Chapter 54

"How could you be so careless? Can your cut hurt the baby? Are you go-?" Miya asked in a panic.

"Oh, my gosh, it's just a small cut," I say, laughing. "Obviously it stings because I just cut a lemon."

"Ma! It might hurt the baby," Miya worries.

"It won't hurt the baby, I swear," I said.Miya moved away and walked back.

"Then, it is fine," he says, returning to his game.

"Uh-, so you care about the baby more than your mama? You don't care about your mama getting hurt," I say, pouting. To piss me off, Miya smiled, looked up at me, and said.

"No!" Miya says.

"So much for making your favorite lunch," I muttered. Miya laughed. Soon, Kaoru and his parents came out. The parents immediately left and cried.Kaoru looked angry and stormed into the kitchen.

"Sir, please stay for lunch," I say, walking towards them.

"Carla, let them go," Kaoru says.

"But-,"

"Carla!" Kaoru says coldly. I was surprised by his actions and didn't want to push his buttons anymore, so I stayed quiet. I looked over at Miya, who was also surprised. Miya looks over at me and shrugs.

"Why is there extra victuals?" Kaoru asked irately.

"I thought they were staying for lunch," I say softly as I walk into the kitchen.

"Well, you mentally conceived erroneous!" Kaoru yelled. I was done with Kaoru's behavior. He will not treat me like this because he is in an unpleasant mood! I took my left hand and slapped him across the face.

"I don't like how you treatme now! Now, get your ass on the couch and tellmewhat the hell just happened in that room. Do you understand me?" I ask, looking up at him with anger. Kaoru was surprised when I slapped him like that. "Does it look like we have all day? Now!!"

"You can't just slap me like that!" Kaoru yelled back.

"Yes, I can! And you can't do that!" I yell back.

"Affirmative, I can!" Kaoru yelled as if offended.

"I would like to see you try," I say, crossing my hands. He took his hand up and pushed it back down and groaned. I knew he couldn't do it.

"That's what I thought. You love me too much," I say, smirking. "Now." I say and take Kaoru by the ear and make him sit down. "Spill."

"You guys fight so stupidly and weirdly," Miya says, trying to hold in his laugh.

"Not now, Miya. Your papa has some explaining to do," I told him. Kaoru sighed and looked up at me.

"You ken how my papa is divorced, right?" Kaoru commences and I nod. "Well, after they divorced, my father wouldn't give me independence when I was younger, so it triggered me. That is why me and Joe always sneak it in. When my papa unearthed information regarding that, he cerebrated Joe was an unsavory influence. Well, he was, but I couldn't leave him for that, so I was friends with him, abaft my papa's back. My papa detested me having friends, because he mentally conceived I would leave him, just like my mama left him. And that is precisely what transpired because of how clingy and protective he was. When I turned 18, and was about to peregrinate to college, my papa would not let me do so. So, I absquatulated to college and became the person I am today. It has been 8 years since I last visually perceived him, today. He still wants me to return to our hometown, and be with him for the rest of my life. But I can't leave you and Miya."

"What the fuck?" I blurted out. Miya looks at me wide-eyed. "You guys are really fighting about something this small. I thought it was bigger and more serious. You really are aBaka!"

"Hey, I am not the reprobate in this story," Kaoru says.

"No one is, ya'll gotta talk it out!" I say.

"That is literally what we did, but that didn't avail," Kaoru says.

"Then you guys just need some assistance," I say, smiling.

"Love, you don't have to take part in this drama. Your life is free of drama now. You authentically want to ruin that?" Kaoru asks, putting his hands around me.

"It's my way of thanking you, to make my life drama-free," I say, kissing his forehead.

"Well, what are you waiting for? They are literally so far away. They are near the Motachi store. Youshould hurry," Miya says, looking out the window.

"Car keys, please," I told Kaoru.

"I still thi-," I stopped Kaoru.

"I'm not hearing any more excuses. You know what, I will get it myself," I say, rolling my eyes. I got the car keys and stepped into the car. I began driving and headedfor the Motachi store. I looked around that place, but couldn't find him, so I asked someone instead.

"Sir, do you know where a pink-haired old man and an orange-haired old man ended up?" I asked him.

He says, "I believe they were going to the oldies' apartment building."

"Arigato! That helps a lot," I say, driving that way. I started feeling the baby kick and it was annoying now.

"Not now, I'm driving," I muttered. I mean, it was pretty late in the afternoon, and the baby wasprobably hungry like me. Not now though, we have some family problems to solve for your papa.

I soon parked the car and walked in to see a deskman there. Perfect!

"Excuse me, sir! Do you know what room the pink-haired and orange-haired man came to?" I asked him.

"Ma'am we need names, or else we cannot let you in," he tells me.

"You can't do this to a pregnant lady!" I muttered. Then, I realized that Kaoru's last name was Sakurayashiki!

"Sir! They were the Sakurayashikis'!" I say, looking up at him. 

"How come you didn't say so in the first place," The man asks me. 

"As a pregnant woman, I needed time to process," I say. I loved making my pregnancy an excuse.