24: Infinity

1362 AD

Jungkook's eyes widened at Yeji's state but he glared at the spy. But the very next second his breath hitched when he heard screams of a familiar voice from behind the cottage. "No, no!" He yelled, pulling the lead rope of the horse, and hurrying towards the back of the cottage.

He pulled his sword out of his sheath while feeling his heart palpitating at an immense speed. He was biting his lips but gasped when he watched the spy run away.

His eyes fumed in anger and he turned his horse in the direction but halted when a scream from the side reached his ear.

His heart dropped.

"Please, no. Please, lord. Please. No. No way. Please," his voice croaked, his throat turning dry as he slowly turned to his side. But the sword slipped from his hold in shock. He quickly got down from his horse, his knees giving up at the sight of Haeguk beside the lake, bleeding and holding the side of her stomach.

He ran to her and collapsed to his knees beside her, pulling her head against his chest. "Hyung! Dongmin!" He screamed. She was throwing up blood from her mouth but her lips curved up when she felt his rapid heartbeats against her ear. His whole body was trembling in fear.

"Hae, please. Look at me. Please," he whispered, whimpering and tearing up. His warm tears fell on her face and she slightly opened her eyes to see Jungkook's miserable state.

His whole face was soaked with tears and his red eyes filled with pure fear. He shook his head but looked at the wound in her stomach. "You'll be fine. You'll be alright. They are coming here—"

"It was poisoned, Jungkook—the sword. I won't survive. We read in history books that the black swords used to be poisoned," She said and he cried, rubbing her arms. He knew it but he refused to accept it. The blood coming out of her mouth was proof that she was poisoned.

"What history books? You'll be fine," he assured her but she closed her eyes, taking slower breaths. "Hyung!" Jungkook screamed louder, waiting for him to come here and tell him what to do because he was lost and scared about this. He couldn't think anything straight.

"Jungkook," she called out and he looked back at her while breaking down, "Will you love me when my heartbeat stops?"

"I will love you for infinity."

She smiled and more blood flowed out of her mouth. He wept and used his sleeves to wipe the blood from her mouth, trying to stand up with her figure. "This won't do. I'll take you back on my horse —"

"Meet me at the bottom of the ocean," she mumbled, pointing at the lake beside them. Jungkook frowned but swallowed the lump of saliva in his throat. "Where the time is frozen.
Where all the universe is open." She hummed in a weak tone.

"What are you singing?" Jungkook commented in confusion. "Love isn't random, we are chosen." She sang lowly, squeezing her eyes due to the pain in her stomach. "Haeguk, let's go-" she pulled his hand back, causing him to crouch beside her figure.

"And we could wear the same crown. Keep slowing your heart down. We are the gods now," she finished and smiled while spitting blood. "I love you for infinity. It is a song from the future. A very famous TikTok song," Haeguk said and her breaths slowed even more.

"Meet me there, Jungkook, and then maybe we might get a happy ending," she whispered and Jungkook scooped her body again from the ground and stood up, glaring at her. "Stop saying these things, Haeguk. I don't understand anything. My mind cannot think straight until you're fine." He said but felt a slight nudge on his chest.

"I shouldn't have refused to stay with you back then just because of society then we would have been together," she whispered, losing her pulse and breath.