Chapter 47

Nicole's POV

The first two months of senior year had past and it was bow my last day at Brookwood High School.

I walked out the door with my phone. All my friends were standing there with a little box and their phones. They all ran towards me and tackled me in a hug.

My mom walked out with her camera. "Hey I need a picture of all of yall together." My mom said. We all looked at her and then back at each other. We all burst into tears.

We finally composed ourselves and smiled for the camera. A few poses later we were walking to school.

"Guys I'm going to miss all of yall. Thanks for being there for me when I needed you. Yall picked up my broken peices and fixed me. Today will be hard but I will always remember yall and we have prom and senior night and graduation. I love you guys." I smiled as tears ran down all of out faces.

We had made it to school by then and they dragged me to the band room. "Where are we going? We have first period in five minutes!"

They continued to walk to the band room. When we got there they walked in. The lights were off and it was silent.

Suddenly the lights turned on and all my friends from my years at Brookwood all yelled, "surprise!" I smiled as each one of them came to give me a hug. Someone turned on the music and everyone started dancing.

Mr.Bowen and Mr. Harrison walked up a few minutes later.

"Hey Nicole. We hope you have a great time in Ireland. We will see you soon! You have been an amazing student since you came here." Mr. Bowen said.

"I agree. Your marching skills are incredible and I'm glad to have had you as a student." Mr. Harrison smiled.

I spoke to them for a few more minutes before all my friends walked to the front of the room. They cut the music off and started to speak.

"Nicole, we just want to let you know how much we love you. You have been there for all of us. So thanks you." Julie started.

"I remember your first day here. You automatically claimed first chair. Most people were annoyed that the 'new girl' walked in on her first day and claimed that chair. I'm proud to be your friend and I'm so glad you came into my life. Have a great time back in Mullingar and we will see you soon." Nikki said. A few tears slipped down my cheeks.

"Looking back today, I realize you have helped me through so much. Before you came to Brookwood, I was a girl who everyone said should be a cheerleader. When you came along you accepted me for me. Nicole, you have truly changed Brookwood for the better." Marie said. By now everyone was watching me. I smiled up at the girls I called my friends.

"I have no clue where to start, but let's start here. Nicole, you are incredibly amazing and talented at band. I'm glad you became my friend. And although I'm sad to see you go, you need to see Niall. Also tell Louis hey. But that's beside the point. I'm a very proud friend. You helped me get over stage fright and audition for Juliard. I got accepted but there was no way I was leaving you. It's our dream school. I'm not going without you. But thank you. Thank you for everything." Dani finished. I was crying for real now as they walked off the stage. They all came over to me and we shared a last group hug. All of us were crying and our makeup running but we didn't care.

"I love you guys." I said for the millionth time in the past two months.

*************

The plane ride was so boring. The girls were at school and sent me random texts. To be honest I needed their craziness. They always made me smile and I hated leaving them.

I put my headphones in and went to my music. There was a new playlist. Hmmm. It was called 'Nicole'. I hot play and soon all my friends voices filled my ears. I smiled as I listened to them sing and talk and laugh. I went to my notes to make a not to Skype them when I land.

When I got to my notes there was a new one. It was titled 'Missing You'. I opened the note a read it.

Nicole,

We are missing you right now. If you opened this note then you have probably heard the playlist we created for you. Hope you liked it! We felt that you should be able to hear us when needed, but that we not always be able to talk. So we created the playlist. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Love,
DANI, NIKKI, MARIE, AND JULIE!!!!!

I finished the note and started to cry. I created a group chat and sent a message.

To: The Girls!!!
I just read the note and listened to the playlist. Missing yall!!!! xx

The flight attendant then announced, "Passengers, we I'll be landing soon. Please turn off all electronic devices." I sighed and turned my phone off.

I was back in Ireland. Miles apart from my best friends but a street across from the boy I loved.

Oh my gosh. She is back in Ireland. Well I hope you liked it!!! Thanks for reading. Love yall