Chapter 38

I chuckle at his statement and nod. We went out of the hospital and Miya passed me his skateboard.

"Do you carry this wherever you go?" I ask him as I place the skateboard down on the road.

"Hey, you never know when you need transportation," Miya says, shrugging. I smiled at him and rubbed his head, messing up his hair. "What?"

"I'm just glad you're getting close and open with me. I remember the first time you met me. You acted like you were too cool for me," I say, laughing.

"W-Who said, that changed? I'm not a mommy's boy," Miya says, blushing in embarrassment. "Don't be cheesy with me!"

"It's like how you like pissing people off. I like to piss you off and that would probably start with embarrassing you," I say, shrugging.

"Hell Nah!!! You know what, l-lets just go to grandma's house," Miya says, looking away with a pout. I giggle and got on the board. Miya got on the back and held on to my waist tightly.

"Watch it! Don't hold onto my hips too tight! Remember what happened at the skating rally," I say, starting to skate.

"Do you just faint when someone presses wherever Adam pressed?" Miya asks in curiosity.

"Hey, every person has a weakness, whether it is mental or physical. In my case, mine is physical," I explain as I speed up.

"Pfft, I have no weaknesses," Miya says, rolling his eyes. "You're just lame."

"Weaknesses can change sometimes and I know who your weakness is," I say teasingly. "The girl in your school, I forgot her name."

"S-She has nothing to do with it," Miya says, blushing really hard.

"Yeah, sure. Sasha has told me everything about the two of you. I heard how soft you are near here and yet when you're with us, you're a whole different person," I say. "I mean it is a childhood crush so I don't know if it will last. It will probably last as long as you have a crush on her."

"I don't have a crush on her!" Miya whines.

Whatever you say, lover boy," I say, teasingly.

"Fuck you, mom," Miya says.

"You're lucky I'm letting that slide. You wouldn't have survived in any other Asian household," I say, glaring at him.

"But you're not any other Asian household, so can I say it," He asks me.

"I don't mind you saying it, but your father will literally kill you," I say.

"Yeah, I would rather not say it. I don't want to hear another lecture from him," Miya sighs. I started to laugh and soon we arrived at my mother's place. We got off and I handed Miya his skateboard and we knocked on the door. I took deep breaths and Miya looked at me like I was being weird.

"What?" I ask.

"Are you scared?" Miya asks me.

"No!" I say, laughing. "If your grandma sees me like...me! Then, she would squeeze the shit out of me," I say. Miya chuckles and I knock on the door again.

"Comming!" I hear my mother's voice trail to the door. She opens the door and as soon as she saw me, she dropped the plates she was holding.

"Mama, surprise!" I say, holding my hands out for her to come hug me. She wrapped her hands around me, crying while I tried to breathe.

"Ma, I-I can't breathe," I say in a squeaky voice. My mama let go off me and she started grin in happiness.

"H-How?" She asks me.

"I will tell you everything that happened, but first, can you let me in the house?" I ask her. She let us in and Miya sat on the couch, playing on his Nintendo. I explained everything that happened yesterday including the Reki and Langa things. My mama was my therapist since I was born, so I usually never hid anything from her, because she always knew what to say, when I needed help.

"My oh my," Mama says. "Is that why your brother has been miserable." I nod at her statement and sighed.

"You do know there is wrong in you too, right?" Mama asks.

"Yes, mama. He wasn't wrong about me not spending time with him. I was too focused on other things I forgot about the people who I was raised with," I say, looking down. "Do you know where Langa is?"

"He didn't tell me where he was going, but I'm sure he will be back in like five minutes or so," Mama says.

"Hey, mama. The skating race is still on, but you got disqualified," Miya tells me.

"How come?" I ask.

"Adam claimed you came in the middle and you passed out and Sasha pulled you to pass the line, or else he would have won," Miya says, rolling his eyes.

"I never really cared about those races anyways, so I don't mind," I say.

"You will, soon...," Miya says, gulping. I looked over at him, confused.

"Elaborate," I say.

"Shadow got into a fight and wounded really bad and he was replaced by Reki," He says.

"There is a lot of chance that Reki and Langa will be chosen to verse Adam," Miya says.

"Adam is your ex dude, right?" My mother asks me and I nod at her question.

"Well, I have a week. I'm not really worried about Langa because, I am starting to have hope in him. Langa is pretty great. I need Reki to get ready and I will have to make him get stronger," I say. "Wanna help?"

"Sure, I mean, I want to see Adam loose again anyways," Miya says.

"I don't know if we can make him get ready that he beats Adam, but we can get him ready to survive Adam," I say.

"Wow, here I was thinking we would be all fresh when we move here. There is more drama here than there was in Canada and LA combined," My mama says, laughing. "Well, while you try to solve that, I'm going to plan your wedding"