30

"Life has a unexpected way to show you the love of your life"Naya Lemaire
—————————————————

NAYA
Ares didn't come back to the door last night.Which is weird especially when he promised me he did.

"Thats weird though isn't it.Doesn't he always tell you what his missions are?"Aaliyah asks."Yea..he does".

We walk towards Aaliyah's car because she left something in the trunk.We get to the car and she opens the trunk.I look around before my eyes go wide.

"Ares!?".

He was in the drivers seat passed out.I rush over to the car beside Aaliyah as she looks at me confused.

"What-Woah..is that Ares?!?".

I walk to the drivers door to see it unlocked.I open the door and slam Ares cheek softly to wake him up.His eyes slowly open and he jumps up.

He hits his head on top of the car and looks at me."Fuck..I think I passsed out as soon as I got here"."Where the fuck have you been!I've been worried sick about you".

"Im fine as you can see".I look at the whole in his shirt and dried up blood.

"Did you get shot"."Yeaaaa but someone patched me up so I'm fine.What time is it?".

"11-"."-Oh god I'm going to be late to class!..wait..I don't care about class".

He shrugs and says "I guess I'll just skip".He gets on the car and looks around.

"Hmm I was passed out here for a long time huh"."What was your mission".

"That is none of your concern,princess"."It is my concern if-".

He tilts his head and looks at me coldly."It's none of your business,Naya.Leave it alone yea?".

It was a difference when he called me Naya as opposed to his usual princess.I grunt and hold my hands up defensively.

"You said you would be right back.Do you know how it feels to sleep in an empty bed waiting for you?".He tilts his head and locks his door.

"You don't know either since you were fucking my brother ever since I left"he snaps.

My eyes widen and Aaliyah mouth drops to the floor.

No this white boy didn't just-

I point a finger in his chest so hard he winced."Look here you little piece-"."-Hey! Oh my god we are going to be late to class!Come on Naya.Can't be late for your first day of senior year am I right?".

Aaliyah drags me away and glare him."We will talk later.And have a long conversation about your attitude and how you got me fucked up".

He rolls his eyes and I almost lung for him before Aaliyah pulls me away.She gives him a glare before walks away with me.

"What the hell crawled up his ass this morning"."I don't even want to know"I say huffing.

ARES
Okay maybe I shouldn't have snapped on Naya.But my head is still processing a lot of shit.

Starting with the fact that my father is still alive and is the secret leader of the Campbell family.