31: Group Project

Haeguk took a seat on the bench while Taehyung was about to enter to take a seat beside her but got blocked by Jungkook who moved faster than him to sit beside her. Jungkook dropped his bag on the chair and grinned at Taehyung who masked his irritation with a tight smile.

He sat beside Jungkook while Eunwoo and Hyunjin took a seat behind them. "Wow, our squad just got bigger. And Taehyung is an amazing guy," Jungkook commented, swinging an arm around Taehyung who bit his lips and smiled at him forcibly, his eyes looking at Haeguk who was busy looking at her books. 

"Yeah, if you need something then tell us, we can help you with it," Eunwoo commented. Taehyung turned around to smile at him and his eyes landed on Hyunjin who just smiled at him slightly. Taehyung felt that he wasn't acknowledged by Hyunjin but he couldn't care less. He was here for Haeguk and his main focus was her and no one else mattered.

Meanwhile, Hyunjin really wasn't getting good vibes from this sudden addition to his friend circle but he couldn't say it to Haeguk since Taehyung was introduced by her. It wasn't like he was afraid of getting less attention from Haeguk after this but according to him, Taehyung wasn't really giving pleasant vibes. He felt something was off about him but he remained quiet.

The professor entered the classroom, earning the attention of all the students in the room. After some time, right before the class was about to end he said, "There will be a new group project. The previous one was ridiculous. I didn't like anyone's project and half of you never even submitted so I am giving all of you another chance to do that." 

Taehyung's lips curved into a dark smile, his eyes moving to the side as he noticed Hyeri giving him a thumbs up before he focused on the front as he recalled Hyeri's words from earlier.

"I have changed the list of partners for the upcoming group project in history." 

"Haeguk is with me, right?"

"And Jungkook is with me."

"I will ask to switch partners with you-"

"What? Why?"

"Shut up. Let me finish. I will propose the professor to switch partners but you must refuse giving a shitty excuse."

"What? But why? And what excuse should I give?"

"Think about it yourself, petty woman! And don't you dare ask me the reason. I am not bound to explain myself to you."

The teacher started calling out names of the partners of this project where there will be a group of two. "Yoongi with Eunwoo, Hyunjin with Yugyeom, Taehyung with Haeguk, Hyeri with Jungkook." 

"Yes!" Everyone turned their heads at the boy who raised his fists up in the air and showed a victorious grin to Taehyung. "I'm not with the transfer student this time!" Yoongi commented loudly. Taehyung rolled his eyes in irritation but could hear Jungkook and Haeguk giggling beside him.

He turned and looked at the soft smile on Haeguk's lips, an unknown warmth spreading across his chest as he too smiled at that. "Not, Hyeri. She's clingy." Jungkook complained, rolling his eyes but Taehyung smiled at him pretending to be confused. 

"Who is Hyeri?"

He looked behind Taehyung and motioned in that direction. Of course, Taehyung knew Hyeri but he wasn't an idiot to let him know about it, so he turned back and peeked at Hyeri before turning back at Jungkook with saddened features. "She really looks like a bitch." Taehyung mumbled and offered an arm around his shoulder to lean towards his ear so as to whisper something, "We can exchange partners if you want. Haeguk is your girlfriend so you'll be more comfortable with her."

Jungkook's expressions immediately brightened and he looked into Taehyung's eyes, nodding vigorously. "Thanks, Taehyung." He thanked him but Taehyung shook his head. "Haeguk will be more comfortable with you. She's my friend. I prefer her comfort too." Taehyung commented and raised his hand up. 

The professor's eyes fell upon him and he nodded, asking him to voice his query. "Sir, I wish to switch my partner with Hyeri." He said, fixing his glasses but the mentioned female screeched from across the room. "No, sir. Jungkook and Haeguk are in a relationship. They won't work fairly! I don't want to change partners!" She said.

Taehyung hung his head low to hold in his smirk but then looked up to turn to Jungkook who was glaring at Hyeri. The professor sighed, too tired of this university romance stuff, and shook his head. "Both of you sit down. No one will change their partners." He said and Taehyung sat down.

Hyeri pulled her lower lip in between her teeth to hide her smile and twirled a lock of hair but managed to throw a thumb sign to Taehyung who was side-glancing at her. Earning Jungkook's trust was important. Taehyung had to make his path smooth and clear. He had to be on his good side to not bring any suspicion in his direction. 

"Don't worry, Taehyung. Haeguk will be fine with you too. I'll deal with Hyeri. At least you tried," Jungkook tapped Taehyung who looked up at him with lips pressed in a thin line. He nodded and focused on Haeguk who smiled at her. "I'll help you, transfer student." Haeguk winked at him and he smiled. "The topic is the Goryeo Dynasty. It is a pretty difficult topic." Taehyung mumbled and Jungkook agreed with him. "True, we know so less about it. Especially the ending of it. The materials will be very difficult to find." But Haeguk shook her head and her next words stirred an emotion of uncertainty in Taehyung's mind as she spoke,

"Don't worry. I can assure you that no one in this room knows the Goryeo Dynasty better than me."

****************************

STFU, Haeguk. You are going to get yourself killed at this rate.