7: The Other Kingdom

1362 AD

The horse galloped as the head guard threw the flag like a modern-day javelin across the huge wall guarding the huge palace of Gyeongju. "Open the gate! Hurry up!" He screamed, riding his horse as the huge palace doors opened.

The horse went inside the palace while the rest of the huge army stood outside the palace. "The West of Goryeo won! Welcome home!" He screamed, the horse taking him inside the palace field.

"The West of Goryeo won! Welcome home!" He screamed when the palace workers started beating on the big drums as everyone in the palace gathered, waiting for their king's return. The head of the advisors, clad in a black kimono with gold prints on its sleeves and the hem, long blonde hair which was tied up in a bun, lots of necklaces, earrings, a black headband on his forehead, and a huge scar through his right eye, make him look like an intimidating man.

 The head of the advisors, clad in a black kimono with gold prints on its sleeves and the hem, long blonde hair which was tied up in a bun, lots of necklaces, earrings, a black headband on his forehead, and a huge scar through his right eye, make ...

The huge troop of army spread out, the soldiers holding the name flag of their ruler. Of their region. They walked forward to the palace, the loud noises of the marching horses and soldiers' feet echoing throughout the kingdom probably, alerting them of their king's victorian return. The black flag swayed as it read,

KIM

The advisor stood forward with two attendants behind him holding the necessary items for the welcoming ritual. "Move!" The general of the army, Park Seojun screamed as the soldiers in the front moved away showing the king wearing the dark blue hanbok, having similar gold prints on the hem and black sleeves, a blue headband with a gold printed circle in the middle, the brown fluffy hair. His features were godly. Sharp eyes having a mischievous glint in them, slim nose, thin lips which were flashing a proud smirk to the advisor.

The horse of the king halted as the advisor smiled and raised his hands in the air, showing a scroll, "Decree for our King Kim Taehyung!" The advisor announced and Taehyung hopped down from his horse, walking towards the advisor

The horse of the king halted as the advisor smiled and raised his hands in the air, showing a scroll, "Decree for our King Kim Taehyung!" The advisor announced and Taehyung hopped down from his horse, walking towards the advisor. "Kim Taehyung, the mighty king of Gyeongju, killed many enemies and won a victory for the nation. He humbled the enemies and put an end to the war. The end of the war brought peace to the world. His contribution will be remembered forever." The advisor read from the scroll and Taehyung halted in front of him.

"I receive the decree, Superintendent Min Yoongi. I am humbled." Taehyung said, joining his hands, and bowing down and Yoongi bent down to hold Taehyung's arm, lifting him back up. "King Taehyung, please receive the decree." He said, extending the scroll to him.

Taehyung took it from him and Seojun stepped forward, taking it from him. "I was told that Her Majesty couldn't sleep at night, anticipating your return. Her Majesty intended to receive you personally but was stopped by the Imperial Counsellor. Hurry up and change into the gown gifted by Her Majesty. We'll return to Wolseong now. Her Majesty has ordered a banquet to celebrate your return."

Taehyung took the red cape from the other attendant and draped it around his shoulders before walking back to his horse and jumping on it. "Please relay the message to my mother. I have received news about a very important case. I will return to the palace and have a banquet with her after I resolve the issue. Then, I will also personally ask for Her Majesty's forgiveness." Taehyung announced sternly and turned his horse around. "Let's go!"

Yoongi's eyes widened as he saw him moving away from the palace. "What's the matter? Why is he in such a hurry?" He mumbled to himself as he saw dozens of horses following Taehyung away.

-------------------

Haeguk watched the window as the lady throw the berries on the net, drying it under the sun and then the kid who was rotating the potter's wheel. The two hens running around the field. The other woman grinding the spices over the stone with a big roller and an old person pulling his horse carrying some load.

"I never thought I'll experience history in real life." She mumbled when the door was being banged, "Your Highness, did you die in there? Maybe she is just sleeping." Yeji screamed.

"She is only sick for slightly more than a month. She wouldn't die so early." Another lady said. "Your Highness, I suppose it's been a while since you last had warm food, right? I brought you a lot of food today. We shall depart after you fill up your stomach." The older lady shouted and banged on the door. Haeguk turned to look at Jungkook who smiled at her, pouting his lips and placing his index finger on his lips, asking her to be silent.

"Why are we secret lovers?" She whispered to him. "The king would never want her daughter to get married to the General. So to stay close to you, I have to pretend to be your slave in front of them."

"But you didn't pretend in front of Yeji and Eun- Dongmin?" She asked and he smiled, stroking her head softly. "Yeji is your close friend and Dongmin is mine. They already know."

"I'll throw away all the food in the box," The lady screamed and Haeguk's eyes widened before she ran to the door, opened it, snatched the box from the older lady, and slammed the door immediately in her face. "What? Princess! How useless!" The lady screamed and Haeguk turned around to see Jungkook looking at her with big eyes.

"That was your mother," he stated and her eyes widened, "That pretty woman?" He nodded in shock. "But I still couldn't let the food be wasted. So I had to." She said and walked towards the bed to sit beside him. She quickly opened the boxes and stared at the different dishes in the box.

She quickly took the wooden spoon and started eating the food. "Be careful, Hae." Jungkook said, sitting down beside her, tucking the strands of hair, coming in her mouth when she looked up at him, "Don't you know how long I've been starving? How can I eat slowly?"

Jungkook poured her a glass of water from the jug and handed it to her. "You'll hurt your stomach if you gobble them down, Hae." He said in concern while she nibbled on the dumplings now. "You need to first stay alive before you can care about your stomach." She said and Jungkook smiled at her.

She held a dumpling with her hand and moved it to him when he looked at her in confusion, "Eat with me, Jungkook." He smiled and nodded before opening his mouth and letting her feed him. "But why am I staying in this small sector of the palace?"

Jungkook's smile faltered and his eyes darkened, "Your parents don't want you there. So they gave you a small cottage at the corner of the palace." He hissed and fisted his hands. "So they hate me?" He looked up at her and blinked several times.

"So what? Yeji loves you. Prince Taehyun loves you. Dongmin loves you. Prince Taeoh loves you. I love you."

**************

I love you too, Jungkook

I love you too, Jungkook. I miss Jin though.