36: Cheating Scandal

Taehyung watched Jungkook who was talking to Eunwoo in front of the lockers. His hands were itching to go to him, hold him by the throat, and question him about the past. "But what if doesn't know but gets curious when I ask him?" He asked himself but shook his head.

He wanted to confirm.

He had to be sure.

So he strolled towards them, fixing the strap of his bag around his shoulder and then adjusting his glasses. Jungkook turned to look at him and smiled, waving his hand. "Hey, Taehyung," Jungkook said and Eunwoo also greeted him.

Taehyung forced a smile and nodded at them. "Jungkook," Taehyung called out and he hummed in response. "Where did you get so much information about the Goryeo Dynasty? I mean Haeguk and I researched a lot by ourselves. But you even added more things to it." Taehyung said hesitantly.

Jungkook quirked an eyebrow in question but chuckled in disbelief. "Well, to be honest. I walked in when Haeguk was making the PowerPoint and was typing the things. I read it from there." Jungkook said and laughed, shaking his head, and continued, "She says she went back in time and actually saw the Goryeo Dynasty. But she sounded so convincing that I had to write them down in our PPT too."

Taehyung's face paled and his expression drained. He was stunned by what Jungkook said. "What?" He queried, unsure if he heard Jungkook correctly or not.

He nodded in response. "She had a dream where she was the Princess of Kaesong and I was the Prince of Hanseong and we were married. She can be so adorable at times."

Taehyung bit his lips and looked down to the ground. Jungkook placed a hand on his left shoulder and he looked up at him. "What happened, Taehyung? Are you mad that I took your and Haeguk's research? Hey, I did my own research too. Don't be mad." Jungkook said and moved his hand down to Taehyung's chest, resting it there for a few seconds and then giving it two manly pats.

Taehyung took a deep breath but someone screamed Jungkook's name, pulling their attention. Jungkook's eyes frowned when he saw Haeguk fuming in anger and Hyunjin shivering beside her. "Now, this is new! Are you cheating on me?" She snarled and the students in the corridor were used to their fights and romance so they kept walking.

"What do you mean?"

She rushed past the crowd and approached Jungkook before showing her phone to him. "Hyeri and you. This picture." She said, her eyes red with anger but becoming glossy. Taehyung knew what the pictures were about but seeing Haeguk sob in the middle of the hallway wasn't what he expected.

Jungkook pulled the phone from her hand and looked at the pictures of Hyeri sleeping beside him naked under the sheets. His bare chest was visible while the skin of her shoulders was exposed. Haeguk couldn't control it anymore as she took the run for it towards the exit. Taehyung threw his bag on the floor and chased her immediately, his glasses falling to the ground while he ran behind her.

"Haeguk!" Taehyung screamed and followed her out of the campus. She didn't care about the traffic and just ran.

-

Jungkook walked inside the empty classroom and Hyeri looked up in terror at him. She shivered under his dark gaze. "What is this?" He asked, sliding the phone in front of her and she looked at the picture.

"Tell me, Hyeri," he stated firmly but she remained quiet. She wished someone would enter the room right now and save her from this angry man who looked like he was ready to pounce on her. If she was scared of Taehyung then looking at Jungkook right now scared her ten times more. A loud noise echoed through the empty room as Jungkook slammed his hand on the desk right in front of her face and she flinched at her place.

"Speak."

His voice was demanding and it scared Hyeri to the core. Her lips trembled and she dared not look up at him. "Hyeri?" He called out again and she gulped at his voice turning darker with every word. A rough hand gripped her hair and pulled her head backward so that she was facing Jungkook. He pulled her hair, causing her to scream in pain while she reached out her hands to hold his wrist. Her eyes teared up. He released her hair and glared at her, holding his hips and then he cracked his neck, sinking his teeth deep into his lower lip.

"Spill the truth, bitch!"

She sobbed and looked at the scary eyes of Jungkook before saying everything. "Taehyung asked me to separate you and Haeguk. He wanted Haeguk. He told me to create misunderstandings with you and her somehow."

"So how did you edit our pictures?" He questioned, his palms resting on the desk in front of her as he stared down at her, darkness pooling in those orbs. She shivered and looked down at the wooden desk in front of her as she mumbled, "The angle was that way. Yugyeom took our first picture when I bumped into you and made it feel like we were kissing. The second picture was yesterday when you came home. I drugged you and took your shirt off. Yugyeom took you to my bed and I clicked the picture after taking my shirt off and wearing my strapless bra so that both of us appear naked."

"So nothing happened between us, right?" He asked and she shook her head. "Fucking use your words, Lee Hyeri!" He banged on the desk and she whimpered before screaming, "Nothing happened. I swear."

"Did you record that?" Jungkook asked and her brows creased in confusion. She looked up and swallowed the lump in her throat until another voice was heard in the room. "Yes, I did." She saw Eunwoo walking inside the room with Hyunjin holding a phone in his hand. Jungkook nodded without turning to them and pointed his index finger at Hyeri who jumped at his action. "And you, cheap girl! If I see you close to me again, I'll throw you in a sewer and let you rot there without food for several days. Understood?" He asked and she quivered.

His eyebrows knitted when he didn't receive a reply. "Did you fucking understand?"

"Yes. I did!" He nodded and turned around to walk towards the door. "Show this video to Haeguk." He said without looking at them, the anger still surging through his body as he walked out of the room.

-

Taehyung grabbed Haeguk's hand who was running across the playground and pulled her body towards him. "Hey! Stop!" He snarled at her while she sobbed, covering her face in her hands. He was catching his breath but his angry expression was replaced by a soft one looking at her broken state.

He sighed, tucking the strands of her hair behind her hair and cupping her head. "Princess?" He called out softly and she looked up at him. "Don't cry over him." He whispered but she whimpered, shaking her head. "You don't understand, Taehyung. I was fighting for our love but he-" she wept.

He opened his arms to hug her but stopped in hesitation. He fisted his hands, biting his lips before letting his hands fall back to his sides. He wanted to take advantage of her weakness but he loved her a lot to do that. He was the cause of her misery but he couldn't embrace her suddenly.

He wished to take time.

But little was he aware that time was running out.

******************************

Who is the hero of the book? JYP :) Now, dance~