Chapter 36

"Pa?" I say as my eyes flood with tears. I run to him and wrap my arms around him.  "I miss you!!"

"I miss you too, Carla. I'm very proud of you," I hear in my father's voice. I smile hard and I squeeze him. "You beat your ex and you are finally letting go." My father pats my head and makes me pull away. 

"H-Huh?" I ask, tilting my head. 

"You've been holding on to me for 2 years now, Carla. It's time you let go of me fully. I will always be a part of you, but I shouldn't be the reason for my Carla to turn different. Be yourself again...without me," My father says, smiling warmly at me. My tears run nonstop. 

"Papa, I-I can't!" I say, breaking into a cry. "You matter to me too much!"

"I promise, I will be watching you, but you should really stop thinking about me. What is done is done," My father says, closing his eyes. I gulped and looked up at him to see his smile again. He slowly started to fade. 

"No, no! Papa stay with me!" I yell, trying to hold on to him, but I end up falling into a dark hole...

My eyes shot open as I started to gasp and the first words that came out of my mouth were:

"Papa!" I yell out. My eyes flinched when they got exposed to the light. I started to rub it and I took a big stretch. "It was all a dream..."

"I'm going to check on mama," I hear Miya's voice trail into the room. He walks in and froze. 

"Oh, hey Miya," I say, smiling. Miya's eyes slowly filled with tears. 

"You smiled! Mama, during yesterday's race, you started showing emotions!" Miya squeals. 

"What happened to the Miya, who acts cool," I say, chuckling. Miya lowers his voice. 

"I guess it's pretty cool your back," He says, trying to act cool. I started to laugh. I loved having myself back. 

I spotted my phone from my side and opened the cameras. I started to make faces and expressions of happiness. Soon, Sasha and Joe walked in. Sasha screamed out loud and wrapped her arms around me. 

"CARLS!!!" She squeals. 

"I'm back Sash!!" I say, squealing with her and hugging her. 

"We all are going to have to get used to you being like this," Joe chuckles. 

"Trust me, I'm way funner like this," I chuckle. Then, it hit me. "Reki? Langa? Kaoru? Wait, I haven't seen Kanao in so long!" 

"Kanao was overwhelmed by Reki and Langa's fight, so she went back to our hometown. I don't know about Reki and Langa, but Kaoru is in the hospital right now. 

"Then, where are we?" I ask with curiosity. 

"At Joe's," Miya says, sitting beside me. I looked at Joe and Sasha and smirked. Joe looked confused but Sasha got the hint and pouted with a blush. 

"I will literally kill the shit out of you," Sasha says. I started to laugh. 

"Anyways, can we go to the hospital, I really need to see Kaoru," I say with a serious face. All of them nodded. I quickly brushed my teeth and grabbed a bowl of fruits that Joe sliced for me. As we went got in the car, I apologized to Miya for my behavior yesterday. I told him how I showed my anger to them and I was deeply sorry. 

"It's fine. Females are pretty emotional, even if they were a robot," Miya shrugs. 

"Now, that's a bit sexist there. You should see emotional Joe can be," Sasha laughs. 

"Hey, we don't talk about that day," Joe says, blushing. 

"I'm intrigued," I say, stuffing my face with berries. Sasha started telling many hilarious stories she has experienced with Joe. That's when I had it confirmed, Sasha and Joe are literally meant to be. I started laughing at many of the stories she told, while Miya kept roasting Joe. 

"Would all shush about me...we are at the hospital!" Joe says, blushing hard with embarrassment.  We got out of the car and I raced inside. 

"Would you all hurry up?" I ask with so much energy in me. 

"Gee, we are coming," Sasha says, rolling her eyes. Joe went to the counter and told them who we were there for. 

"Let's go. We got to go to floor 2, and room 213," Joe informs us. We went up the stairs and I started walking when we got to the second floor. I stared at each number on the door till I reached room 213. 

"Can I just go in?" I ask them. 

"I think the doctor is in there, right now. Let's wait until they are out," Joe says. I nod and sat down with Miya. I started to bite my nails and shake my leg impatiently. 

"Chill, he is fine," Miya says. I nod again and sigh.  Soon, a female doctor walked out and looked startled to see us.

"Oh, does Mr. Sakurayashiki have some visitors?" The doctor asks cheerfully. I jumped out of my chair and bowed. 

"May I please go see him?" I pleaded with her. She chuckles and nods. 

"But only one person at a time. Mr. Sakurayashiki is a bit tired right now. We don't want to overwhelm him, do we?" The doctor asks. I race into Kaoru's room and saw him lying down. His head was wrapped with an elastic band aid and with his eyes closed. I walked towards him and sat next to him. I sighed as I held onto his hand tightly. I knew he couldn't hear me, but I just felt like I needed to let out a few things.

"Kaoru, gomen. Gomen, for how I acted yesterday. I was just really pissed off with Langa that I just showed my anger to you and Miya. I know you don't pity me and just care for me, you only care about my health," I took a deep breath, trying to hold in my tears, and sighed again.