Chapter 40

"Ahh, I should have known," I say, realizing all the signs Kanao has given. She always talked about Langa with me and she always looked at Langa differently. "I was told that Reki will be in the race. I would have been in the race but, as usual, Adam thought of an excuse."

"Yeah, did Miya tell you?" Langa asks and I nod to his question. "Anyways, how's Cherry?"

"He's doing better...he is still a bit bad. I'm hoping he gets better soon," I say. 

"Yeah, cause she finally wants him to take her on a date," Miya says, chuckling as he keeps playing in his Nintendo. I took a cushion and threw it on his face. 

"Shut up, Miya. No one asked you," I say, as my cheeks turn light pink. 

"I loved this type of neh-chan. I missed it so much,"  Langa says, laughing. 

"Me too, my face feels more flexible," I say, nodding to his statement. 

"So, are you staying for dinner?" Langa asks, looking away and rubbing his neck. 

"Well, we are staying for the night, well maybe until Kaoru gets better," I say, putting an arm around his neck. His face lit up and he grinned. "I'm bored, do you still have your board games?"

"Yeah! We could play Uno. I haven't played in so long," Langa says, running up the stairs.

"Uno? What does that mean?" Miya says, putting his Nintendo down. 

"It means one in Spanish. Wanna play?" I ask him. 

"If I must," Miya sighs and rolls his eyes. 

"No one's forcing you, cat boy," I say, putting my hands on my hips. 

"But like, the game would be boring without me and to save you guys from boredom, I will join," Miya says, putting his hands in his pockets. 

"Don't worry, Miya. They won't get bored, I will be playing to," mama says, coming into the room. He stares at us in surprise and with no other excuses. 

"Miya, if you want to play, just admit it. There is literally nothing embarrassing about it," I say, rolling my eyes and laughing. 

"Whatever," Miya says, and slides onto the carpet. "So, how do you play this Spanish Uno game?" 

"Well...," I explain to him the whole game and showed him the unique cards, and explained what each card meant. He was able to absorb the information. Langa soon came and we all started to play.  

We played for 2 hours straight. Not the same game, of course, we would have gotten bored. We played Clue, Monopoly, Kems, Spoons, and other games I haven't played in so long. After we were done, mama made some food, and we watched a movie. It's been so long since I have had so much fun with my family. It's like, nothing else is wrong in this family. Of course, if father were here, it would have been the best that has ever happened this year. 

As we watched the movie, Miya fell asleep on my lap. After a few minutes, Langa leaned onto me and fell asleep. Soon, I fell asleep with them. I don't know if mama fell asleep too, but that didn't matter to me. I'm glad that everything is slowly turning back to the way I wanted it to be. 

Next Morning

Like I do every day, I was woken up with my phone buzzing in my pocket. I slowly open my eyes and kept blinking, trying to get used to the morning sun.  When my eyes were comfortable, I felt Langa's leg on top of my head, Miya's pinkie finger in my mouth, Miya's head on my face, and Langa's head between my thighs. What in the world happened? I took Langa's foot off my head, Miya's pinkie out of my mouth, and took my phone out. I'm not surprised, it was Sasha texting me. 

Hyperass(Sasha's contact name)

Me: I knew it was you

Hyperass: Morning to you too!

Me: Help, Langa's leg was on top of my head, Miya's pinkie finger was in my mouth, Miya's head was on my face, and Langa's head was between my thighs.

Hyperass: HAHAHA! OMG, YOU WERE SPENDING TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY? THAT'S SO CUTE!

Me: Yeah! It was honestly rlly fun. I was gonna invite you but, you were probably too busy with your guy.

Hyperass: About that...

Me: Did something happen? If he got with another girl, I am totally kicking his ass. 

Hyperass: No, no! He asked me out yesterday and I obviously said yes.

Me: REALLY?! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! I swear, he will be way better than your other 2 exes. 

Me: Omg!! I feel more excited right now. Your news is literally my caffeine for the day. 

Hyperass: LMAO!!! SO WHAT ABOUT KAORU? DID HE MAKE A MOVE?

Me: He said he would take me on a date, but his legs aren't working right now. I'm pretty pissed about it. 

Hyperass: L! I guess you have to wait for a while.

Hyperass: Anyways, wanna come third wheel?

Me: Sure, it's not like I have anything better to do. When's the date anyways?

Hyperass: at 12:00 pm, at Joe's restaurant. 

Me: Alright, I'll be ready. Anyways, bye!

Hyperass: Byee

 I am so happy for Sasha right now, that I am probably more excited about her date than she is supposed to be. I moved Langa and Miya off me and got up. Their fingers started shaking, trying to find someone to hold and they held each other instead. 

I made my way upstairs to my old room. I bet I left some clothes here that I could wear. I looked through my closet and found some pieces of clothing which were perfect for third wheeling. I have third-wheeling all of Sasha's dates. I brushed my teeth and changed into my third-wheeling clothes:

Yeah, it's perfect and it's adorable! I braided my hair and was all set to go

Yeah, it's perfect and it's adorable! I braided my hair and was all set to go. I got downstairs and took two oranges and began peeling and eating them.