Chapter 13

Nicole's POV

When we got home I ran straight to Niall's room and grabbed his guitar. Clutching it tightly I ran back down the stairs and to the guest room where I have my old practice clarinet. I never took it to Alabama because I didn't ever use it except when Niall and I were messing around with music. After getting both instruments I ran to the living room where Niall was sitting.

"Aye Nialler! Look what I got."

He glanced over and his eyes widened in surprise.

"Nicole! What is your practice clarinet still here? Don't you need it in Alabama?"

I smiled at him and quietly said "No, I'd rather use the one that my best friend got me before I moved." I walked over to the couch and sat in his lap wrapping my arms around him. "I left this on here because I knew that I shouldn't risk my special one getting broke between travel and I knew I would need one when I'm in Ireland to visit. So, I put it in the guest room under the bed." He smiled and leaned forward or noses brushing. "That's good. so now when ever I miss you I can just go get it out from under the bed." I giggled quietly and nodded.

After talking, we grabbed our instruments and got our music. We had learned a lot of songs to play together but most of the time we just played our song. So Sick, we had learned the song the day I found out I was moving and we agreed that when we were apart that it would be our song that would keep us together.

Warming up my Clarinet I started playing random notes and rythmns. My rythmn started off as:
da da-da da da da-da.

Niall looked at me with the confusion written clear on his face. "I was bored and so I just played random stuff and it sounded good." I laughed.He shrugged and went back to strumming the guitar.

After three run throughs of So Sick, we put our instruments up and got ready for dinner. Greg was taking Niall and I to Nandos as our last night together.

When we got there, we got a booth and all piled in. Greg looked at Niall with a questioning look and Niall nodded his head. I was confused until Niall turned to me and said, "Nicole, I know you're going back to Alabama tomorrow but I want you to know that this has been the best week ever. I'm so glad that you got to be here and I have something to give you and so does Greg." Niall pulled a box out of his pocket and handed it to me. I carefully opened it and I small gasp escaped my lips. Inside the box was the most gorgeous silver infinity ring. When I looked on the inside of the band it said "Infinite Friendship". I leaned over and quickly kissed Niall's cheek whispering a quick thanks in his ear. Greg then started to speak. "Nicole, I know we aren't that close but you are like a sister to me and I want to say thanks for putting excitement into mine and Niall's lives. I'm so grateful that you are like a younger sister to me." After that he also pulled out a small box and handed it to me. I opened the box to find a small charm of the number 16 with sapphires embedded into the numbers. I got up and walked over to Greg with tears falling down my face and hugged him tightly. I whispered a thank you into his ear and walked back to my seat.

After eating, Greg drove us back home and Niall helped me pack. Two hours later we were done and fell asleep.

7:30 in the morning my alarm went off and I shook Niall awake. My flight was at 9:00 and we needed to get ready. pulling on some denim capris and my Derby County jersey I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After we were all ready we went to the airport.