Chapter 18

"Girl, you're not focused on the show. I know there's something in your head, so spit it out!" She says. 

"Well, I think I figured out about why I don't want to date Kaoru yet," I mutter. 

"I told you not to overthink it, but what it is?" Sasha asks in curiosity. 

"I'm not ready," I say. 

"Ready for what?" Sasha asked as she moved closer to me.

"I don't want to forget my dad that quickly. For you it might sound cheesy, but," I say. 

"It's so hard to understand you when you have no feeling in your words," Sasha whines. 

"What I mean is...when a guy comes into my life, I just don't want to forget my father and move in. You should know he is a special part of my life," I say, shrugging. 

"I kind of get what you are saying. Bro, you love your father more than anything. It is impossible to forget him. Trust me, no daughter would forget their father's death," Sasha says. 

"But, I'm starting to feel better! Isn't that a sign that I am forgetting him?!" I ask her as I tilt my head. 

"No, it's not. This is showing that you are accepting your father's death. There is a big difference between accepting something and forgetting something. At first, you couldn't hold that your dad died. But now, you're starting to accept that he is dead and he isn't alive anymore," Sasha says, rubbing my back. 

"I see your point...," I mutter and I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket, it was Kaoru. 

"Kaoru, aren't you supposed to be in work?" I ask in Japanese. 

"I am at work. Anyways, are you feeling better?" He asks me in some panic. 

"Yeah, is that why you called?" I ask. 

"Well, it's not only that. Miya's school called about some fight that occurred there. That kid caused some trouble. Can you go check what transpired?" Kaoru asks me. 

"Yeah, I'll go ahead. You focus on your work," I say and stand up. 

"Something wrong?" Sasha asks in English. 

"The kid caused some trouble at school apparently. I gotta go see what happened. Sorry...," I say, putting my phone away and doing my hair. 

"I'll wait here, call me if you need anything," Sasha says, lying on her back. I rushed out the doors as I put my shoes on and ran to Miya's school since it was close by. I went into the principal's office. 

"Are you Miya's guardian? I heard about the new changes in his life," the principal asks seriously. 

"Yes, sir, I'm his mother. So, what must be the problem?" I ask in Japanese again. 

"Let your son tell you what happened," Principal says, glaring at Miya. 

"It's not fair why I got in trouble. There was this new girl named Kiachi and there were these boys bullying her, saying that she couldn't skateboard. So, I walked up and asked why she couldn't and they said because she was a girl. I tried telling them that girls can skateboard too, but that kid just punched me in the face for no literal reason and started attacking me. I tried using self-defense to save myself and he got hurt too. How does this get me in trouble?!" Miya explains to me. 

"Well, where is the kids' parent?" I ask, staring at the kid who hurt Miya. 

"I'm his father," the principal says. 

"Ah, I see how it is. You little rascal took your principal daddy as an advantage and did whatever you want cause you think you rule this school, huh?" I ask, going to that kid. 

"My son isn't wrong about a girl skateboarding. They should stick with what they are meant for," the principal said. He ticked me off to another level and I ended up slapping him on the face. 

"Grow up, sir. This is 2022. Girls have the same rights as men and there is nothing you can do about it," I say, turning around. 

"Hey don't talk to my dad like that! You stupid robot girl! You can't even talk like a normal human, so you don't have the right to be one!" The kid comes in front and pushes me to the ground. 

"I guess your blindness couldn't tell if she is human. Well, let me tell you, she is way better than your idiotic dad. I bet my mom can beat your dad in anything!" Miya says. He called me mom?! 

"Your son is expelled from this school!" The principal says at last. 

"It's not like I want to send Miya to a shitty school like this. Miya, let's go," I say, as we leave the room. As soon as we left, I stuck my middle finger into his office room. Then, I checked my phone, seeing that Sasha left the house. Miya and I left home and I went to the kitchen to make supper. Miya came up to me as he stared at the ground pouting. 

"What's up?" I asked in Japanese as I kept cooking. 

"Aren't you going to ground me? I humiliated you and I got kicked out of a school," Miya mutters. I offed the stove and bent down to Miya. 

"Kid, why would I ground you for something that wasn't even your fault? That kid charged at you so you protected yourself so you wouldn't get hurt anymore," I say simply. "Besides, I'm proud you stood up for a girl's right. That doesn't humiliate me, it makes me just grateful for having a son like you. "

"It's weird when you say cheesy things in a robotic voice. But, like it's going to be even weirder if you get your normal self back. I'm going to have to get used to it," Miya chuckles and I ruffle his hair, then the bell rings. 

"I think that's your dad, why don't you welcome him home," I say, going back to my cooking. When he opened the door, I heard Kaoru yelling until Miya told him the whole story. Kaoru softened up, came to the kitchen, and hugged me from the back.