11: New Princess

1362 AD

Haeguk slowly opens her eyes and takes a deep breath. She rises from the bed and stares at Yeji sitting beside her bed whose eyes jolts open when she sees Haeguk in her sense. She stands up and rushes out of her room.

Soon a bunch of women enters the room, filling it up as Haeguk frowns in confusion. "Who are all of you?"

"Noona?" She gasps when she sees Taehyun, not in jeans and his usual rockstar T-shirt but in a hanbok. "Taehyun!" She exclaims, opening her arms and the younger male's eyes widen, followed by gasps from the others.

"Huh?" Taehyun asks, pointing his finger back at himself in shock. Haeguk pouts and nods her head so he slowly approaches her with small steps before moving to her bed and immediately Haeguk pulls him in her embrace.

Taehyun's eyes widen and he stares at the others with a raised eyebrow but they shrug their shoulders. "I missed you so much, Taehyun." She cries in his embrace and Taehyun's heart softens at her tone.

He slowly and gently wraps his arms around her figure and hugs her back with equal warmth which he never felt from his sister in his life. "Why are you suddenly behaving so odd, Noona?" He asks and Haeguk pulls out from the embrace and gives him a confused stare.

"Odd? Me? Why? What is so odd?" She asks and stares at the horrified faces of others in the room. "This whole thing," Taehyun says softly, completely opposite to the bad boy troublemaker Taehyun in her time.

"Which thing?"

"You call me by my name. Hugging. Missing you." Taehyun explains and Haeguk frowns. "Did I not use to call you that?" She asks and Taehyun softly shakes his head.

"You hate me. Call me Prince. Forget about hugging. You said you didn't even want to see me in close proximity to you." Taehyun says and Haeguk narrows her eyes, cursing her this version for behaving so badly with her own brother.

"Noona? Did you really hit your head badly? You really don't remember stuff?" He asks and Haeguk smiles at him. "Yes. So forget about the past. Can you forgive me for that? I'll treat you well this time." She says and Taehyun's eyes crinkle at her words.

He nods his head vigorously before looking at Yeji with a big grin. "I am so happy. I got my noona today." He says. Yeji nods her head with a big smile the others smile to see the bright smiles on the faces of the Prince and Princess.

"I am sorry, Taehyun. I hope that you will forgive me for everything," Haeguk says but gets attacked in a bone-crushing hug by Taehyun. "Don't apologize, noona. We only have each other. At least, you used to hate me, unlike our parents who don't even bother to glance at us." He says and Haeguk drapes her arms around his back, listening to him.

It's true. In her world, they had no family too. Growing up in a foster care system and leaving the place once Haeguk turned 18, the legal age to claim the insurance money from her dead parents. Jungkook was there with her throughout her troubles, standing there with her when she fought with the government officers saying that they won't do drugs with the money.

The officers first thought that Jungkook was her husband who would elope with the money but he fought back saying that he will surely marry her in the future but instead of running away with the money he would work hard for both Haeguk and her brother whom he claimed as his younger brother too.

Recalling these incidents, a few tears escaped Haeguk's eyes as she sobbed in Taehyun's embrace. Thinking how Jungkook was there with her through everything. She was scared that she could not go back in her time and thank Jungkook for everything he had done for her.

"It's alright, noona," Taehyun says, caressing her back. "Don't cry. Don't blame yourself. You are here with me now, right?" Taehyun asks and Haeguk nods in his embrace. Yeji dismisses the other maids who follow her commands.

The two siblings pull apart and look at each other. Taehyun wipes the tear tracks from Haeguk's face softly and smiles at her. She smiles back when the door of her room creaks open but Jungkook looks at them with big eyes before bowing, ready to leave but Taehyun stops him.

"General Jeon, stop!" 

Jungkook stops and looks at him blankly like he stares at everyone else except Haeguk. "Yes, Prince Taehyun?" Jungkook questions in a hard voice.

"You can meet her. I am going," Taehyun says and Jungkook stiffens, blinking his eyes multiple times before looking at Haeguk and then at Yeji. Taehyun senses his discomfort as he chuckles before standing up.

"I know it, General Jeon. I live in the next quarter to Noona's. I have seen you coming into her place every night." Taeyun says with a small smirk and Jungkook squints his eyes at him before looking at Haeguk who shies away. 

"So will you disclose it to the King?" He asks, hiding the growing fear inside of him, not because he was afraid of the King but what it may bring upon Haeguk. Taehyun chuckles away, patting Jungkook's shoulder. "Hyung, noona accepted me today. She doesn't hate me anymore. I didn't know why she hated me at first anyway but now she just asked for my forgiveness."

Jungkook's eyes widen as he darts his head to Haeguk who just shrugs her shoulders. "She never hated you. She just was afraid of getting you involved in the same mistreatment from the royals she got if you talk to her." Yeji says and Jungkook agrees to her. "Yes, she told me that as well." 

Taehyun scoffs and turns to glare at Haeguk. "Who are you to decide that? I get to choose whom I want to speak to in my life. I don't care if I am mistreated. I just want to be your little brother, noona. Keep that in your mind." Taehyun warns Haeguk who flinches back because of Taehyun's harsh tone.

"I don't even remember what they are saying!" Haeguk fights back and Taehyun rolls his eyes when Yeji starts giggling with a smiling Jungkook. Taehyun looks at them chuckling and then turns back to Haeguk,

"Whatever it is, I like this new Princess Haeguk more."

******************

Taehyun 😭 Jungkook's Fanboy! What are you doing here?