Chapter 3

"I'd like that. Don't expect me to be fun though," I said.

"You're fun even if you're like this," Cherry says, laughing. "Say, let's skateboard. I'll help you out." I didn't need his help since I knew how to skateboard. I didn't want to do it cause every board I get on reminds me of my father.  

"I think I'm fine. I'll watch you though," I said, looking down. 

"Come on! You'll cherish it," Cherry says, standing up and pulling me as I crash into his chest. 

"I assure you, I'll just watch," I mumbled softly as I saw girls staring. "There are many people staring. Don't you, feel that emotion...um, awkward or embarrassing?"

"No, I just want to hang out with you," Cherry says, holding on to my hips as his hands went around my hips. I felt my whole body feel warm. I remember this feeling when I had my emotions. It felt this with my ex...

"Alright, just this once though," I said. 

"Excellent! Don't worry, you won't get hurt," Cherry says, getting on his board. He held his hand out as he pulled me in front of him on his board. Then, he put his head near my ear as he whispered. "My genuine name is Kaoru." I felt more comfortable with Cherry as he was also my first friend, so I sighed and whispered back to him. 

"Carla...my name is Carla," I said, looking down. 

"Carla?!" He asks in surprise. 

"Yes, Master?" the board spoke. I looked down at the board and looked back up at Kaoru. 

"So, you're board is also named Carla?" I ask softly as I felt like something was going to explode on me. What was it called? Uh...LAUGHTER! But, I kept it in as I didn't want it to occur out of bloom. 

"What a crazy coincidence. Well, my board here is connected to my assistant, who avails me with calculations," Kaoru says as he holds me closer to him. "Ready?" 

"I guess," I mumbled softly. Kaoru and I were off as he pushed his leg on the ground. As we kept going, my eyes widened as I started to remember all the memories I have created in LA, when I used to skateboard too. When the air just kept slapping your face, the different tricks I did to show off. I felt free and I was able to skate anywhere.

I felt as Kaoru pulled me closer to his body and held on to my hip tighter as his head was on top of my head.  

"Enjoying?" Kaoru asks as I slowly nod my head. My lips slowly widened as my teeth showed. I felt a soft....smile on my face?! Was I starting to get my feelings back? Was I starting to be the real me?! 

Soon, we came back to where we started and I quickly hid my smile. I still don't know if I want to move on this quickly. 

"That was pretty fun!" Kaoru says, stopping his board. Then, he held on to my hand and got down with me.

"Arigato," I said, looking up at him while I bit my inner cheeks. 

"It's nothing," Kaoru says, pulling me closer to him. I saw all the boys and girls kept staring at us. I started to hear whispers like, "Cherry has a girl?" "They both have the looks!" "Aw, I wish Cherry did that with me!" 

"So, I was cogitating this as we were going on my skateboard...I have an offer for you," Kaoru says at last as he looked away with a blush. "I'm a calligrapher and my calligraphy has gotten immensely colossal over the past few months. I genuinely need an assistant to avail me around the house and all those assistant stuff, you ken?"

"I'm up for it!" I said without a second thought. 

"Wait, really?" Karou asks with a hinder blush. 

"I mean, we are friends and I'll be glad to be paid for helping out a friend," I said, looking deep into his eyes. 

"Great! Y-You can come over tomorrow. Here is my address!" Kaoru says, smiling hard as he handed his card. I looked at the address. Then, I took his hand and the pen and wrote my number on it. 

"You can call me whenever. I'll be glad to hear from you," I said, hiding my face with my hair as my face turned red. I sat back down on the rock, as Kaoru seats right next to me. Both our shoulders touched, while we kept talking. Time went by and I started feeling drowsy. Kaoru kept talking as I leaned my head on his shoulder. 

"What do you contemplate it? Carla?" I heard him say. The way he said didn't remind me of my father like when other people said my name. It just made me feel like butterflies were dancing in my stomach. It was a good feeling though...

"Mmmmm," I groan as I hugged Kaoru's hand and clung to him. I felt his body heating up as he ruffled my hair. I couldn't handle it, but got onto his lap, while I buried my face into his neck. Then, I put my legs around Kaoru's waist and my hands around his chest. "Gomen, your skin is really soft, I couldn't help myself."

Kaoru at first looked really surprised and then smiled while calming down. I felt his hands go around me while he started patting my back with one hand and rubbing with the other. 

"Rest up, I'll take you to my house instead," Kaoru chuckles. He stood up as he carried me to his car and buckled me up while I was asleep. Then, he put his board into the back and got in the car. Kaoru put one hand on my thigh as he started to drive his way to his house. 

"You genuinely are a handful, huh? Well, a charmingly resplendent one," Kaoru says with a soft laugh. "I haven't like this to a girl in a while. I conjecture you're the special one for me now."