Chapter 16

I slowly closed my eyes as I leaned on to Kaoru. I had to admit; I did miss being this close to him. It was hard doing when Miya was around. Kaoru smiled as he puts his hands around me and chuckled. We stayed like that for a few minutes and then he held on to my chin. 

"Mmmm? Something wrong?" I ask him and he smiles and kept gazing into my eyes. I froze in confusion until his lips came closer and closer..............

BZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I quickly turned away hiding my face and took my phone. 

"Hm?" I say into my phone. I turned around to see Kaoru punching the bed. 

"I swear to god!" He says under his breath. I rubbed his back quietly and went back to the call. 

"Is this Carla Hasegawa?" The speaker says in English.

"Yes, may I know who you must be?" I say into the phone in English. 

"We are calling to ask if you are willing to stay in Japan for how long? We are calling from...," I nod as I spoke and Kaoru leaned in. 

"Did you speak with my mother?" I ask them. 

"Well, it's on your control since your mother has set this on you when you moved to Japan," they say. 

"I see, well...I think we are going to live here but come to the United States or Canada for visiting...according to my mother," I say. 

"Well...you need to come here and fill out some forms on selling your house, and other things that you just left over here in Canada," The person says as I nod. 

"When can I book an appointment to do this?" I ask.

"We were thinking of booking you a ticket on next Sunday night and you will come back on Friday morning...if you are okay, we can start the booking and you can do your payment," They say. 

"Alright, then...here's my card number," I say as they tell me how much the payment is. I turned to see Kaoru with his jaw dropped. When the payment was done, I cut the phone and stared at him. 

"What's wrong?" I ask him. 

"You're leaving me!" Kaoru mutters. 

"It's only for like 3-4ish days," I say, shrugging. 

"I can't take care of Miya while you're gone!" Kaoru says, pouting. 

"He's your son now, so I say you treat him like one. I feel like you and him could bond more, when I am gone," I say, standing up. Kaoru kept pouting. 

"Stop pouting, I still have one week left and I promise to call you every day," I say. 

"Don't cheat on me," Kaoru says. 

"First of all, we aren't dating. Second of all, I don't think I will find anyone like you there," I say straightforwardly. 

"We are rudimentally husband and wife since we both are the parents of Miya," Kaoru points out. I knew he won on that one so I just changed the topic. 

"Are you going to cuddle me or just keep arguing about if we are a couple or not?" I ask, putting my hands out. Kaoru laughs and puts his hands around my waist and pulls me onto the bed. 

Kaoru began to kiss my neck as I pushed slowly down to his chest and laid down, hearing his heartbeat. I slowly closed my eyes as I tried to match my breathing with his heart. Kaoru smiled as he rubbed my back slowly and closed his eyes too. 

"Carla, off the lights," He said out loud as his little robot offed the light. I felt my body relax onto his body as he kept rubbing my back. 

"I wonder what friends act like us," Kaoru teases. 

"We aren't friends," I mutter.

"So are we a couple?" Kaoru asks. 

"We aren't that too! We are just in the middle," I say softly, and Kaoru giggles. 

"Carla, your adorable," Kaoru says. 

"Why thank you!" the robot answers as it lights up. There was silence and I looked up at Kaoru as he began to laugh. 

"That compliment was for me, right?" I ask. 

"Of course, love!" Kaoru says, laughing really hard. 

"Mmmmm," I say as I wrap my hands around Kaoru, and bury my face into his chest. 

"Say, Carla...I'm sure you have or had a dream job, but now you're working with me..., what was your dream job?" He asks as he starts to rub my back. I stayed quiet and I began speaking. 

"I wanted to become a professional snowboarder. I got my scholarship and went there for a couple of years...till my dad died. I stopped since whenever I touched a board, I remembered him. I guess dreams don't last forever," I say. 

"I see...," Kaoru says softly. I kept on talking. 

"I remember, I had this feeling whenever I board...like I was a chicken flying...," I say softly. 

"My profound appreciation, chickens don't fly," Kaoru chuckles. I felt myself getting red in embarrassment. 

"Whatever," I mutter under my breath. 

"I mean, if you ever want to skate again...you should genuinely endeavor skateboarding like your brother," Kaoru says, becoming serious. I did skateboard before...with Aino but, I don't think I want to anymore. 

"Good night, Kaoru," I say and close my eyes. 

"I feel like you're against skateboarding but dote it for no literal reason again," Kaoru says as he kisses my head. 

"You'll find out soon why," I mutter and move to the other side. As I turn the other way, Kaoru pulls me closer and puts his hands around me. I turned over to face him and buried my face into his neck as I felt his breath on my neck. His warm breaths slowly made me sleepier and made me yawn.

"I promise, I will endeavor my best for your dreams to come veritable and your bliss," Kaoru says at last and rub my back. I felt my eyes filling up with tears as he said those words. Those were the same words my father said when I lost my first skateboard tournament...

A/N: I AMM SOOOOO SORRY I TOOK THIS LONG!!! I got so fucking lazy! I promise I will try to write more :(