42: Life Battle

Two surgical teams were assigned to two different rooms, operating on two different persons.

But probably trying to mend the same fate.

Death.

Jungkook's parents were sitting in front of Jungkook's operation theatre while Eunwoo, Taehyun, and Hyunjin were standing in front of the next room where Haeguk was being operated. "Please, save both of them." Eunwoo and Hyunjin prayed together. Taehyun was praying too. "Please, make sure that Hyung and Noona can make it together."

Mrs. Jeon joined her hands, crying while staring at the door in front of her. "Please, save my children." Mr. Jeon tried to calm her down. "They will be fine."

Namjoon clenched his jaws, staring at the scene from heaven. He fisted his hands, fuming in anger. "What is Jimin doing?" He asked, brows furrowed. Jin sighed, looking at everything silently. "They are seeking our help. I need to do something-" Namjoon was about to turn but Jin held his hand.

"We tried last time too but failed. Let Jimin try this time." Jin said lowly. Namjoon glared at him. "How? He just toyed with destiny and now even Haeguk is lying on the death bed. She could potentially lose her life." He snarled, yanking his hand away from his grip.

"Maybe, that is their destiny."

Namjoon frowned, tilting his head at Jin's words. "What?" Jin nodded. "Maybe, we were wrong all along. The Destiny of true love. It isn't what we thought it was. They weren't meant to live together." Jin explained and Namjoon scoffed.

"You are siding with Jimin, now? A devil?" Namjoon asked and Jin clenched his jaws. "We all know where he comes from." Jin tried to reason but Namjoon rolled his eyes. "So you are siding with Jimin who just changed someone's destiny." He hissed through gritted teeth.

"We did it too."

Jin said and darkly stared at Namjoon who went blank, looking at him. "We pushed Jungkook into the lake. We also changed the destiny." Jin said and Namjoon sighed.

"Exactly, Jin. I know where this will lead. That is why I don't approve of this." Namjoon said and was about to walk forward but Jin extended his hand to block his path and stated, "This is the destiny of True Love. You cannot interfere."

"What is destiny? They are dying!"

"Yes! That is their destiny. Death. We were wrong, Namjoon. The Destiny of True Love. It is different for them." Jin shouted and Namjoon argued, raising his voice. "How is it different? They need to live together. That is True Love!"

"No! True Love doesn't only mean to live together for the rest of your lives. It means to stay together! Jimin is making sure it happens because Taehyung ruined it again in this lifetime for Jungkook and Haeguk!" Jin yelled, glaring at Namjoon who went silent at his words. Namjoon turned around and watched the cloud, displaying the doctor leaving Haeguk's OT with a saddened face.

"I hope he succeeds in whatever he is planning to do. I just wish he doesn't fail like me."

"We are sorry," the surgeon said, biting his lips and looking at Taehyun along with Hyunjin and Eunwoo. Jungkook's parents approached them. "What happened?" Mr. Jeon questioned. "She lost a huge amount of blood, and massively hit her head, injuring her brain. We still tried our best. But her condition is still extremely critical. We have to monitor her for a day and if she doesn't respond then we have to declare her brain dead."

Taehyun broke down at his words but Mrs. Jeon hugged him tightly so that he didn't fall to the ground. "Noona," he mumbled, covering his mouth and sobbing. Hyunjin and Eunwoo were tearing up as well. Mr. Jeon whimpered softly, looking down at the ground hopelessly. "We are sorry. We are shifting her to the ICU. You can meet her but she is not conscious." The surgeon said one last time before walking away from there.

They cried silently and watched the surgical team slowly getting out of the OT, the nurses taking Haeguk's body out on a stretcher trolley. "What is happening? Why is this happening to our family?" Mrs. Jeon sobbed, holding Taehyun's crying figure close to her body.

Suddenly, the door to the OT opened and the surgeon came out with a small smile. Mr. Jeon quickly approached him. "The transplant was successful. Both the liver and the heart. But still, there are certain complications with your son so we need to keep him under critical care." The surgeon said and Mr. Jeon heaved a deep sigh of relief.

"Thankfully, the organ wasn't harmed during the collision and reached safely here," the surgeon said and Mr. Jeon looked at Mrs. Jeon in guilt. They looked at Taehyun with sorrow. "But at what cost?" Mr. Jeon mumbled and thanked the doctor.

He slowly walked towards Taehyun who was crying in Mrs. Jeon's arms. He smiled at him softly. "Taehyun, you are my son too. Don't cry, son. Your noona will be alright." He assured her and looked up at Hyunjin and Eunwoo who had their lips pressed together, holding in their tears. He smiled at them slightly and mumbled, "Everything will be fine."

Jimin stood up from the table, holding the wine glass and twirling it. He slowly blinked while watching these scenes on a dark cloud. His eyes were hooded, the corners were burning red, and the tip of his nose was red as he sipped on the wine.

He pressed his back on the edge of the table, supporting his figure to rest against it. The book of death was opened to the same page.

Jungkook's page is on the left and Haeguk's page is on the right. Both of their pictures on it, smiling widely, eyes filled with sparkles and pearly whites displayed through the images.

The date of death for Haeguk was set to today. No flickering. Nothing. It was decided.

She dies today.

Jimin kept the empty wine glass on the table behind him, eyes still fixed on the scene where Jungkook was being transferred to another room and the slightly happy eyes of his parents to see their son being fine.

The date of death for Jungkook was flickering rapidly on the page of the book kept on the table behind him.

Jimin tilted his head, crossing his hands in front of his chest as he watched everything unfold on Earth as displayed on the dark clouds. Pulling his blonde hair back, two red wings emerged from his back along with a pair of horns from his head where he adjusted his hair just now. He took a deep breath and fixed his shirt, buttoning his cufflinks as if he were getting ready for something grand.

That's when it stopped.

The flickering of the date.

It stopped when it showed a specific date written in golden ink.

Today's date.

**************************

Jimin is in his real form. What is the occasion?