Chapter 52

For the past months, life has been great. I got a job at the new clothing store nearby. I was designing many clothes and it went great. The only problems I had were short which was due to my pregnancy. My pregnancy cravings, my pregnancy sensitivity, and....my pregnant body. Yes, it made me insecure, but if I told anyone, I ended up sticking them off. 

Tuesday, October 7th, 11 am. 

"I literally cannot wait to get out of my wheelchair tomorrow," Kaoru says as he sits on the sofa. 

"Me too, I can't wait till you take me on a real date," I say teasingly. "I wonder what I could wear...none of my cute clothes fit anymore."

"Are you repining about your weight and belly. I could call Sasha again," Kaoru says, pouting at me. 

"Oh, god. She will kill the shit out of me," I say, bringing Kaoru a cup of water and sitting next to him. 

"Precisely," Kaoru says, taking a sip. "Anyways, where would you wanna go if I were to get discharged."

"Anywhere romantic," I say, kissing his forehead. I hugged his arm and rested my face on his shoulder. "Omg, we have so much to do when you get better. We need a party for a baby reveal, Sasha's birthday is coming up, my dad's death day." 

"Verbalizing about the baby, has the baby kicked yet?" Kaoru asks me. The smile on my face disappeared and I looked at Kaoru seriously. 

"No, I'm actually starting to get scared that the baby is-," Kaoru put his hands on my mouth.

"I don't optate to aurally perceive it, don't verbalize the word! You should genuinely get it checked, love," Kaoru says. 

"Yeah, I should. How about I go now? I have nothing to do anyways. You know, the sooner the better. We will forget to do it soon,"  I say. He nods and I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before changing and going to the hospital. 

As I walked I was scrolling through my phone. The hospital wasn't that far, so I didn't really need a ride. When I arrived I told the front lady why I was there. She told me to wait for twenty minutes. I sat down on the chair and began scrolling through Sasha's Instagram to see her recent post. She and Joe went on their 8th date together. How cute, but makes me jealous A LOT. Soon, a man sat next to me. He seemed to be in his 50s or 60s and looked at me. 

"You don't mind if I sit here right?" He asks me.

"Oh, no! Be my guest!" I say, smiling at the man. He returns the smile and sits right next to me. He had pink hair that faded to grey and green eyes. 

"So, what must you be here for?" The man asks me. 

"Oh, just to check up on my pregnancy," I say, rubbing my stomach. 

"Ah, I see," He says, smiling at me. "Congratulations!"

"Thank you!" I say. "May I ask why you are here?"

"Yeah, I came here for a small check up. Well, I am getting pretty old and I have had asthma for a while. It is getting worse, so I get checked up at least every month. I just recently came to this state, because I want to see my son," The man tells me. 

"Aw, that's sweet!" I say, smiling eagerly. 

"Yeah, me and my husband came. He is at home right now, but after this check we are going to see him. It's actually been 6 years since we talked," He sighs. 

"Oh, is something wrong?" I ask. 

"We got into a fight 6 years ago for such a little thing and neither of us called each other, and we just kept it that way for some reason," He explains to me. "That was a mistake, because I realize how much I missed my son."

"I'm sure you're son feels the same, and will definitely be happy to see you and his other father," I say warmly. I felt really bad for that man. I knew how it felt to feel distant away from someone. 

"I hope so too. You are such a sweet woman. I think my son should be around your age too!" The man says. 

"Well, if I were him, I would be really happy to see my dad. You see...I lost my dad like 2 years ago. If I had a chance to speak to him again, I would take it. It would be the same for your son, sir," I say. 

"Gomen," He says, looking pitiful at me. 

"Well, I kind of got over it now," I say, looking away. Soon, I got called in and I said my goodbyes to the man. He was a really kind guy. Then, I went to the doctor and told her about the problem I was having. She took some scans and looked at them and did some other stuff. 

"Shouldn't the baby have kicked by now?" I ask. 

"Well, from what we did, your baby is still alive, miss. You have nothing to worry about. They are just a late bloomer," She tells me with a smile. I just felt like 2 tons of rocks just disappeared from my shoulder. 

"I am really glad. Arigato, doc!" I tell her and I went outside. When I looked at the chairs, the man wasn't there. I shrugged it off and went back home to tell Kaoru the great news. Time really went fast and it was already 2 pm. When I reached home, I smelled something delicious coming from the kitchen. I walked in to see Kaoru trying to cook. 

"My, oh my! What in the world is happening here, how are you standing!" I ask with a soft chuckle. Kaoru dropped his spatula in surprise and hugged me. 

"So, how is our baby?" He asks me. "For your information, I can stand and ambulate. I just have a diminutive arduous time running or going expeditious."

"They are just a late bloomer," I say, smiling at him. He sighed in relief and began cooking.

"You don't ken how hella ecstatic I am!" Kaoru says. I smiled as Kaoru kept mixing. I put my hands around his stomach and leaned onto him.