4: Aster

2023 AD

"Why the fuck are you calling my name?" Jungkook snarled at Eunwoo who was calling him continuously. Eunwoo glared at him before pointing at the book Jungkook was holding, "Motherfucker, you are holding it upside down."

Jungkook sighed before closing the book and placing it on the desk before resting his head on the book. Eunwoo rolled his eyes and turned to look at Hyunjin approaching them.

"H-Hey, can I take a seat?" Hyunjin asked and Eunwoo smiled at him before shifting his things and making a seat for him. "All yours." Hyunjin smiled and took a seat while Jungkook lifted his head up to peek at him.

"Where is Haeguk?" He asked and Hyunjin looked at him while arranging his books. "She said she needs to go home," Hyunjin replied and Jungkook nodded before resting his head back in his arms on the desk.

"When are you going to sort things with her, Jungkook?" Eunwoo asked and Hyunjin sighed, "It has been 2 months, Jungkook. Because of both of you, I can't even speak to Eunwoo."

"It is not my fault. She was the one who broke up with me this time as well." Jungkook barked at them. "You both have been together since you both were 13, Jungkook," Eunwoo said.

"10 years of relationship and 37 times break up already," Hyunjin said in displeasure. Jungkook gritted his teeth and looked at them, "38 times. But it is always her who breaks up and fights with me."

"She is a bit immature—"

"No, she is not! She is the smartest girl ever," Jungkook protested and started packing his stuff into his bag. "You still like her, Jungkook."

"No, I don't," Jungkook said without looking at them but he knew himself that he was lying. "Then should she date someone else?"

"NO!" Jungkook said with big eyes and Eunwoo started laughing at his reaction, "You look like the immature one. Why don't you date someone else then?"

Jungkook sighed before turning to them, "Okay, I admit that I love her. I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime. And I'm pretty sure that Haeguk is that love of mine. I'm not choosing someone else." He turned after saying those words and walking towards the exit but a female voice stopped him.

"Oh, Jungkook. I reviewed your project materials that you sent me. I corrected a few bits and mailed the thing to you. Can you see it?" Hyeri asked him and he turned to look at her.

"I will," he said nonchalantly and walked down the stairs to reach the door.

-------------------------

"Jeon Jungkook," the girl with the fiery eyes punched the taller boy. "What happened, Hae?"

"Is today your birthday? Why didn't you tell me about it. It's the only day I'm nice to you." Haeguk grinned at him but Jungkook looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Then why did you punch me?" he asked but Haeguk fixed her uniform bow tie and smiled at him. "It was a friendship punch."

"Listen, Haeguk. I don't want to fight you." Jungkook said and she smiled at him. "What do you mean, Jungkook?"

"Don't you get it?" Jungkook questioned but she shook her head in confusion. "I call this being soulmates. From the first day since I met you."

Haeguk started laughing but stopped when Jungkook didn't laugh with her. "You're serious?" He nodded, looking at her seriously.

"There's no such thing as soulmates. And things don't end well when I'm close to you. We are more like enemies." Haeguk said. Jungkook's heart stinged at her tone.