Chapter 24

Niall's POV

Twitter questions. They were always fun. But tonight I couldn't concentrate. Nicole kissed Harry! Then I had a great idea. I walked over to Harry and whispered the idea. He grinned and agreed. He glanced over at Nicole and gave her a cheeky smile and walked to tell Paul.

A few seconds later, Dani and Nicole were on stage. Dani was smiling but Nicole looked petrified.

Harry spoke. "So girls, I hear one of you guys can sing and the other has some incredible skills on a clarinet."

Dani's face paled at the mention of singing and Nicole looked like she would faint.

Louis walked up to Dani and asked "can you sing?" Dani looked at the floor and mumbled something I couldn't hear, but Louis sure heard it. He smiled and spoke, "so you do sing! Well I guess that means we need to sing!" He laughed as she shook her head furiously. Nicole nudged her towards Louis and Harry gave her his mic. Nicole walked over to Louis and whispered something in his ear. He nodded and spoke again. "Dani and I are going to sing... Half a Heart!"

Cheers erupted around the arena and then Harry got them silent again. "Also... we have another special girl who is gonna play a instrument that she is very talented at. Our very own Niall James Horan grew up with. She is going to a company Louis and Dani while they sing!"

The cheers got louder. Nicole looked panic stricken. Her face was pale and she was twirling her hair around her fingers. Her dad was off to the side of the stage with her clarinet in hand. I smiled and pointed to him. Nicole saw him and walked over.

Nicole's POV

The screams were peircing my ears and Dani and I stood nervously. Those boys knew about our talents and we were gonna go on stage in front of thousands. I wanted to throw up. Dani looked the same. She was singing with Louis so at least she had band up of things went wrong. Yet I was all alone.

Niall pointed to the side of the stage and I saw my dad standing there a wide grin on his face. He had my clarinet in his hands and Cracker was beside him. He must have known about this the whole time!

Slowly I made my way over to him. He handed me my clarinet. Cracker smiled and handed me a brand new reed and the sheet music. I managed a small smile and walked back out to the middle of the stage. After putting the reed on my clarinet I handed Harry the sheet music.

Taking a deep breath I started the song. Seconds later Dani's clear voice rang out through the arena. Louis started to sing along, their voices melting together in perfect harmony. After the chorus to the song, we stopped. Everyone was quiet. At first I was scared that they hated me. I mean Dani and Louis did amazing, but I've always had that slight insecurity that people thought I was horrible at playing, but that insecurity was washed away without a second thought when the arena erupted into cheers. Dani and I smiled and waved walking off the stage as I hear Louis say, "now that, was what I call talented!" All the boys agreed with him ad we walked backstage to my dad and Cracker.

They both smiled widely and my dad wrapped his arms around me in a hug. "You did great! I'm so proud of you!" He said. Cracker smiled and agreed. "Kiddo that was just amazing!" I blushed and turned to Dani.

"Dani! You were amazing! You... just oh my gosh! Words can't describe how amazing that was!" I exclaimed.

Dani blushed a bright pink and smiled. "Thanks Nicole. That means a lot. You were amazing too!" Wrapping her in a hug I heard applause behind us.

There stood the five boys that put me and my best friend on stage in front of thousands.

Two updates in one day!!! Yay!! You're welcome @EricaKirsch. Keep bugging me!! Thanks for the reads!!! Love yall! I'll try and update again soon!