32: Seed of Suspicion

Haeguk was sitting in the library with Taehyung, working on their assignment. Jungkook went to Hyeri's home because she somehow managed to drag him thereafter receiving tons of refusals from Jungkook. "So there were three powerful rulers in the Goryeo Dynasty. The Kang, The Kim, The Jeon. Jeon took over the other two and ended the Goryeo Dynasty and Emperor Jeon Jaehyun started a new belief of Buddhism which marked the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty in 1362." Haeguk mumbled while reading from the laptop.

"Yes, the names of the last kings aren't mentioned," Taehyung said, looking through the books. "Mhm. Kim Taehyung. Kang Taemoo. That much I know." Haeguk mumbled which sent a shiver down Taehyung's spine. The small hairs on his neck rose as he turned to stare at Haeguk with widened eyes of shock. "What?"

Haeguk turned back to him and smiled. "I know. The names of the last rulers in 1362 AD. And yes, one of them was you." She said without hesitation. Taehyung's lips parted but he closed his mouth and turned his body to her. "How do you know?"

She blinked several times and glanced at him. She couldn't tell him that she certainly made a roundhouse tour in 1362 AD and was actually proposed by Kim Taehyung himself for marriage and treated badly by her so-called father of that time, Kang Taemoo. 

She thought that like everyone around her namely Taehyun, Jungkook, Hyeri, Eunwoo, and Hyunjin; Taehyung had a rebirth too. But her explaining it to him would be pointless and she was tired of weighing the burden of explanation so she sheepishly grinned at him. "Internet says that. You have the same name as the infamous mighty ruler of Gyenogju." She said and Taehyung gulped the dry in his throat and heaved a sigh of relief.

"I thought you knew," he said, thinking that Jin or Hoseok might have told her about it. She frowned. "Knew? What did I know?" She asked and he shook his head before flashing a big smile at her. "Nothing. Internet surely does know a lot about Goryeo." He commented and she nodded before pushing his glasses that were falling off the bridge of his nose.

The tip of her finger very slightly grazed the skin of his nose but it was enough to make sparks of electricity flow through his entire body. His cheeks heated up immediately as she giggled, noticing the pink hue on his face. "Kim Tae, are you blushing?" She asked, a menacing smirk on her lips. 

Taehyung was softly looking at her, forgetting all his evil plans floating inside his brain. He wished to spend time with her more. He always wanted that. 661 years. Three-digit numbers. But too long a time. 661 years. 6 centuries. 66 decades. 7932 months. 34466 weeks. 241265 days. 347421600 hours. Minutes and seconds still counting. He waited that long. Waiting for her.

And here she is. 

Sitting in front of her and giggling with him. All he needs to do is remove the block on his way. And he will be fine. They will be fine. She will be with him and his curse will break as well. He will win her and protect her from every danger. He will love her like no one has ever loved someone. He will cherish her like a most-priced possession. 

Their love will be like the flower Haeguk. Aster. The flower itself. Undying. Like him. His existence was undying but he only survived with the hope of his undying love for her.

Taehyung noticed some of her hair falling on her face and he was almost raising his hand up to remove the lock away from her forehead when her phone vibrated and she turned away. His smile drained as he observed her taking her phone in her hand and using it. He fixed his sitting posture and watched her features drop as she looked into her phone.

"What happened?" He questioned and she blinked several times, eyes turning glossy all of a sudden. Taehyung snatched her phone away from her hands and scanned the pictures.

Jungkook's picture with Hyeri.

The ones she clicked on the corridors when Haeguk was away. Hiding a smirk, Taehyung looked up into Haeguk's eyes pretending to look upset. "What is this?" He asked.

"I don't think so this is real," Haeguk said and it ached Taehyung's heart the way she trusted Jungkook so much. But no matter how much one entrusts someone, once the seed of suspicion is planted in their heart, everything slowly crumbles down.

For now, the seed was planted, he only had to water it so that it would grow.

He kept the phone back on the table and sighed. "I think so too. This might not be real. Jungkook loves you a lot. He won't be playing with you, right?" He asked, a mocking tone in his voice. But Haeguk just stared at him without answering.

She gulped and turned back to her laptop. Taehyung placed his hand on her shoulder and she peeked at him with pink eyes, holding in her tears. Taehyung felt bad for making her sad. But he too suffered.

Last time, he might have been late but this time he will make sure, he executes everything well.

He pressed his hand assuringly on her shoulder and gave her a slight shake to cheer her up. He smiled slightly and patted her head. Looking into her eyes deeply, he mumbled,

"Jungkook might be your boyfriend for years. But remember that I'm here for you as well from now. If you want to say something or ask for advice, you can always come to me, Haeguk."

***********************

Taehyung and Haeguk gang? Vote

Jungkook and Haeguk gang? Vote