28: Found

2023 AD

Jungkook felt soft breaths hitting the sensitive skin of his neck while his head throbbed in pain. His eyelids were heavy but he still struggled to open them while hugging the figure in his embrace. The warmth against his body was familiar when he opened his eyes to gaze at Haeguk's figure sleeping soundly.

His lips curved upwards as he noticed the aster flowers behind her. Realizing that they were in the field of asters, he felt at ease. But his eyes widened when he realized the events from earlier of Haeguk being missing and Jin making him fall asleep. He quickly sat up with Haeguk in his arms who groaned in pain, still subconscious.

He tried to shake Haeguk but she whimpered before muzzling his neck. He pulled her body back and it limply fell back while being cradled in his arms. "Wait, is this a dream or reality?" He asked while holding Haeguk's figure, his arms around her back. He shut his eyes, squeezing them shut and then opening them again but she was still there.

"How is she here? I didn't have her when I passed out," he thought to himself but then recalled Jin. "The antique shop man! Everything is weird when he is around me. Nothing makes sense," he mumbled but hugged Haeguk, pressing her face against his chest.

"But as long as I got you back, I don't mind senseless things," he whispered, caressing her hair. He scooped her up while standing up from the ground, carrying her back from the field of asters to his car that was safely kept in the same place where he left but it was dusty now. He frowned but decided to ignore it. He managed to open the door and put unconscious Haeguk in the backseat. He was concerned about her. 

How did she faint? Where was she? What happened? Was it a dream? Why did Jin make him unconscious? How did he find her unconscious in his arms when he gained consciousness? 

So many questions.

No one to answer.

He blinked several times in thought, fixing his jacket to cover Haeguk's legs and closing the door to walk back to the driver's seat and drive his car back to his mansion where everyone was waiting for them. He brought her back to his home and entered the mansion.

"Jungkook! Haeguk!? Where did you find her? Oh my God! Where were you these past few days?" His father bombarded him with questions earning a confused expression from Jungkook. "Days? I was gone for days?" He asked and his mother approached him with a crying Taehyun with her. 

"Both of you are back! We were so worried when you went missing too!" His mother exclaimed while Taehyun scanned his sister's state. "Hyung! Thank you for finding her! Thank you so much, Hyung!" He thanked Jungkook who hesitantly nodded with a small smile, his mind flooded with confusing situations and thoughts.

"What happened to her? Where did you find her?" His father asked and he looked at Haeguk in his arms. "She is exhausted and passed out. She needs rest. Can you inform the police that we found her?" He asked and his father nodded. "But we still need to tell them where we found her-"

"Just, drop the case, Dad. Listen to me, we found her. I don't care anymore," Jungkook said while walking past his father who nodded, looking at the distressed face of his son.

"I'll take care of her. Don't worry, Taehyun," he said to the boy who was following him towards his bedroom. Taehyun bobbed his head cutely and Jungkook giggled, strolling towards his bedroom. "Take the bedroom across mine and I'll let you know when your Noona wakes up," he assured him before parting ways and bringing Haeguk to his bed.

Lying her figure on his bed, pulling his jacket away, he removed her shoes and jacket. He quickly brought in a soaked towel along with some of the clothes that were kept in his cupboard with his clothes. He cleaned her and made her change her clothes, making her comfortable in the bed and pulling the blanket over her figure to tuck her in.

He leaned down to place a small kiss on her forehead when he noticed her eyes fluttering. He stroked her hair carefully as she opened her eyes, turning her head to look at Jungkook. Her eyes widened to see Jungkook's red hair and then she frantically twisted her head everywhere to analyze the room where she currently is, sitting up on the bed.

"Where am I?" She asked, gasping for air and Jungkook giggled. "Where do you think, Kang Haeguk? Maybe, I kidnapped you," he teased but was immediately pulled by Haeguk in a bone-crushing hug. He was left in surprise but wrapped his arms around her figure, rubbing her back and comforting her while she cried in his neck.

"I thought I lost you forever, you jerk!" She scolded but Jungkook smiled, hugging her tightly. "How can you lose me, Hae? I won't ever let it happen," he whispered and she sobbed.

"But it happened and I died. The sword and poison. Everything was in chaos-" Jungkook cupped her face, pulling it back to look into her tear-filled eyes. "Calm down, Hae. Don't worry. I am here. I am here beside you." He mumbled and she nodded.

He smiled while his thumb stroked her cheeks as he wiped her tears away. "So where were you, Hae? We were searching for you for almost a week," he asked but heard her sniffles.

"Would you believe me if I told you that I went back in time?" She asked but he twitched his lips and gave her a sour look. "Yes and I am the Statue of Liberty," he said and she sighed, shaking her head.

"I don't know. I think I had a dream. It is not possible but then it happened so maybe everything was real. Or it might be just a dream but then again it felt so real-" 

"Umm, okay. I think, you were abducted and then again you were released?" Jungkook asked and she gave him a look of unsurity. He smiled, shaking his head but then pulled her closer against his body.

"Nevermind, forget it. You're back and that's all that matters." He said and she breathed on his chest, wrapping her arms around his back.

"Yes, I guess. But the dream or reality, whatever it was, taught me a lesson that was needed." She mumbled and he frowned. "What lesson?" She smiled as she recalled the times which she referred to as dreams but only she knew what she felt and it felt real.

She recalled how much she wanted to fight against the royalty for Jungkook. How much she was scared to never meet him again when she felt death kissing her soul. She won't let her insecurity overpower her. She was determined as she whispered on his chest,

"I love you, Jungkook. And I won't let royalty or society affect our relationship."

*****************

Back to the current time

Back to the current time. Let's go~