46

"Secret could always break us"-Ares Makris
———————————————————-

ARES
Two weeks later

Naya has been acting weird.Yesterday I got out of the hospital and she has been way too ...different.

I know my princess is worried but she's been attached me like a belt.She hasn't left my side since I got back and basically nursing me back to my normal.

"Princess".

She stops typing on her phone and looks at me.I motion for her to sit on my lap.

Setting her phone down,she walks over and climbs in my lap.She kisses me sweetly before staring at me.

"What is it, Blondie?"."You would tell me if something was wrong right?".

She smiles and says "oF course I would baby.Your my boyfriend-"."Fiancee".

She freezes and looks at her ring finger."I don't see a engagement ring on my finger"."Oh you will.It will be the biggest ring you've seen.I'm going to ice you up".

She chuckles and kisses my cheek."I look forward to it".

I knew exactly when I was going to put a ring in Naya's finger.I knew it the second I saw her at the gala three months ago.

I am proposing to her on her
birthday.Which is only a month from now.

Which means I need for end that stupid shit with the France so that I give Naya the proposal she deserves.

"What are you thinking so hard about?".I smile softly and says "Nothing.Im more worried about you".

"Why?".I grip her waist and pull her closer.

"Naya you have been acting weird these past days"."Weird?".

I give her a look and say "You've been acting a little more of my bodyguard than my wife?"."Im not your wife".

"You are.Either way less like my lover and more like a bodyguard"."Im just worried about you.Ares you almost-".

I cup her face and say "I came back to Naya.I will always come back to you".She sighs and i bring my hands back down her waist.

"But that has nothing to do with why you are acting like this".She looks away and I say "Talk to me princess.We are team remember?Im nothing without you".

She blinks slowly and gets out my lap.I look at her confused as she walks to the door and looks around.

She locks the door and walks back over to."Naya what is it?".

She climbs back on my lap and cups my face."Ares.I'm..Im scared".

I look at her confused and she takes a deep breath."What is it?Tell me princess"."It's.Its my mom.You remember two weeks ago I left for a mission with for my parents?".

I nod my head and she continues."I lied.I went to my house to eavesdrop on my parents conservation because they have been acting really weird"."Okay..".

"When I got there she was having a conversation with Apollo and a guy with sea-green eyes"."Theo?"I ask.

She nods her head and I narrow my eyes."What were they talking about Naya".She takes a deep breath and says "You".

"What about me?"."..Killing you.Apollo wants you dead so he can take the throne to himself.And .Theo he wants you gone too".

"Is that right?".

Her face appears full of worry as she looks up at me."That isn't even the worse part..I think my mother is trying to kill my father"."What?"I say shocked.

"Im guessing she wants to run the family but while woman are very progressive, woman being leaders..it only works if I'm the head of the same.My family will never allow my mother to be that spot".

"Why does she want him..there has to be a reason why?"."I ..I don't know.Im just overwhelmed! I want to protect my father but".

She cups my face and stares at me."But I want you to say.Your my..my forever and I don't want anything to happen to you,Ares"."Nothing will happen to me,Naya".

I grab her hand and kiss it softly."That's what you promised me last time and you came into the room with a stab wound!"She snaps.

My eyes go wide as I see the anger rolling off on her.Ive never seen Naya this angry before.

She shoves me lightly and says "You have a home! You have someone that you come home to!"."With open arms..open legs and an open mouth?"I joke.

She looks at me seriously and says "Now is not the time to be joking Ares.Im serious! You're good at what you do I can't deny that but-".-"I'll start being more careful.You're right.I have to come back to you every night.I can't do something reckless".

She sighs in relief and I tilt my head."As for your parents.. To them-".-"Ares-".

"-I promise you that I will be fine.You have to solve your family problems.And I have to end mine".She stares at me softly before caressing my cheek.

"You know I'm proud of you,Ares"."And what did I do?".

"If you could see yourself from a year ago-".-"I would be running as fast as I can".

She slaps the back of my head and I chuckle."Really baby.You have really started to become well..."."Human?".

She nods her head and I press a soft kiss in her eyelids."That's because of you princess.You were the missing piece in my life.You're the one who made my heart whole".

She kisses me passionately as I grip her waist."Come back to me,Princess"I say softly.

She puts her forehead on mine
And smiles softly."I will"."If not..I'm going to take down every fucking member of the Lemaire family until I get to you.And I'm never letting you go".

She smiles and says "I'll do the same for you".She gives me a serious look before kissing me one more time.

"Now it's time for your medication pill so I need to get you some water"."Acting like my doctor now princess".

"It's a girlfriend's job to nurse her hot boyfriend back to health".I raise my eyebrow as she get off my lap.

She walks over to dresser and grabs my pill bottle."Husband but since you called me hot I will let it slide"."Oh well you".

"Yea.I don't like being treated like a boyfriend".She rolls her eyes playfully and walks back over to me."Oh shut up and take your medicine Blondie".