10: Antique Man

2023 AD

Jungkook walked out wearing the hanbok and Jin's eyes widened, looking at the cherry-haired guy in traditional clothes. "Wow, you look exactly the same but with red hair?" Jin mumbled but Jungkook frowned.

"What?" He asked but Jin shook his head. "Nothing. . . Here is your bag." Jin said with a smile, extending his bag to him. Jungkook grabbed it from him while the other one was still holding his wet clothes in the other hand.

"Thank you," Jungkook mumbled when Jin handed him a bag. "Here, keep your wet clothes in this bag." Jungkook grabbed it from him and kept his clothes inside before looking at his reflection in the mirror. He sighed.

"It is not even Chuseok yet I am wearing a hanbok," he mumbled when Jin patted his shoulder. "It is alright. You are a traditional guy. You look cool." Jin turned around and brought the roll of paper to Jungkook. He raised his eyes at the item in his hand. "What is this?"

"I saw you eyeing this picture earlier. You can have this." Jin said. Jungkook pushed his hands away, shaking his head. "I don't want anything else. Thank you. I'll take my leave now." Jungkook said and walked towards the door, getting out when Jin grabbed his arm, stopping him from leaving.

"What now?" Jungkook whined turning around as Jin kept the roll of paper inside the bag. Jungkook sighed and nodded silently. "Alright, I will take it. Don't worry, I'll return your clothes tomorrow." He turned around walking away when Jin yelled.

"Keep fighting for who you love. Including yourself." Jungkook halted and turned around with a questioning gaze. Jin fisted his hand and raised it in the air but Jungkook shook his head, turning back to continue on his path.

Jin smiled and exhaled deeply before turning back to walk towards his shop when his eyes fell upon the brown-haired guy smirking at him. He fixed his glasses before turning around to walk back. Jin's lips quivered as he clenched his teeth in rage, staring at the boy walking away from him.

But suddenly a rush of fear ran up his spine as he turned around to look in the direction in which Jungkook went with a soft gaze. A sad smile carved his lips before he entered his shop again.

------------------

Jungkook entered his room after the shower. Throwing his towel away, leaving him shirtless and only in his sweat pants as he grabbed the hanbok from the ground, folding it since he had to return it to the shop owner.

He kept the hanbok on his study table as his eyes fell on the bag that Jin gave him. He held the strap of the bag before looking inside and taking out the roll of paper and placing them on the study table. He took his wet clothes out and tossed them across the laundry basket.

He turned around and fixed his gaze on the scroll. He bit his lower lips and squinted his eyes watching the roll of paper. He extended his hand to hold it in between his fingers and curled it around the roll, lifting it.

The paper was tougher than normal paper but thinner than cardboard. It was a coffee color, symbolizing that whatever it was, it was old. He looked at it from all sides before unscrolling it, to stare at it. It was a painting but that simple art earned a gasp from Jungkook.

 It was a painting but that simple art earned a gasp from Jungkook

It was Jungkook and Haeguk but in hanboks but his hair was black. Jungkook frowned and looked at the picture clearly. "Is this us?" He mumbled until his eyes landed on the words written below the painting.

Kang Haeguk and Jeon Jungkook, to be declared as husband and wife henceforth in the presence of the holy Lord of Heaven.

Haeguk: Today we promise to dedicate ourselves completely to each other, with body, speech, and mind.

Jungkook: In every life, in every situation, in wealth or poverty, in health or sickness, in happiness or difficulty, we will work to help each other perfectly.

Priest Hoseok: The purpose of this relationship will be to attain enlightenment by perfecting their kindness and compassion toward all sentient beings. May the Holy Lord bless these kind souls with an undying love for every lifetime.

Then there were two hand stamps but red in color. And a date was mentioned below the hands. 

1362 AD

He blinked several times but the pictures were actually of him and Haeguk, looking traditional and even had the same names. He blinked several times, thinking about if Jin was playing a prank with him.

"But he doesn't even know me," he mumbled to no one. "I surely met him for the first time today. I need to go to him tomorrow itself!"

He thought before looking at the painting again but this time a soft smile appeared on his face thinking about how good it'll be to be Haeguk's husband.

He looked at their genuine smiles on the painting, holding the scroll with one hand, he raised his palm up and rested it over the handprint under his name.

It seems to fit perfectly as if someone actually used his own handprint. "This is so suspicious." He sighed, shaking his head but then slowly tracing his fingers on Haeguk's hand placed over his drawing's hand. This painting has been nothing but flashes of love.

"We look so happy here. You and me. Together. Always."

********************

What is God's plan? 👀 What is Jin doing?