5: From Seoul, To Goryeo

1362 AD

Haeguk cupped her mouth in shock staring at the huge force of the army on horses, wearing hanbok. But his eyes landed on the person standing right in front of her eyes.

 But his eyes landed on the person standing right in front of her eyes

His round eyes are very bright, holding the universe in them. His small face, golden tanned skin like honey, and small mouth with slightly plump lips. And his chiseled jawline. But he has dark hair now. Not the usual red or blonde that Haeguk is used to see.

"What were you doing here, Princess?" His deep voice broke Haeguk from her trance as he stared into the strong gaze of the man, sitting on the horse, his rough hands holding the lead rope attached to the head collar of the horse.

"I'm sorry, General Jeon. She slipped into the bathing pool of Wolseong and didn't come up for a few hours. Now, she is behaving strangely and not recognizing me." Yeji pointed out and Jungkook passed a firm gaze on Haeguk.

"Why did you go to Wolseong?" He questioned strictly and Haeguk's eyes widened to see this fierce Jungkook. "Uhm-" she started and turned to Yeji, "why did I go to that place?"

"Why are you asking me?" Yeji asked and Jungkook squinted his eyes when a man got down from his horse and approached them but Haeguk was still arguing with Yeji. "Weren't you there with me? You don't know?"

"Your highness," a soft yet strict voice called out and she turned around, bulging her eyes out at the person who called out for her.

"Eunwoo?" Haeguk called out and he frowned, "Your highness, what is that?" He asked in confusion

"Cha Eunwoo. Your name." She mumbled and he shook his head, "Lee Dongmin. That's my name."

"No, he's Eunwoo." She said while Jungkook was silently observing her with an expressionless face. "Your highness, I highly fear that you have lost your memories," Yeji said and Eunwoo nodded to that.

"No, this is all wrong. Where's my phone? Argh, I'm teleported to the past? What's happening?" Haeguk kept talking when Jungkook pulled the horse's leash, causing it to neigh loudly.

"Let's go back to Manwoldae. Come here, princess." Jungkook announced blankly but she looked at him, "Jungkook, are you from the future as well?" Jungkook's eyes widened as he turned to Eunwoo.

"She just said my name twice. How can she lose her memory?" He asked. Eunwoo replied, "She might only remember you. She doesn't remember any of us."

"Also, she doesn't know this place and that she's a princess," Yeji added. "Princess? What? You weren't lying?" Haeguk asked, gasping loudly and Jungkook sighed.

"As long as she remembers me, that's enough," he said and moved the horse towards them. Haeguk gasped when Jungkook bent down, sitting on his horse, swiftly wrapped his arm around Haeguk's waist, lifting her and making her sit sideways on the horse.

"What the fuck?" She screamed holding Jungkook's strong arm when he pulled the lead rope of the horse, making it gallop speedily. Haeguk gasped, turning her head around to hug Jungkook who protectively held her with one arm and smiled slightly.

"Hae," he mumbled but this time it was soft. Haeguk slowly lifted her face to see him with wavering eyes. "Did you really hurt yourself?"

"Are you from the future too?" She asked him instead and he narrowed his eyes while the horse was taking them back to their palace, Manwolde. "Future? What do you mean?"

"I am from the future," She said and he sighed before nodding, "Alright, you really hurt your head. But do you remember me?" She nodded but then shook her head.

"You look like someone I know but you both are different," she said and he frowned, "What was his name?"

"Jeon Jungkook but he was a student at Seoul National University. He has red hair. I mean it's dyed but still. He's goofy but you're serious. What are you doing in this period?" He chuckled nervously, not understanding anything but then trying to deal with it patiently since she has hurt her head somewhere.

"Don't you remember my feelings for you?" He asked, tilting his head and looking into the girl's eyes deeply. "Tell me something about Haeguk of Goryeo." She said, concluding that this is surely a different period and that there was no escape from there.

"Okay, so Kang Haeguk is the youngest daughter of Kang Taemoo, the ruler of Kaesong. He has two wives. Queen Yoora and Lady Miyeon. Two daughters and three sons. Kang Yugyeom, Kang Hyeri, Kang Taeoh, Kang Haeguk and Kang Taehyun-"

"Wait! Wait! Taehyun?" She asked and nodded, the horse now moving slowly across the lake. She moved her head to the side and saw a huge number of soldiers riding horses behind them while Yeji was riding the same horse as Eunwoo.

"Don't you remember anything, Hae?" Jungkook asked. She looked back at him and shook her head. "He is your brother. Both of you are the children of Lady Miyeon and King Taemoo."

"What are you?" She asked and he smiled at her, "The general of the convoy of Kaesong, Jeon Jungkook, and Lee Dongmin is my advisor. Hwang Yeji is your servant but you treat her like your friend."

"Are we close here?" She asked, pointing her finger at him and then her. He raised his eyebrows at her, "There was a time that I remember when I never felt so lost. When I felt all of the hatred was too powerful to stop. Now my heart feels like an ember and it's lighting up the dark. You are the light to my dark."

"Explain more easily. I don't understand anything."

"You are an unmarried woman. Yet you have shared the same bed with me. If I don't marry you, I'm afraid nobody else would dare touch you." He said and she scoffed, straightening up to sit properly.

Jungkook was stunned at her sudden mood change but kept his calm demeanor. "Old people and their bullshit tradition."

"Bullshit? What is that? A part of the beef that we eat?" Her eyes widened at his query and she shook her head. "It means you are a fool."

"I am the general, Your Highness, and the only one who has your heart so I am definitely not a fool," he said, a menacing smirk playing on his lips. "Maybe you should have a drink to bring back all your memories, Hae." She turned her head around and a smile formed on her lips seeing the scenery in front of her as she mumbled,

"Look at the field of aster flowers. We always went there for our picnic dates."

***************

I personally loved writing the scenes from the Old period then the ones in the current times

I personally loved writing the scenes from the Old period then the ones in the current times. It was so peaceful back in those times.