34: Purple Poison

Jungkook walked towards the corridor and noticed Taehyung with Haeguk. His lips tugged upwards as he rushed to them calling out her name. She turned around and smiled at him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her body closer to him.

Placing a small kiss on her head, he turned to peek at Taehyung. "Hey, there, buddy! Are you guys finished with the project?" He asked and Taehyung nodded, fixing his glasses. "Not yet," He said with a small smile.

"Good. Did she bother you?" Jungkook asked, pinching Haeguk's nose with his fingers and she giggled at his gesture. Taehyung clenched his jaws but kept the smile intact on his face. "No, why would she bother me?" He asked with a chuckle and noticed Eunwoo and Hyunjin coming towards them.

"Morning to all. I had to stay awake to work on the assignment the whole night!" Eunwoo exclaimed and Hyunjin smiled at him. He turned to look at Taehyung who was watching him but he quickly looked away. Taehyung furrowed his brows and turned to look at Jungkook who was talking with Haeguk and Eunwoo about something.

"Let's go. We have to go and work on the assignment again! Tomorrow is the presentation." Eunwoo said, dragging his attention to him. All of them agreed and started on their way to class.

-

Jimin was sitting on the chair wearing the red hoodie, earrings dangling from both of his ears, white pants, and a black beanie covering his blue hair but still, the ends slightly fell on his eyes. He fixed his black glasses and moved the tip of his index finger on the rim of the cup of coffee in a circular motion. 

The chair in front of him was pulled backward until a figure sat on it. A smirk appeared on Jimin's lips as he tilted his head upwards to face the man in front of him. "Hello there." The silky voice reverberated through Jimin's chest and the person nodded silently.

"So why did you want to meet me?" The person questioned and Jimin sat back on his chair, crossing his arms in front of his chest and staring at him. "I have something for you," Jimin said and looked around if someone was watching them. Then he slowly raised his hand, a small glass bottle with a purple fluid in it. He kept it on the table and the person frowned in confusion.

Jimin knew he was confused so he decided to explain it to him. "This will help you to win over your enemy. Since it is time." Jimin said and the person took the bottle from the table. "Why are you helping me?"

Jimin smiled, not a dark one, rather it was a bitter one. "Since I couldn't be with my love. I want to make sure you can have yours." He said and the person frowned. He took a deep breath and nodded before standing up from the chair. "I need to go. I have to be somewhere." The person said, looking at the phone in his hand to check the time. 

Jimin motioned his hand towards the exit. Without wasting a minute, he walked towards it and exited the cafe, leaving Jimin alone. He placed his elbow on the table and rested his face on his palm. He looked outside the cafe through the glass window with a soft smile. "I miss you."

-

Taehyung ran towards Haeguk who was standing in front of the exhibition hall. He waved at her and she smiled when he stopped right beside her. He bent down, his hands on his knees as he panted to catch his breath but then looked up at her. "Sorry, I called you here but I was the one who was late." He said and smiled at her.

She shook her head and turned back to the hall. "Why did we agree to meet here though?" She asked and he straightened up, pulling the strap of his backpack that was sliding off his shoulder. "This place is displaying historical paintings. We might get some materials for our assignment." He said and she giggled.

"Wow. How did you get to know?" She asked and he moved his hand to his pocket to take out a folded piece of paper from it. He opened it and passed it to her. "I found this poster being distributed across the street. So I thought I could bring you here." He said, fixing his hair and then adjusting his glasses. 

"We might have to click pictures-"

"I purchased this camera. That is why I was late." Taehyung said, taking out the camera from his bag and Haeguk gave him a proud look. "Kim Tae! You are seriously a dedicated guy!" She said, tapping his shoulders and then pinching his cheek.

A pink tint appeared on his cheeks at her touch. He blinked several times, his lip parting, and when he noticed her watching his flustered face he looked down at the camera in his hands, checking the shutter button. 

"You are cute, Kim Tae. Your girlfriend will be really lucky." She said and he smiled secretly and whispered to himself. "I hope she will." They walked towards the hall and entered it. Haeguk took out a notepad and started taking down some notes that were written under the pictures while Taehyung took the pictures.

She was writing something down on her notepad while Taehyung was clicking the picture of the painting, standing right behind her. She nodded and turned around but her head collided with Taehyung's hard chest, causing her to gasp while he held her waist so that she didn't fall backward and hurt herself. 

"Be careful," he said, looking away from her because he seemed to get shy around her. He released her immediately and stepped backward to give her some space and she smiled to ease out the tension in the air. 

"You really seem to get shy around women, Kim Tae! Lighten up!" She said, smacking his back playfully and then walking away. Taehyung watched her walking to the next painting while he stood there and placed his palm against his heart, a smile forming on his face. He missed feeling the thrumming of his heart once again. He turned to look at Haeguk who was taking down notes but then back to see his hand pressed against his chest as he whispered lowly to himself,

"My heart. It is beating again."

***************************

Jimin is mysterious? Not at all

Jimin is mysterious? Not at all. He is just giving rise to a spin-off story. You'll know in the future.