26: Blood and Throne

1362 AD

Jungkook climbed the stairs but his eyes fell upon the soldier. His eyes were blank but the soldier's stance reminded him of someone. Jungkook turned to him and walked to him. The soldier shivered when Jungkook stopped right in front of his eyes, sending a chill down his spine.

"You killed my Haeguk?" The soldier's eyes were burning red in fear but not a single emotion was pooling in Jungkook's eyes as if he lost his will to live. "I didn't. I swear, General Jeon," the soldier whispered lowly, hands joined behind him but fingers trembling.

"How can you even have the audacity to disrespectfully execute the Princess of your Kingdom?"

"But I never executed. It was just a small cut with poison-" A loud grunt erupted from the entrance of Manwolde as the sword pierced through the soldier's chest, ripping his heart apart. The soldier's bulged eyes met with Jungkook's icy glare as he twisted his sword in his chest, earning low whimpers from him.

"I never mentioned anything about poison," Jungkook stated in a voice thick as gravel as he pulled his sword back and turned around to enter the palace without looking at the spy. The man who blocked the last ray of sunshine in Jungkook's life. Turning his heart dark like a cloudy night. Turning his life a hell.

He opened the door of the palace and King Taemoo was sitting on his throne with the sword in his hand but his eyes widened to see Jungkook instead of Taehyung because he expected a king like him to attack his kingdom, not a mere general of his own kingdom.

"I know what's going on in your mind. I'm not just a mere general, Kang Taemoo," Jungkook whispered, shaking his sword, and splattering the traces of loose blood in the middle of the grand hall of Manwolde. "General Jeon! Mind the way you address me! I am your ruler!" Taemoo yelled, standing up from his throne and raising his sword in the air.

"And I am not General Jeon! I am the Crowned Prince of Hanseong! Jeon Jungkook!" Jungkook shouted, tilting his head and Taemoo's eyes frowned at his statement. "What? Crowned Prince?" He questioned, looking at Jungkook and then at his sword.

"So you think that you can lie and kill me? My army will shred you into pieces before you can even lay a finger on me!" He said but Jungkook rushed to him in an instant. He was so swift with his movements that before Taemoo could process anything Jungkook pressed the back of his sword on his chest, causing him to plop back on his throne, his own sword slipping out of his hand.

"You are old, king. I served you, won wars for you, and know that you can never fight me," Jungkook whispered, digging his shoulder blade with the back of his sword. Taemoo groaned in agony at the pressure, both of his hands, holding the back of his sword while Jungkook was practically holding the sharp blade. Blood was dripping from his palms but he didn't feel a single amount of pain. He was numb to everything by now.

"Let me go!" Taemoo pleaded in a shrill voice that was barely audible and Jungkook pulled the sword back and threw it across the hall, the metal falling to the ground with a clinking sound. He pulled another sword from the scabbard attached to the back of him.

Taemoo's eyes widened, holding his shoulder, staring at the black sword in Jungkook's hand. He shook his head. "Who are you? How can you marry a princess and kill a king of a kingdom so easily? No!" Taemoo whimpered, shaking his head frantically.

Jungkook chuckled like a maniac, throwing his head back but his eyes turned dark as he stared back at Taemoo, approaching him with his sword. "As I said, I am the Crowned Prince of Hanseong. I can do that! And right now, I am no one," Jungkook mumbled and struck the sword, across Taemoo's stomach, causing him to grunt.