards the living room. His eyes fell upon the elderly quietly drinking tea while reading some papers.

The elderly turned his face and smiled, keeping his cup on the coffee table. "Son," he said and Jungkook bowed at him. "Dad."

"Did you just transfer me some money to my account?" His father asked and he nodded, "I just returned the money that you lend me to invest in the competition. I won the virtual investment competition and earned even more."

His father's eyes widened in delight and he kept the papers on the table, "Wow, your commercial strategies are no joke, Jungkook. You give me no chance to scold you for taking up an extra subject like history while studying Business Administration." Mr. Jeon said.

A security guard came inside and bowed to them. "Sir, this one is addressed to little master." He said, holding the huge white cardboard with things written on it. Jungkook smiled and took it from him while his father frowned.

"Is that yours?" He asked and Jungkook nodded, "Yes." His father stood up and cheered in delight and snatched the cardboard from him. "Oh, my. I can't believe a boy like you has these skills! How many zeros is that? One, two, three. . . Hundred million?" Mr. Jeon screamed in surprise and turned to look at Jungkook who was frowning at him.

"You won a hundred million won as a prize? With that money, you can do whatever you want. You could even-" Mr. Jeon stated but Jungkook took the cardboard from him, cutting him off. "It's cyber money, dad."

"This is ridiculous! Hey, why don't you try investing for real? With your skills, you could make some real cash in no time." Mr. Jeon said, wrapping an arm around Jungkook. "Don't worry, I will, dad."

"Are you and Haeguk back together?" His father asked hesitantly and Jungkook pressed his lips, shaking his head. Mr. Jeon let out an awkward chuckle and tried to motivate him, "Try to change your style maybe? Something that will make her think that you're smart, kind, and well-off."

"She hates rich people, dad. She is scared to be with me because I'm rich." Jungkook said, getting out of his grip. "Then be poor. I will throw you out of my house. You'll be homeless, hungry, and poor." Mr. Jeon said and Jungkook passed him a judgmental look.

"I'll go back to my room, dad," Jungkook said, walking away, and Mr. Jeon looked at him, walking away. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No, sir." The guard said and Mr. Jeon turned to him, "Right? I wasn't wrong. But kids don't like old plans. Anyways, where's my wife?"

"She is at the hospital because of her night shift, sir." The guard answered and Mr. Jeon nodded, "Well, I earn so much of money for them but they all just work their butts off. What do they say these days?" He asked, turning his head to the guard who fixed his sunglasses when he was standing inside a mansion at night.

"Work their asses off," The guard replied seriously and Mr. Jeon nodded. "Yes, ass."

Jungkook opened the door to his bedroom and walked towards his study table. He turned on his laptop and took a book beside him that read,

RATIONAL STOCK INVESTMENT

He moved towards the internet and then searched for something.

DAMOA INVESTMENT AND SECURITIES

SIGN UP / LOGIN

Jungkook clicked on the icon and sighed. He entered the details using the keyboard and then pressed the Submit button.

YOU HAVE SIGNED UP SUCCESSFULLY.

He smiled and stood up, turning back to walk towards the bed. He looked at the frames of pictures of him with his family but then the countless pictures of Haeguk and him since they started dating.

"I found a love, for me. A girl, beautiful and sweet. I never knew you were the someone waiting for me. Because we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was. But now that I know, I will not give you up this time." He mumbled to himself and moved his hands to the recent picture of them they took before they broke up.

"Now that girl is a woman, stronger than anyone I know. She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home. I found a lover, to carry more than just my secrets. To carry love, to carry children of our own. I hope you realize that, my Hae." He said and traced the picture of them dancing in the prom back in school. He smiled, recalling that time.

Jungkook smiled, swaying his body to the soft rhythmic music, holding his lifeline close. Both of them are graduating from school, the place they met and became each other's heartbeat. "Baby, I'm dancing in the dark. With you between my arms." He whispered, forehead connected with hers, hands wrapped around her waist while Haeguk was looking around at the students staring at them with burning gazes, her hands on his shoulder.

"I look a mess," she said but Jungkook slowly stroked his fingers along her hips and pulled back, leaning down to place his lips on her neck. She shut her eyes at the sensation.

Jungkook's neck kisses were always bliss which could make her heart flutter anytime. Jungkook whispered under his breath but Haeguk heard it, "Darling, you look perfect tonight." He pulled his head back and saw a faint smile playing on Haeguk's lips.

He moved his right hand up her arm, cupping her face, staring into her shimmering eyes. "Just kiss me slowly, Hae. Your heart is all I own. And in your eyes, you're holding mine." He whispered and rested his forehead against her as they looked into each other's eyes.

"I will do everything to make you happy for the rest of our days. I will never let you go. I will never give up on you, on us." Jungkook mumbled but she shook her head, "I'm not good for you, Jungkook. I always fight with you, push you away, and get scared of us being watched. You should just let me go-"

"I can't believe you think I could ever let you go, Haeguk," he said in shock. "You have no idea, do you? The lengths I'd go to if you'd let me. What I would do to make you happy?" Her heart did a weird thing, a mix between a thud and a flutter, the kind that made her question whether it would continue to function properly.

"I love you, Jungkook. I'm sorry for being a coward in our relationship," she mumbled. The corners of his eyes soften, reflecting an emotion she has not seen from him yet. "That's okay, my life. I'll dream big enough for the both of us."

The strange warmth surging through his veins is quickly doused by a chill. He pulls his hand back from the picture and turns around toward the window. He smiled and looked at the whiteboard across his room with pictures of a small house, rings, a wedding altar, wedding dresses, kids' clothes, and everything a family would need in their life.

"Don't worry, Hae. I've planned my whole life with you. Our future has already begun."

*****************

Oh, to have someone love you like how Jungkook loves Haeguk