27

"Distance was our ruin"-Ares Makris
——————————————————

ARES

"The fuck did you just say"Mrs.Lemaire says pissed.

Kasimir shrugs and says "You heard me.Maybe it's time for you pass the rock as they say".

Naya narrows her eyes and says "Who the fuck do you think you are?"."I mean I would say again that I'm the English Mafia don but maybe that didn't register what that meant?".

Naya's eyes darken and Ace pulls a knife out to Kasimir.I was quicker and had a knife pointed at Naya and Ace.

Naya's eyes widen and Kasimir nods his head."I think you all have met right?The Angel of Death?Only instead of Ares Makris ..his name is Ares Kouros"."What?"Uncle says.

My head tilts and I say "Get your fucking weapon away from him before you both die a quick death"."You would say that Naya of all people?".

"Yes".Naya looks at me sadly and Ace drops his knife.

"Appreciate that Ares".I nod my head at him and side step beside him.

"You have gotten quicker"."Maybe you just got slower".

Sofia rolls her eyes and slaps the back of my head.I glare at her and Kasimir claps his hands.

"Let's all just be nice to each other right?We have a long day ahead of us right?This is a party.We wouldn't have crashed if we weren't invited".

There are whispers through the room and My eyes darken.Kasimir really was a master at putting a situation in his favor.It's what I admired most about him.

"It must've gotten lost in mail"Mrs.Lemaire says.

Kasimir looks at me and I shake my head."Right of course.Well since we are here how about we sit at a table"."Please sit at ours. I insist".

We follow them over and Apollo glares at me.I ignore him and walk beside Sofia.

"You know there is this thing called person space"."You know I don't care"I whisper back to her.

.Sofia rolls her eyes and sits in the other side of her brother while I sit in the left.Though what I didn't expect was for Naya to sit right beside me.

I gulp as Apollo sits across from me and glares hard."So you go by Kouros now?".

My eyes darken and I give Hades an emotionless look."Ares Makris died on that ledge that night.Why would I go by that disgusting last name?"."A last name you showed nothing by loyalty to"Apollo states.

"And look where that got me"."Enough about the past.Let's talk about the future"Mr.Lamaire states.

"And that is?".He looks at Naya and says "My daughter engagement to Ares".

My eyes wide as Apollo look up shocked."What!"he yells.

Kasimir clears his throat and says "That's not happening".

I take a bite of my food as Naya looks at me shocked."What about finding a way for us to be together.This is our way,Ares".

"Why would I marry into a family that's weak as hell?Literally doesn't help my family at all"."Glad you are still thinking about us".