20: Convincing

2023 AD

Yoongi walked inside the cafe and watched the man wearing the black t-shirt and black jacket sitting across the cafe. He slowly walked to him and took a seat in front of him. "Taehyung." Yoongi called out and the named man smiled.

"Superintendent Min Yoongi. Long time no see," Taehyung mumbled and Yoongi frowned at him. "What?" He asked, taking his laptop out and glancing at Taehyung in confusion.

He smirked at him but shook his head, motioning him to continue. "Look here, Taehyung, we were paired up by the professor so you have to include yourself in the group project. I will simply complain to the professor about you and submit my work to him. So mind it," Yoongi warned Taehyung.

Taehyung was silently observing his movements without saying anything. "What is the topic?" He asked and Yoongi looked up at him, rolling his eyes and exhaling a breath of annoyance.

"Goryeo Dynasty. I don't understand why would the professor pair me up with a new transfer kid?" Yoongi complained. Taehyung tilted his head and smirked when he heard about the topic.

"Goryeo Dynasty, right? Interesting. What do I have to do?" Taehyung asked him. Yoongi looked up from the laptop and sighed. He closed his laptop and stuffed it back inside the bag. He stood up from the table and glared at Taehyung.

"You know what? Since you're new and know absolutely nothing about the Goryeo Dynasty, I'll just be kind enough to do the project for both of us and submit it to the professor. Meanwhile, you, can sit in this lavish cafe and sip on your chamomile tea. Bye!" Yoongi barked and turned around to walk to the exit.

He opened the door but his eyes widened to see the handsome man who was about to enter the cafe and bump into him. He smiled and Yoongi bowed slightly, moving aside to let him in while jogging away from the cafe without looking back.

The handsome man turned back to look at Yoongi who was moving away with the backpack in his hands and shrugged his shoulders before entering the cafe. His eyes fell upon Taehyung, sitting there doing nothing so he strolled to him.

He took a seat and Taehyung looked up at him. Taehyung squinted his eyes at him but he had a straight face. "Hoseok told me about you." The man said and Taehyung frowned at him. "Which hoe?"

The man shut his eyes in frustration but still remained calm. "I'm Kim Seokjin in the human world. But in heaven I'm one of the Heavenly Lords. Hoseok is an angel who maintains peace in the world—" Jin stopped at Taehyung's confused eyes and sighed, shaking his head.

"I'm Jin. And I'm talking about the priest. He told me about your curse," Jin said. Taehyung rolled his eyes before taking the cup of tea from the table and sipping on it. Jin furrowed his brows in annoyance and pointed his finger at him.

"Hey, you don't get to roll your eyes at me!" Jin barked at Taehyung who rolled his eyes even more. Jin scoffed and clenched his jaws, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"You let this generation's manners get to your brains, cursed man!" Jin complained but Taehyung remained silent, sipping his tea calmly. Jin observed him quietly and sighed. "What are you trying to do, Taehyung?" He asked.

Taehyung placed the cup on the table and looked at him, raising his brows. "What am I trying to do?" He questioned back. Jin narrowed his eyes at him. "Why are you still after her? I watched you. Hyeri and you. Heard both of your plans. Don't separate them." Jin pointed out and Taehyung's eyes darkened.

He gripped the cup tightly but still remained calm. "Why would I listen to you?" He rasped in a dangerous tone. "How can you still love her after all this time?" Jin asked and Taehyung smirked.

"Because I fell in love with her soul, and it is timeless."

"It's useless, Taehyung. She's not meant for you. Don't make things complicated, please." Jin pleaded in a warm tone but it didn't affect Taehyung.

"I don't care how complicated this gets, I still want her," Taehyung replied and lifted the cup to his lips, taking the last sip of his tea. "You both are thunder and rain together, they both are sunshine." Jin reasoned.

"Then I'll gladly pick her thunder and rain, over someone's sunshine. Any day." Taehyung told him, keeping the empty cup back to the table and Jin fumed in anger, losing his patience. He raised his hand in the air and the knife from the cafe counter instantly floated to his hand.

Taehyung watched him with a smirk on his lips but Jin struck the knife on Taehyung's hand on the table, stabbing his arm. But the flesh pierced like paper, no blood, nothing. Jin still maintained the eye contact with Taehyung who was smiling at him.

"You cannot kill me, Jin. The curse states that my heart has stopped beating. Which means no blood flows through my veins. I cannot die." Taehyung said and Jin pulled out the knife slowly while saying, "Exactly, Taehyung. That's what I want to say. If you keep blocking the path of destiny, you'll keep facing this curse or even worse."

Taehyung's smile faltered and he stood up from his seat, walking away from their table. "I'm sorry but it's time. I need her and this time I'll get her. And break my curse." Taehyung mumbled lowly but Jin abruptly stood up, causing his chair to fall back to the floor. He screamed at Taehyung at the top of his lungs in anger,

"Don't you remember what happened last time you changed the course of destiny?"

***************

What happened??? 🫢🤔

What happened??? 🫢🤔

Also, some of you are confused as to where did the Haeguk in the past go if the one from the future is here. Haeguk isn't actually sent in the past (it is not scientifically possible either). Jin just pushed her in a water body and activated her past memories so her current memories are colliding with her past memories. So at times she is mentioning about swear words, divorce and other modern terms but then her past memories are showing her the past Jungkook, past Yeji and past Eunwoo and everything she witnessed and went through in her previous life.

"Sending her to the past" doesn't actually mean she went back to the past on a time machine. It means that she is experiencing her past self and looking back at her past memories. Not physically going back to the past. She is physically still in the fountain probably where Jin opened the gate of her past life memories.

Give me a nonsense topic and I can actually convince someone that it exists. I am a genius. I should write a thesis report. I just made all of the above things right now while I am typing this. I didn't think much while writing the story.