15

ACE
"Fuck no"Kira says.

We had to leave that party a lot earlier than ecpected.Raphael had made a fool out of the family and it was messing with our business and our reputation.

We walk to the car beside Boss who was on the phone."The Yakuza.You have got to be kidding me"."Have Apollo fake his death.Dye his hair,Wear colored contacts and sign him up for a college in Japan.The Yakuza will protect him and we never have to see him again".

Boss frowns and says "And that would be another group we own.Not a good idea"."So what?We just wait and wait until Raphael has us by the balls?!?".

We get in the back seat as Ares and Boss get in the front."Is there really a better idea?"Kira asks.

"The Yakuza are tricky people.This won't be a small favor".We all sigh and Ares grips the steering wheel.

"So we don't have another choice right now"."You either kill him or get him to a place far away from here.Becaue he is only putting a target on our back and making us look weaker".

"I will drop you off boss you don't have to worry about it"Kira says.

Boss nods his head and we sit down in silence.Ares makes sure that we aren't followed and we get to the offshore mansion.

Boss gets out and turns to Ares.Based on the look that he was giving Ares,We all could tell what was about to happen next.

"How did you not know a Lemaire was under your nose?".

Ares looks down and says "I'm sorry uncle"."Do better.I expect you to be the best.And when you do things like this,It makes me wonder if making you the leader was the best choice".

Ares nods his head as his uncle moves back to gut him.I wince in pain as Ares falls to his knees.

Hades punches him in the face and growls."Maybe that black eye will be a reminder to you.A moment of weakness"."Yes Uncle"Ares stutters.

Boss fixes his coat and says "I will try to get Ace here to room with your brother.You two need to be closer to him"."Yes Boss".

He turns away and Kira follows behind him.We get back in the car and he hands me the keys.I help him in the car and I get in the drivers seat.

"I'm going to kill her"."Are you?".

"She lied to me"."You were lying to her.And I had a feeling she had no idea that you were involved in the mafia".

"And what makes you so sure?"."Because she didn't even know you existed ,Ares.But I will admit now it will be a little awkward".

"She's dead to me"."I highly doubt that".

"Well okay maybe not at this exact moment but  she will be.I just need to find someone else to fuck"."That's pushing down your trauma.Do you think that's the best idea?".

"Maybe not but how I see it l, it's the only way I don't go off the deep and ignore a killing spree"."Okay yea you might be right about that one.Then we should talks about the next order of business".

"That being".

He gives me a look and asks "What do we do with Apollo?"."Where I see it he has three options:Either we fake his death, kill him or he learns how to be a Makris".

My eyes widen and I say "You are willing to actually train him?!?Thats a first"."We are at a disadvantage.They think we are weak.That's the last thing we need".

I park in the usual parking spot and rush over to help Ares out.He grunts as I lock the door and put his arm around my shoulder."How bad is my eye?"."well you definitely have a black eye".

"Great"he says annoyed.

ARES
We walk into the door and Aaliyah is the first one that sees us.

"Oh my god,Ares what happened?!?".

I look to the living room and Apollo stands up.Naya was right beside him and walks over.She looks up and her eyes go wide when she sees my face.

"What happen-"."Don't talk to me you pathetic bastard"I snap.

Apollo looks at me sadly as Ace sighs."Come on I'll help you with your eye".

Ace leads me to the bedroom and sets me down on the bed.He closes the door and whistles.

"That tension is crazy! How we going to manage.More importantly how are you going to not kill your brother?"."Trust me when I say that he's not my brother.He's put this family through so much shit there is no more defending him".

"Tell Kira tomorrow to work on getting his name off the registry.As for all of my saving and things I inherited from my parents,give it to Apollo.He's going to Japan whether he likes it or not"."And how exactly will you manage to convince the Yakuza to help?".

I smirk and say "You haven't heard?Their Yakuza princess is my ex".

Ace's eyes go wide and he says "Oh fuck no"."Oh fuck yes.I'll contact her by the end of the week".

"She will want a formal alliance with your families through marriage.If I'm not stupid that's the reason you brought it off with her in the first place"."So be it.I'll do anything to make sure the Makris are on top".

"Even selling your soul?"."Especially that".

He pats my back and walks out of the room.I lay back and hold my face.

He hasn't punched me like that since I let Apollo leave in the first place.I suffered the worse beating of my life trying to protect Apollo.

Because of him our parents died that night.And my uncle wanted his head in a platter for revenge.

To Apollo it was our involvement in the mafia that killed them.Little did he know,it was his stupid house party he had when the three of us were out of town.

Gave them the exact location they needed to kill our parents brutally.