Chapter 37

" I really thought you were just doing this for pity since many people have told me that (referring to the girl who insulted her at Florent's wedding.) I realized, that you just care, like how I care for you, Miya, Langa, and everyone. I've been really stupid lately and only focusing on me....I-I'm...sorry," I say at the end. My eyes started to fill with water. "Kaoru?"

Kaoru stayed still on the bed with his eyes closed. I wiped my tears and kept holding on to his hand. 5 minutes later, I got up to leave and felt a grip on my hand.

"Hm?" I turn around, but before I could react, I was pulled onto the bed, and on top of Kaoru. 

"Apology accepted," I heard Kaoru's voice say. I stared down at Kaoru as he had his eyes open with a  warm smile on his face. I dropped down as my body clashed with his and started to cry out hard. 

"You baka! You don't know how scared I was! I hate you so much!" I yell out while I cried. Kaoru kept smiling as he rubbed his back. 

"Look on the refulgent side, we both are okay," Kaoru whispers in my ear. I stayed quiet and buried my face into his shoulder. 

"I aroused last night, but Miya told me what transpired in the race last night. You authentically needed me to get hurt for you to become emotionful?" Kaoru asks me. I kept quiet and hugged him tighter while ignoring him. 

"Don't you dare ever scare me like that!" I say, getting up. I caught Kaoru staring at my face with a hinder blush and smile. "What?"

"You culminated up the dream girl that was in my dream since high school," Kaoru says. My body began heating up and my face turn light pink. I quickly turned away with a pout and got off him. 

"You still don't know me fully!" I say, debating what he said. 

"Is that so?" Kaoru smirks. "Then, let me get acquainted with you more on a date?" My stomach began to swirl in excitement and my heart was beating faster than usual. 

"I guess you can," I say, rubbing the back of my neck and smiling at him. Kaoru saw my smile for the first time and pulled my hand, so I got closer to him. "H-Huh?"

"Do that again!" He says. 

"Do what again? Rubbing my neck?" I ask awkwardly with a chuckle. Kaoru pulls me even closer when he saw me chuckle. 

"Are you testing my inhibitions right now?" he asks me. 

"All I am doing is being the emotionful Carla," I say, ruffling his hair. 

"So, your not endeavoring to seduce me with your smiles?" He asks me. I got up and started to laugh as he watched me with pleasure. 

"I'm not seducing you!" I say, laughing. "Would you like me to seduce you?"

"Maybe when I get out of the wheelchair. I can't genuinely make my moves on you yet," Kaoru says, shrugging. 

"You have a wheelchair?" I ask in a whining way. 

"Affirmative, I know, love. Inculpate it on your ex. But I assure you, we will have a great time when I get out of my wheelchair," He says. 

"What about the date?" I ask, looking away with red cheeks. 

"Not patient for me, are we, love?" He asks me. I huff and turn away as he starts to laugh at me. "I promise it will be anon, okay?"

"Fine," I mumble. "Well, I should be heading anyways. I'm glad that your fine." I smile and come closer to Kaoru. 

"My soul wouldn't leave my body that expeditiously," Kaoru says. 

"I still don't get how you very playful with me, yet so mature with the others," I ask him. 

"As I verbalized, I don't do this. You can incriminate my heart," he says, putting his left hand around my waist.

"I know, it's the 'tale of the heart' but, does that mean my heart is the one that makes me get these weird feelings when I am around you?" I ask. 

"Are those good feelings or deplorable feelings?" Kaoru asks me. 

"Well, I don't know. I always want to cling to you, yet I always feel like I should get away from you. I always feel really warm on the inside, still I get goosebumps, an-," I looked down at Kaoru, staring at me with joy. 

"At this rate, we could just get espoused," Kaoru sighs.

"Kaoru!" I say, pouting with a blush. 

"Hey, that's what your heart is verbalizing and my heart accedes," Kaoru says, shrugging. 

"W-Well, I'm leaving! I have a child to raise and a brother to apologize to!" I say, getting up, but Kaoru pulls me back down to him. 

"After an osculation," Kaoru says. I grinned and leaned in for a kiss.

"Ma'am, visiting times are over," I got told and I quickly got up. I was flustered as hell. 

"Fuck you life," Kaoru mutters. I waved and walked out. Thank you for bringing us back to normal, but god! Please, let me have a romantic kissing scene. My life isn't a comedy about a girl who goes to get a kiss but fails every time. I am desperate for a kissing scene with Kaoru! Please!!! 

Outside of Kaoru's room, I saw Miya waiting for me alone. I assume Sasha and Joe left to go home. Well, while Kaoru is in the hospital I might as well spend the night with my mama and Langa. Over there, I can apologize to him. I doubt they know what happened yesterday anyways. 

"Hey, Miya! Wanna stay over at your uncle's and grandmas? I ask him. He jumped up and smiled. 

"Yeah! Staying and grandmas is pretty fun! Did you talk with papa?" He asks me. 

"Alright! Well, I don't have a car and money on me right now, so should we walk there?" I ask him. 

"Nah, you take me on my skateboard. You have some sweet moves I want to experience, let's go!" He says, getting up.