Epilogue: Afterlife

Jungkook opened his eyes and looked around, it was a dark room. He felt his waist being held by ropes. His hands were free but his body was held by huge ribbons. He tried to pull on them but stumbled on his steps. He groaned pulling on the ribbons more but stopped when he heard a familiar voice from far away. "Haeguk." He whispered.

"Every time your name, it leaves my lips. Running still like words left unsaid." Her voice sang from far away and his eyes widened. He tugged on the ribbon, pulling on it to free himself. "Hae!" He screamed but she continued to sing.

"Fire in my veins dream deeply love. Remind me I'm alive." He finally succeeded in tearing down the ribbon on his right. A smile formed on his lips while he heard her sing. "When my heartbeat stops, will you stay mine?" His eyes widened when he recalled this song from when he was standing in front of the lake. He finally identified the same song from 1362 AD. He saw all the memories flashing in front of his eyes making it crystal clear. All the memories of his two lifetimes crossed over his mind. "Will you promise me you'll search for us?" Tears filled his eyes as his lips trembled. 

Jungkook harshly pulled on the last ribbon and it ripped apart but he jerked backwards because of the force. "Will you find me in the afterlife?" Jungkook followed the direction of the voice in the dark room. "For better or for worse, will death be our last kiss, my love?" This time, Jungkook saw the light coming from far away and walked forward towards it. 

He saw the light enlarging slowly and finally found a small opening in the dark room. He walked forward and suddenly landed on the grass. There was sunlight falling over his skin and he noticed his white buttoned-up shirt and white jeans. His bare feet touched the warm grass and he turned around to see the exit of the dark room but it vanished unknowingly.

"Will you promise me you'll search for us? Will you find me afterlife?" Quickly turning his face in the front he looked at the familiar figure with her back to him, holding the sides of her white flowy gown and lifting it to the side like a swan. Her brown hair cascaded down her back and she tilted her head to the side.

"Haeguk?" 

She stopped humming and released the sides of her dress, letting it fall, and slowly turned around, her eyes widening when he met his teary orbs. "Jungkook?" He smiled and nodded.

His legs moved by itself, running to her while she opened her arms, welcoming him warmly. He lifted her once she was engulfed in his arms, spinning her along with him while she started giggling. He chuckled too. Their soft laughter echoed in nature. 

Warm tears streamed down her face as well as his. He pulled back, putting her figure down, letting her bare feet touch the land. He quickly cupped her face, rubbing his thumbs across her cheeks to wipe her tears and staring down at her eyes with eternal longing, brushing his nose with hers. "I found you." He whispered in a hushed tone and leaned down to press his lips over her soft cushiony ones.

She gripped his shoulders and kissed him back, a feeling of euphoria filling up both of their hearts. No pain. No fear. Just warmth. Just peace. He moved his hand down, one grabbing her waist to press her lower body close to his while the other one cupped the back of her throat as he tilted his face to deepen the kiss. His tongue explored her mouth and they wished the world would swallow them there, whole, in this moment.

This is the only thing that matters.

This moment with each other. Those lips. His strong body pressed against her curvy one and his firm hands found a way to bring her closer and she knew how much she wanted him too. She wanted all of him. She wanted to feel the beauty of this love with the tips of his fingers, the palms of his hands, and every fiber in his being.

She wanted all of it. 

Jungkook pulled back as both of them exchanged each other's breaths and slowly opened their eyes, their foreheads still attached. He noticed how her lips were swollen and parted but they pressed again and curved upwards into a grin. He smiled at her too.

"What is this place?" She asked, moving back while he held her hand, looking around.

"Hello, my friends."

They turned around and blinked watching the person with horns and wings approaching them.

She gulped while Jungkook blankly stared at him. "Jimin," Jungkook called out and he smiled. "Jungkook."

JungKook gritted his teeth and looked to the side of the warm grass. "You promised me that we would make it." Jungkook reminded him and Jimin sighed.

"You tried. I tried. Both of us failed. But this is all I could do, Jungkook." Jimin said, showing his hands at the place. Haeguk looked at him silently. "But we are dead, aren't we?" She asked and Jimin nodded with a sad smile.

"So is this hell?" She asked, pointing at Jimin's horns but earning a chuckle from him. "Does it look like one?" He questioned her back and looked up at the birds flying above them in the sky, chirping on their way.

"Where is this? And why are we here?" Jungkook asked in a hard voice, looking up at Jimin. "I made sure that the Destiny of True Love is retained," Jimin mumbled, looking at Haeguk and then Jungkook, "Where both of you end up together for eternity. Didn't you want that?" He asked, his eyes roaming back to Jungkook whose gaze softened.

He pulled Haeguk's hand that was locked with his and kissed her knuckles softly. She closed her eyes at the sensation of his soft lips over her skin and looked at him lovingly who smiled at her. "I do. I wish to peacefully be with her. And love her forever." Jungkook confessed and Jimin smiled.

"Crossing the tough gates of the universe, both of you, this time, you succeeded. No rebirth. No more going back to the cruel world. You can peacefully spend your life loving each other here," Jimin said.

Jungkook and Haeguk looked at him in confusion. Jimin smiled, spreading his arms and twirling around in delight while finishing his sentence,

"Welcome to the Afterlife."

—THE END—