Chapter 71

The sky was and orange pink as I put my suitcase in the back of Dani's car. "I don't want to leave today." I sighed.

Dani gave me a small smile. "We will be together soon. Graduation is only two months away."

I smiled and agreed. "And until then we have skype."

She let out a small giggle and turned on the radio. The beginning of Stitches by Shawn Mendes started to play.

Dani let out a squeal and started to sing. I bit back a giggle and soon we were singing, well more like screaming along with the song.

As the last notes drifted through the car, we pulled up at the airport. I reached over and pulled Dani into a hug. "I'll see you in two months. Tell the rest of them I'll miss them. Keep Niall and Louis in line and make sure they are at the interveiw in time this afternoon."

She let out a laugh and squeezed me in a tighter hug. "I'll miss you too." I opened the door and grabbed my suitcase. Glancing back and Dani once more, I saw a tear fall down her cheek. I sent a small wave and walked inside the busy airport.

The warm, wet tears, tracked down my face as I went through security and found my gate. My flight is in thirty minutes so I decided to check in with my dad.

To:Dad
At airport. Text you when I land. Love you!!!

A message came through instantly. As I opened the message, my heart broke.

From:Dad
They are transferring me to Maine. I don't know if I will get to be at graduation. I'm sorry. Love you too!!!

I was about to reply but my flight was called. I quickly turned off my phone and walked to the gate. I handed the worker my ticket and went to find my seat.

Taking my seat I laid my head on the window and tried to forget about the pain in my heart. I had to be strong.

***********

A jerk woke me from my sleep. I took in my surroundings and realized that I was still on the plane. Looking out the small window I saw a flash of lightning. My eyes went wide and the speaker came over. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are trying to find somewhere to land to wait out the storm. Please fasten your seatbelts and remain calm. Thank you."

Oooh!!!! Storm time! How is it gonna end. Will she be safe?? Hmmm. Who knows??

EricaKirsch your turn!!! And please no cliffhanger.