21: Wrong Decision

1362 AD

Taehyung walked through the hall in Kaesong where everyone was already knelt. He calmly strolled and stood in front of Taemoo who was looking at him with trembling eyes.

"Your General and your daughter eloped. They got married. You weren't aware of it?" Taehyung asked in a serious tone and Taemoo looked at him in disbelief. The hall was filled with gasps and whispers.

"I was not, Your Highness."

Taehyung smirked and looked at him. "It's a word of dishonor, King. A princess getting married to the general of your army is the most disrespectful thing you can ever face. How are you going to address this to the people of your kingdom?" Taehyung asked and Taemoo was shivering.

It's was indeed forbidden for princess to get married to someone who didn't have a royal bloodline: who isn't a king or prince. No matter how much of the power the general of the armed forces held in a kingdom, he could never be in the same position as that of the princess. It was a shame according to the people of the Goryeo Dynasty.

"It's a shame, King. Such a shame." Taehyung whispered darkly, rubbing the handle of his sword, exposed from the scabbard and added, "You'll lose your respect in the kingdom. Your own people will scorn you, King."

Taemoo flared in anger. How could she do this? How can she bring such a huge embarrassment to her family? Didn't she think once before eloping and getting married to JungKook?

"Kang Taemoo, you are the same age as my late father. I have an offer for you." Taehyung mumbled and Taemoo looked at him who smirked. "Since your spies could find them at the priest's cottage, I think they will be able to find them again. Now, I would like you to listen to me carefully," Taehyung said and slowly moved forth to lean his mouth close to Taemoo's ears who was in fear.

"Once you find them, kill the rest of the three and bring Haeguk to me. Alright, King? Nobody knows that they are married to each other in the kingdom. Nobody will know either after I marry her," he whispered to him. Taemoo shivered at his tone but nodded slowly.

Taehyung smirked darkly and pulled his face back, standing up straight and looking at everyone in the hall before turning back to walk towards the exit. Everyone watched him leave and then looked at the king, waiting for his next command.

"Bring in the spies," Taemoo ordered, his eyes burning red in anger and confusion but he had to make a decision. "I cannot believe that Haeguk could bring such a shame to the family. She's the black sheep!" Yoona screamed when two men wearing all-black outfits entered the hall, even their faces had a cloth-like mask covering them except their eyes.

"Everyone leaves the hall this instant. Except for the spies," he yelled. Taehyun flinched and looked at his father in horror. He wasn't aware of how and what was going on but he didn't feel quite good about the current situation.

He wished to be with her sister more than being here. He wanted Haeguk. But right now he had to follow his father's orders. So he left the hall along with the others.

"Your majesty!" The spies bowed in front of Taemoo. He had his eyebrows knitted in anger, nostrils flared and blood boiling in rage.

"Find Haeguk like you did earlier." The King ordered and the spies waited for his further command. Lips didn't tremble for once when he ordered, "But this time, just kill her."

Even the spies had their eyes widened at his command but they weren't trained to counter their King's orders. They stood up and exchanged glances with each other. "We won't bring her back here?" One of them questioned, still in disbelief at the fact that the father had just now ordered his daughter to be killed.

King Taemoo looked at them, eyes burning in anger and not a single remorse in them. "Once she gets married to Taehyung, she might be a threat to us. She might complain to him about us and we might lose our kingdom. So it's just better for her existence to perish." He ordered and the spies bowed down in front of him once before standing up and walking towards the exit.

Taemoo watched them go without a single regret or guilt in his eyes. "You shouldn't have done this, Haeguk. Marrying a non-royal blood and now the dangerous King being obsessed with you. You caused this upon your own self." He mumbled and turned around to walk towards his throne.

He took a seat on it and placed his hands on the hand rest of the throne, rubbing the gold metal slightly.

Not realizing that it wouldn't remain clean for long.

******************

Next chapter will also be based in the historic time