29: New Friend

Haeguk walked inside the campus, walking forward towards her class. But her eyes fell on Hyunjin who's eyes widened in shock but his feet instantly rushed in her direction.

He hugged her tightly, pulling her against his figure, lifting her from the ground, and spinning her with him. "Haeguk! Oh my God! Where were you missing? I stopped eating ice cream because I missed you so much! Haeguk! Haeguk! Haeguk!" He cried, hopping with her figure in his arms.

"Yeji, let me breathe!" She gasped, pushing him away but Hyunjin frowned at her. "Yeji?" Haeguk pressed her lips together and shook her head.

"I met someone like you back in the time." She whispered but an arm snaked around her waist from behind, pulling her up from the ground slightly. She flinched when Jungkook effortlessly swiped her from the ground and made her stand beside him.

"You have been saying back in time, back in time since last night. What do you mean exactly, Hae?" He asked and she sighed, shaking her head and saw Eunwoo approaching them. Eunwoo was stunned to see her too.

"Both of you went missing. What happened?" Eunwoo asked and she sighed. "Actually, Lee Dongmin, you see-"

"Hey! Haeguk! Wait!" She stopped and looked at Eunwoo who gave her a look of bewilderment. "How did you know?" He asked and she tilted her head. Jungkook and Hyunjin looked between them in confusion. "Know what?"

"Lee Dongmin. I don't go by that name anymore. That was a name given by my father," he said and she realized. "Ah, yes. Sorry. Just maybe, my mind is-"

"No, but I never mentioned it to you guys. You always knew me by Cha Eunwoo," he said and Jungkook looked at Haeguk suspiciously. She had clearly acting strange since last night. He couldn't figure out why. He was trying to put two and two together but nothing was adding up. 

Jin.

Haeguk.

The ancient painting.

The antique shop missing.

Haeguk missing.

Him getting missing along with her.

Waking up together on the Aster field.

No clue. No trace. No explanation.

"But why did you change your name?" Hyunjin interrupted and Jungkook turned to them. He noticed Haeguk heaving a sigh of relief that the topic was shifted but he couldn't let it go. But for now he will remain quiet and ask her later about this. "Ah, my mom changed it. My parents separated and mom took my custody. She thought my name was kind of old-fashioned so she changed it."

"I see. Anyways, where were you both?" Hyunjin asked and Haeguk was about to answer but Jungkook cut her off. "Actually, we are getting late for class. So let's go." He said and held Haeguk's hand with his, smiling at her and she nodded. He started walking but Eunwoo stopped him.

"The first lecture is canceled today. We have it after the break time." He said, looking at his wristwatch. "Let's go and grab something to eat. I am hungry!" Hyunjin said, swinging his hand around Eunwoo's shoulder who smiled and started walking towards the cafeteria with him.

"Can't believe these best friends were lovers back in the time-" she gasped when Jungkook pulled her against his body, wrapping his arm around her waist. Her eyes widened and she looked around in the corridor. "Jungkook! Students are watching!"

"Why do you keep saying back in time? What is it, Hae?" He asked and she stiffed, pulling herself back from his grip but still he held her hips firmly, maintaining the distance between them. Staring intensely into her eyes, he tried to look for honesty and she sensed it, nodding and cupping his cheek.

She pushed her body up on her toes to place a soft kiss on his lips but he squinted his eyes in suspicion and tilted his head. "If you think a kiss is going to dodge this topic-"

"I will explain it to you. Let us go back home, I will. I promise. Now, let's go and eat," she said and he twitched his lips sideways to give her an unsure look but she tugged his hand playfully, dragging him to the cafeteria.

She entered the cafeteria and walked over to the line in front of the counter where Eunwoo and Hyunjin were fighting over something from the menu. Jungkook pulled Eunwoo back and pursed his lips to give him a look of displeasure. 

"Just have burgers. Four chicken burgers and fries. And four colas, please," Jungkook said and Haeguk was chuckling at Hyunjin's flared nostrils, glaring at Eunwoo when she felt a presence right behind her. She slowly turned her head around and flinched to see the familiar man. 

"Kim Taehyung. You are here too!" She said, talking about the time from the past but then blinked her eyes, shaking her head to not make him think that she had gone crazy. But Taehyung quietly observed her expressions in confusion. "Umm, never mind! I just- you were so cold back in- umm- forget it." She said with a hesitant smile but Taehyung flashed her a tight-lipped smile.

"Back in?" He chuckled, unclear with her words but she shook him off. "Never mind, forget it. You will think I am crazy too," she mumbled but Taehyung shook his head, fixing his glasses and looking at her innocently. 

"No, why would I think you are crazy? You can tell me," he insisted with a smile because he somewhat felt like she knew about something she shouldn't know. Her past. He had to know if she knew about her past but Jungkook interrupted them. "Hae, let's go- who is this?" He asked, holding the tray with four burgers and fries while Eunwoo and Hyunjin were carrying the four cups of juices, one in each of their hands. 

Taehyung looked over at Jungkook and his smile faltered. "Jungkook, meet Kim Taehyung! Taehyung this is my boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook." She introduced Jungkook who smiled when she called him that. He turned to Taehyung and bowed at him politely. "Hello, Taehyung." Taehyung watched Jungkook as he straightened up again and grinned at him. Taehyung bowed slightly with a blank face. "Hi, Jungkook." He said and looked at Eunwoo and Hyunjin who introduced them too. 

"I met him about a week ago. We almost have the same courses. He just transferred and couldn't find his way to the principal's room so I helped him. And we became friends," she said and Jungkook patiently listened to her. He turned back to Taehyung and smiled at him, "Hey, Taehyung. We can be great friends. You can come and join us for breakfast. My treat," Jungkook said, shaking the tray of burgers and fries in front of his face. 

Taehyung looked at Jungkook before looking back at Haeguk as his lips curved upwards. A malicious glint in his eyes while he nodded and replied,

"Sure, we will be great friends. Thank you, Jungkook."

**********************

Do you guys like this story? I think the story is somewhat going the way I had roughly written in my diary with the plots and stuff

Do you guys like this story? I think the story is somewhat going the way I had roughly written in my diary with the plots and stuff. Hope things are coming together for you too.