31

"The Powerful are never ones who fear change"-Hades Makris
———————————————-
NAYA

I was on his bed on the couch when Ares walks out in a towel.I gulp as he walks over to the dresser and grabs a pair of his boxers.

He turns to me and smirks."What are you doing?".

He drops the towel and my eyes go wide.God fuck I never get used to seeing his size.

I mean..big dick energy was..Ares.

He doesn't break eye contact as he puts his boxers on and into my favorite, gray sweatpants.

He leaves his shirt off and I stare at his tattoos."You didn't cover mine"."Why would I cover it".

"We broke up and I thought-"."-We aren't breaking up princess.Why would I cover it?".

I smile softly as he sits down beside me.I turn to face him and look at seriously."Ares"."Princess".

"Im going to ask you something I want you to answer it honestly.Got it?"."Yes princess".

"Did you break into a warehouse that belonged to the Campbell family and destroy evidence?"."Yes"he says calmly.

My eyes wide and I say "why?"."Because Kas told me to".

"That's it?You want to destroy the Makris family don't you? Why didn't you let us find it"."That was not the way to destroy the Makris family".

My eyes widen as realization hits me."You know what was on the drive"."I do".

"And you aren't going to tell me?"."No princess".

I push him back and he looks at me shocked."why not?You want to destroy them as much as my family does!".

"Naya,that wasn't a way to destroy the Makris family.It was a way to start a war with Campbell family and someone far more worse"."What are you talking about?".

He rubs a hand down his face and grabs both of my hands."Princess.I want to protect you-"."-Ares you know that I am fully capable of protecting myself.You know what I do for a living just as much as you do".

His face turns cold and he narrows his eyes at me.I don't think I've seen Ares look at me this seriously in a long time.

"Naya listen to me.That file isn't for just anyone.If someone got theirs hands on that file,it wouldn't be just end of the Makris family,It would be he end of the Campbell family.And me"."What was in that drive,Ares?".

"Something that could change the Makris family for the better".I sigh and say "Ares what are you up to".

He smiles softly and says "The real question is..What is the Campbell family doing?Im simply a puppet in their play".

I narrow my eyes as he pulls me in his lap.I move his wet curly blonde hair out his face and stare at him."And you're fine being used by someone?".

He shrugs and says "It means i have value.That people need me"."I need you".

"I'll always be there"."We could've been engaged Ares.You wouldn't have to go back here".

He smiles softly pulling me closer on his lap."I didn't want to tie you down,Naya.Yea maybe you started here to watch Apollo but you love it here.I want you to be happy and find your own path.Who wants to be a the fiancée of a mafia assassin?".

"The same person who is a mafia assassin"."I want us to be engaged for love not for alliance".

I study his face as he looks away."You're lying"."What?".

"Ares, I'm really good at reading people.Maybe I'm never good at reading you but I know one thing is for certain.You're lying.There's another reason why you don't want an alliance between our families".He frowns and grips my hips.

"Yes"."And you won't tell me that either".

"I don't know why myself.It's something that my uncle is hiding.And I want to know what it is"."And you will destroy your family just to get it?".

He smiles and says "I'll bring hell to them to just to get it"."Well then I have to ask.Is it worth it".

His eyes shine and he says "Yes"."Then if Apollo or my parents or anything ask you,you deny it".

"Are you asking me to lie, princess?"he says smirking."Im telling you to do what I ask".

He smirks harder and kisses my cheek."You know I would do anything for you,princess"."Yea?".

He takes a deep inhale and nods his head."I didn't think I would have a weakness but-".

He moves back and I cup his face softly."When I see those beautiful chocolate brown eyes and that breath taking smile of yours,I want to do anything".

I tilt my head and say "How about apologizing for lashing out on me this morning and being an asshole".

He holds his head down and sighs."Because I was really about to jump on your pretty ass and beat that pretty face up"."You think my face is pretty".

"Ares".He sighs and looks up at me sadly.

"Princess, I'm sorry for lashing out on you.It's just I'm so used to know everything about my family.To have a secret like this not see by me, pisses me off".

He hugs tightly and says "Im so sorry for lashing out on you princess.You were just worried about me".

I smile softly and say "hmm that's a pretty good apology"."That means you accept it"he says happily.

"No".He frowns and I think to myself."I will if you kiss me here"I say pointing to my lips.

"Gladly princess.I'll kiss you there anytime you want".He presses his lips on mine and I deepen the kiss.

"Am I forgiven princess?"."Yea baby".

He smiles brightly and I caress his cheek."How did I get so lucky to have such a amazing boyfriend"."Well I don't mean to brag but-".

I push his lightly and he laughs."Shut up you cocky brat"."Hey.Hey don't like you don't love this cocky brat".

"You're right I do love this cocky brat".His eyes light up and he trails soft kisses down my neck.

"And this cocky brat loves you more than anything"."Loves me enough to watch love island with me?".

He groans and says "Naya!".

"Come on pleaseeee".

He picks me up and walks us to the bed.I lay down on his shoulder as he turns the tv on.

"See!You are the best, Baby!"."Mhm best boyfriend ever.I know".

"I didn't say all of that".He pinches my cheek and I laugh."Cheeky brat"he huffs.