37: Connecting dots

Hoseok ran across the halls and corridors in search of Haeguk or Jungkook but none of them could be found. He couldn't communicate with Jin to ask him about his location. He searched all over the place until his eyes landed on Hyunjin and Eunwoo.

"Hey!" Both of them looked up to see the professor running up to them. "Um. . . Do you know where is Jungkook?" He asked and they looked at each other but shook their heads. "He was here but he went away." Hoseok frowned and tilted his head.

"Haeguk? Where is she?" He asked and they exchanged glances with each other. "Not here as well," Hyunjin said and he felt like something was about to happen. He walked up to Hyunjin and Eunwoo. 

"Can you both do me a favor?" He asked and they nodded. "Can you tell me where does Jungkook stay?" He asked and Eunwoo nodded. "We can, sir. But why?" He questioned but he shook his head.

"I had to talk to his parents about academics. I can take his address from the principal's office but then I don't want to involve the principal with this." Hoseok said and Eunwoo nodded. He gave Jungkook's address to him. Hoseok thanked them and they were about to walk away from there.

But Hoseok stopped them again. "And also, one of you. Can you stay with Haeguk and make sure that she is alright? I saw the rumor on the university panel." He said, hiding the fact that he was concerned about the bad feeling he was having, not the rumor, but could not explain it to them. Hyunjin nodded. "I am going to her home now."

-

"Princess, please stop crying," Taehyung said and Haeguk cried more. "I really thought he loved me. He was the one assuring me not to pay attention to society but then how can the pictures be fake?" She asked.

He bit his lips in frustration and placed his hand on her shoulder to pat it gently. "I understand but you need to calm down. Take deep breaths," he said while his other hands were itching to touch her and comfort her in any way he could. 

"Then he told me how much he loved me. Even in his previous life, he loved me like his heartbeat. Then how can he do this to us-" He froze at her words. His palms turned sweaty and he blinked several times before looking at her. "Previous life?"

She nodded and rubbed the bottom of her nose. "I went back in time and saw that he was my lover. Our parents didn't approve of it and then you-" she stopped and looked into his eyes, those were stunned by her confession. She pressed her lips and continued, "A cruel king version of you, proposed to me for marriage but Jungkook and I eloped. We got married but then suddenly I died."

"Did someone tell you this?" She shook her head and looked at him.

"I experienced all of this. My soul was transferred to the body of old Haeguk from the past. You were there. Jungkook was there. Eunwoo was there. Hyunjin was also there. Taehyun, Hyeri, Yugyeom. All of them were there!" She said and rubbed her temple. 

He gulped and she noticed the frown on his face. "You think I am lying?" She asked and he looked up at her but shook his head instantly. "No, I never said that you lied." She cried more.

"How did you go back there? Are you sure someone didn't tell you about it?" He asked. He thought that either Jin or Hoseok would have probably told her about this. But he never thought that she would be sent back in time for this.

"I was standing in front of a fountain and someone pushed me. I don't know how but I drowned in the shallow fountain, it felt like the ocean. It is as ridiculous as it sounds but it really happened!" She said. He rubbed his temples in frustration.

"What happened to you after you guys ran away?" He questioned, knowing the answer but still, he wanted to confirm. "I was killed by someone and I died in Jungkook's arms. But when I woke up I was back in this time." 

He sighed but something struck in his mind. He looked up at Haeguk and held her arms to make her look at him. "Wait. You died. That means that you never took help from the Internet to write the PowerPoint. There was no trace of this on the web, right?" He asked and she nodded.

"So you don't know what happened after you died. How Kang Taemoo and Kim Taehyung were killed?" She shook her head and he squinted his eyes in suspicion. "So you don't know that the Crowned Prince of Hanseong Jeon Jungkook killed them?" He asked and her eyes furrowed. She blinked several times and looked up at him. His heart was pacing at a tremendous speed but her eyes were confused as she stated,

"Jungkook wasn't the Crowned Prince of Hanseong. He was the General of the forces of Kaesong."

*********************************

Haeguk didn't know that Jungkook was the crowned Prince of Hanseong because she died before this truth came out

Haeguk didn't know that Jungkook was the crowned Prince of Hanseong because she died before this truth came out. But Jungkook mentioned that she said, in her dreams Jungkook was the Prince of Hanseong. Oh, what a plot twist you were~