49

"He was obsessed with her.If anyone ever harmed Naya,it would be the end of them"-Kasimir Campbell
——————————————————
ARES
Two days later

Checklist done by princess' birthday
-Win the head don spot from Apollo
-Assassinate Theo
-Kill Apollo (I can't wait!)
-Claim myself Don Ares Makris
-Get a engagement ring for Naya
-Start Apartment hunting

"What are you doing?"Ace asks.

I hide the paper and clear my throat."Nothing"."Right so I'm just going to pretend that you were just editors something with an evil look on your face".

"That would be great".He rolls his eyes and sits down on the counter.

"What are you doing here?Don't you have class with Naya today?"."Yes.And it's sooo great that you are awake.Because you can take my place!".

"Uh Ares I look nothing like you.Im sure the teacher will notice"."That teacher didn't give a fuck.So it go to the class and keep an eye on princess yea?".

"Uh okay.Where are you going?"."Meeting with my father".

"Alright well good luck!".

I nod my head and watch as he leaves the apartment.Time for step 1.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"I'm sorry what?".

I clear my throat as my father looks up at me.He drops his pen and I smile.

"I want to start the challenge for Don of Makris"."Ares I thought we made a deal to do it after we sealed with Theo?".

I blink slowly and pull my paper out.I grab a pen from his desk and correct it.

-(Correction)Assassinate Theo
-Win the head don spot from Apollo
-Kill Apollo (I can't wait!)
-Claim myself Don Ares Makris
-Get a engagement ring for Naya

I put the paper away and groan."What is the plan then?".

His eyes darken and he crosses his arms."I have a plan though..I don't know if you will like it"."What exactly is your plan, Father?".

He smirks and sits back in his chair."My plan could get you the Don spot that you desire and end Theo in one swish"."And you think that's possible?".

"Anything is possible Ares".He sits back in his chair and I smirk at him.

My eyes darken and I say "Then please enlighten me, Father".He smirks back and says "I had a feeling that you say that".
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

NAYA
I lean back in my chair and look down at my nails.My father looks around the room before clearing his throat.

"We are here today to witness the vanishing of my now ex-wife Lena Lemaire".

Mom is brought out with two men holding her down.I always loved my mom,her elegance was out of this world.

But now..she looked so..weak.

Her last chance at pity with her fake tears.Her pitiful pleads to me.She should be lucky.

I convince my father to do banishment instead of death.

She could've died today.
But because of me she will live her life.She will live another day.

My father gives her a disgusted look before turning his head away."I strip you of your last name and position as my better half.Treason for trying overthrow me.I thought you would learn better, Lena?".

She looks at him sadly before holding her head down."I will give you money but that's it.You are to leave France and never return.You step foot in this country and you will die.Understood?".

She nods her head and looks at me."Any words Naya?".

I stand up and walk over slowly to my mother."You claim elegance all the time.But in the end, your greedy got in the way.The day that me and Ares Makris marry..I don't want you there".

Her eyes go wide and she looks at me sadly.I close my eyes and turn away.

"My princess!You have to understand?I want what's best for you".I growl and walk back over to her.

I grab her chin and pull her closer."Ares is what's best for me"."Can't you see that lousy Greek is brainwashing you?He is a monster.A killer.You cant love that Naya.He will only hurt you!".

"Let me be the judge of that"Dad says stepping up.

He looks down at my mother and tilts his head."Did I not like him at first?Yes.But there is no one who loves my daughter more than that 'lousy Greek'.Besides if he does hurt my precious daughter he will find death by my hand.But that is none of your concern anymore.Send her away".

He waves his hand dismissively and the men send her away.I close my eyes as she calls out to me.

My father hugs me tightly and looks down."Im sure you want to see him now?"."No.As your heir I will need a balance.Ares can wait.You're more important right now father".

He smiles brightly and turns to our family."To our amazing heir!"."To our amazing heir"they repeat.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

That night.
I sigh as I unlock the door.I walk in to see Aaliyah and Ace on the couch watching tv.

"Hey Naya!"they say."Hey is it just you two here?".

"Yep just us.The perfect opportunity for a movie night if I say so myself"Ace says."Have you heard from Ares at all?".

They both look at each other and Ace speaks up."Uh I don't know.He said something about meeting his father and that's it.I haven't seen him in a minute".

I nod my head and walk over to the recliner.They both sit up and look at me."Today was the day right?".

I nod my head and Aaliyah walks over to me.She puts her hand on my shoulder and I smirk sadly.

"Are you okay?"."Yea...I'm okay".

Ace whistles and says "Makris better get over here.He has a job as a boyfriend to comfort his girl".

i look at him amused and say "And who taught you that job?".He points to Aaliyah and I chuckle.

"I hope I'm not third wheeling"."Of course not!We are here watching Terminator.You are definitely not interrupting"Ace says.

He presses play and hands me the popcorn bowl."You are always welcome to third wheel with us, Naya"."Oh fuck you".

He laughs and I lean back in the recliner.