14: Missing

2023 AD

"I love you, Hae," Jungkook says while looking at the painting, rolling it up one last time before crossing the street to walk towards the direction of the shop. He takes a sharp turn to walk down the street to end up at the shop.

He walks by for a long time and reaches another crossing signal. He frowns but then turns back to look at the shops. One by one slowly analyzing every shop until he reaches the sharp turn again.

He tilts his head and scratches his head with his fingers. "I'm sure it was on this street," he said before turning back and taking a peek at every shop. His eyes widen when he noticed that the antique shop from yesterday was gone.

Completely gone.

In between the flower shop and the restaurant stood a cafe now. He squints his eyes in pure confusion. The cafe was in no way similar to the antique shop like yesterday. He bites his lower lip before taking a deep breath and grabbing the door handle, pushing it slightly to enter the cafe.

A girl in her teens greets him when the doorbell chimes. "Welcome, sir. The menu is up there." She says with a polite smile, showing the menu with her fingers. Jungkook smiles politely before approaching her counter, holding the painting roll in his hand.

"Umm. . . Wasn't there an antique shop here yesterday? How did they change the stores that quickly?" Jungkook asks her. The girl passes him a questioning look, "I don't understand, sir. There might be a misunderstanding. This cafe is pretty old. I have been working here for a year already." She informs.

Jungkook knits his brows in confusion but proceeds to inquire, "Is there any antique shops around?" She shakes her head. "As far as I know, there isn't one till the next few miles."

"Are you really being honest?" Jungkook asks and the girl presses her lips together. "Why would I lie to you?" She asks and Jungkook passes a nervous smile before sighing. He looks up at the menu and orders a cup of chocolate Boba tea.

"To go, please," he says and she nods before going to prepare his drink. He quickly takes his phone out, goes to the search engine, and types in the location. But then he tries to recall the name of the antique shop but to his dismay couldn't. Then he types in search of all the antique shops around him.

He stares at the search results but sees that there was indeed no nearby antique shops around in this area. "Here is your order, sir." She says and Jungkook looks up, taking his phone scanner out to pay for the drink and keeping his phone inside.

"Thank you," he says, taking the drink from the counter and she bows at him before he turns back to the door. He opens the door, holding the roll of paper, and sighs before walking back towards his home. He sips on the drink while looking at the roll in his hand and then in the front. "Strange. Was I dreaming yesterday? How did I get this painting then?"

----------------

Jungkook enters his home and sees a familiar back, sitting on the couch. An amused smile lights up his face and he calls out his name. "Taehyun?"

The named guy turns back and Jungkook's smile drops instantly, seeing his state. Taehyun stands up on his feet and rushes to Jungkook while he passes a questioning gaze to his parents who look sad too.

Taehyun clings to Jungkook, wrapping his hands around him, sobbing in his chest. Jungkook pats him on the head, hugging him with his other arm, holding the painting. "What happened, champ? Why are you crying?" Jungkook asks, caressing the head of the younger one whom he practically raised up with Haeguk.

"Hyung. I don't know what is happening, Hyung. Noona didn't return home for two days. I don't know where she is." Taehyun said and as if a thunder bolt landed on Jungkook, he froze at his place, the things in his hand, falling to the ground in shock. He looked at his parents who nod.

"What? Taehyun, hey! Hey -" he asked, pulling away from the hug and looking into his eyes with his trembling fingers curled around his arm, holding him in place. "What do you mean- I don't- what are you talking?"

"JungKook, she didn't return for two nights and it's been long since she's gone without a trace. We tried reaching her using her phone but no use. I asked one of my friends at the police department to look into this matter and they said they are looking for her." Mr. Jeon said and Jungkook stumbled back in his place, feeling his world crash down in front of him.

Unknowingly, he felt his eyes burning but he held in his tears, looking at Taehyun who is crying miserably. He has to be strong for her. He slowly walked over to him and engulfs him in his arms, hugging him but he could feel his own heart thrumming against his chest badly.

"It'll be fine. We'll find her, champ. Don't worry. She'll be back. Noona wo be back. I'll bring her back." JungKook assured him and Taehyung hugs him back. Mr. Jeon received a call and gets informed that still not they haven't found a single trace of Haeguk, making his blood boil.

"Just find her! Where would she go suddenly? Make sure you find her no matter what happens!" He barked at her but Mrs. Jeon holds his arm to calm him down, telling him to not lash out but he turns to the two miserable young boys who are looking at him with teary eyes and he looked back at them helplessly.

"They said she went outside the campus but after that her location cannot be traced." He informed and Jungkook released Taehyun and walked to him.

"So she never went back that night. Where would she probably go?" He asked, more like to himself, thinking hard about the possibilities where she usually visits. "Hyunjin was oblivious yesterday. He didn't know why she didn't attend classes so she isn't at his home." He mumbled under his breath.

He didn't want to assume anything bad but he really felt worthless right now, unable to find the love of his life.

He sniffled and hung his head low, rubbing his forehead in frustration but feeling angry at everything around him. He looked up at his father and said to him sternly,

"Dad, if something happens to my Haeguk, I swear to God, I'll kill myself."

******************

Bro, no! Live while you're still getting the chance to