Chapter 46

Nicole's POV

My alarm went off at 5:45 this morning. Rolling over with a groan I turned it off.

I got up and walked to my closet. Pulling out a pink tank top, I paired it with a three tiered skirt. Letting my curling iron heat up I did my make up. It was simple and natural. I made sure my back pack had all the things I needed in it and checked my phone.

5 New Messages.

Dani- Hey! Ready to rock this school year? :)

Nikki- Finally a day with band!

Julie- Official Senior buddies!!! :)

Marie- OMG!! WE ARE SENIORS!! YAY!!!

Louis- Niall says good luck today and he loves you. :*
P.S- this is Niall! xx

All the messages brought a smile to my face. My curling iron was finally hot so I curled my hair in loose ringlets. Unplugging the curling iron, I walked put of my room.

When I got downstairs I saw the person I didn't think would be here. "Daddy!" I screeched as I ran into his open arms. He smiled and lifted me up.

"You didn't think I would miss my baby girl being a senior, did you?" He asked. I smiled and hugged him again.

"I'm so glad you're here! Do you want to walk with me?" I asked with a smile.

"Actually I came to give you a letter from someone but sure I will walk with you." He said. I looked at him confused. "Letter?" I asked.

He smiled and handed me a peice of paper. 'To Nicole' was written in a handwriting I loved so much. "Niall wrote this?" I asked. My dad nodded. "He mailed it to the arena where I was working. It was a dressed to me so no one would keep it from you."

I unfold the paper carefully. It said

Dear Nicole,
I miss you so very much. I'm so proud to call you my best friend. I'm sorry management seperated us but I will find a way for us to be together. Have a great first day of school.

Louis also told me about your mom being transfered to Ireland. I'll get to see you! I know you may not want to leave Brookwood, but I will fly you out there whenever you want to go back. I love you so very much and hope to see you soon. Tell all your friends I said hi. You're beautiful and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Love,
Niall James Horan

I read the paper multiple times trying to process it. He said he loved me. What are we? It wasn't official yet. So many other questions ran through my head, but my dad interrupted my thoughts. "Nicole, it's time to go." He said.

Grabbing my backpack from the ground I walked out the door.

*******
The first day of senior year was absolutely perfect. I talked to all my teachers and they said that I could participate in graduation, senior night, and prom. I'm so glad this is working out, but I'm not ready for two months to pass.

*******

The week passed quickly and then it was Saturday.

I had woken up to the bright sun streaming through my window and decided it would be a good day to go outside. Getting dressed in a lavendar tank top and a pair of white high waisted shorts I pulled my long hair into a high ponytail. Slipping a headband on I grabbed my Nike Frees and walked downstairs.

"Morning." My mom chirped. She looked extra happy. I decided to ask why.

"Good mood aye?" I asked with a smile. She grinned. "We get our old house back in Mullingar." I squealed in excitement. That meant Niall would only be across the street.

"That's great mom!" I said. She laughed. "I know. Now you just need to get your irish accent back."

I smiled and walked outside grabbing the soccer ball from the porch. Setting up the goals and hitting play on my phone, I kicked the ball into the goals. My kicks were forceful and relieved the stress of having to move in a month.

I was lining up another kick when I heard a familiar voice. "Nicole!" I turned around and saw a girl I never thought I would see again. "Emily?"

The girl smiled. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Mum got transferred from Dublin to here. What are you doing here?"

"Dad was transfered five years ago here and now I'm going back to Mullingar cause mom was transferred back. And since they are divorced I have to go with her." I said.

"Oh. Well I'm glad I got to see you. I missed you. The competitions weren't the same without you." She said referring to all the times we had pulled pranks at the band competitions.

I smiled. "The good old days." She laughed and agreed. "It was nice seeing you again. Don't go back and start the pranks without me." She said as she waved and walked off.

Talking to Emily made me realize that no matter where I was, I had friends and it was home. I still didn't want to leave Brookwood but I knew that Mullingar was still home too.