Chapter 15

Nicole's POV

I woke up to Dani's dog, Carrots scratching at her door. "Dani." No answer. Dang this girl sleeps like a rock. "DANI!" Still no answer.

I got up and walked to the door. Opening it slightly, Carrots came running in. I quickly picked him up and walked over to Dani. Setting Carrots down on Dani's bed, he started to lick her face.

"AAAAHHHHH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" Dani exclaimed.

Laughing and gasping for air I replied. "Well you wouldn't wake up and Carrots was at the door and so I just got him to help wake you up."

"Whatever. Do you wanna go to the mall?"

I thought for a second. "Yeah let me go home and talk to my parents first and then change. I'll call you when I'm ready."

"Ok. See ya later." She said as I walked down the street.

**********

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" I shouted through the door. My dad opened the door, my mom close behind him.

"Nicole, we need to talk to you. We need to explain everything you didn't hear last night." My mom sighed.

My dad spoke up. "Your mom will have full custody over you and I will see you every other weekend. Holidays will be changed every other year. For example this year will be Mom's year for Christmas and I'll get you 2 o'clock Christmas day. Next year's Christmas will be the opposite."

"Also since you are turning 14 in a month you will be old enough to make the decision to if you want to visit your father's house during the week you can. Also if your dad and I get remarried you sort of have a say in who because we don't want to upset you. So that's pretty much it." My mom said while getting up to get breakfast.

I sat in silence for a minute then spoke up. "Will yall get along or will yall fight nonstop?"

They both stopped and looked at me. Guilt written upon their faces. "Nicole, we will try our best to not fight. We will try our best to get along to agree on stiff and not get you involved in fights."

I nodded and got up to go to my room. "I'm going to the mall with Dani."

After getting dressed in denim shorts and a blue Jack Wills sweat shirt, topped of with a high ponytail with a pink bow and pink Tom's. I called Dani.

10 minutes later Dani and I were at the mall. We each had 50 dollars to spend.

Three hours later loaded down with bags from Aeropostale, Forever 21, Bath and body works, and a Caramel Frappé from Starbuck's in hand we walked to Great American Cookies. We had to choose a design for my birthday.

Ten minutes of talking and choosing designs, we finally decided on a chocolate chip cookie with a green, white and orange border with music notes in the middle. "It's perfect!" Dani said on the way home.

So thanks for reading and comment to let me know how it is. Sorry for not updating a lot I've been busy buy I'm gonna try and update more. Love yall!!