Chapter 41

As I ate, I watched the time. I still had some time to spare, so I explored the house. I mean, it's been a while since I have been here. After finding nothing, I started to head out of the house. I skipped to Joe's restaurant and went in. It seemed like Sasha wasn't here yet, but Joe was. He was hella sweaty and I started to laugh. 

"I didn't expect you from all people to be nervous about a date," I say, walking in. 

"Oh, y-you must be here to third wheel?" Joe says, chuckling in nervousness. 

"Yep," I say, shooting a thumbs up. "What's wrong? I bet you've gone on many dates before." 

"I have, but those are usually only because a girl was pretty and I just enjoy flirting. But, that's not how I feel about Sasha. I like her for more than her looks an-," I didn't let Joe finish, I just flicked his forehead. 

"Don't get cheesy with me," I say, pouting. 

"M-My bad," Joe stutters. 

"Hmm...this isn't like you," I say, putting my fingers on my chin. "I think it's better if I don't come third wheeling. I will be a distraction for Sasha and I need you two to get romantic. 

"I-I don't mind if you come," Joe says. 

"You should mind, but don't show that," I say, crossing my arms.

"You're confusing," Joe says. 

"If you were a girl you would understand. Nevermind that! Where are you taking her?" I ask him. 

"I need help with that. I told Sasha if we could have the date a little late, so I could talk to you about it. I didn't call you because you seemed busy yesterday," Joe explains to me. 

"Alright," I say, taking a chair beside me and sitting down. 

"Start off with taking her on a picnic for lunch," I start off as Joe takes notes on his phone. "When will she be coming?"

"In like two hours," Joe says. 

"Is that enough time for you to make some food?" I ask. 

"Depends on what type of food," Joe says. 

"Make it a little simple. It is a picnic anyways. Appetizers, dessert, main course, drinks," I listed. "I can help you. I have many options of Sasha's favorite food you can pick from. But of course, you should add in your own favorites, because this date isn't just about Sasha," I say. 

"Okay, next?" Joe notes. 

"Take her to the amusement park! There's a carnival opening near Reki and Langa's school, take her there. I heard the carnival is mainly for romance," I say. 

"Alright," Joe says. 

"Lastly, take her to a fancy restaurant. Sasha isn't a picky eater but she would love some romantic food from a fancy restaurant," I say. 

"That's perfect! You're a life saver, C!" Joe says. 

"Carla is fine," I chuckle. "You're, welcome but remember; I may be a lifesaver in your life right now, but I will be the person who ends it, if you hurt Sasha." 

"Y-Yes ma'am! I am certain it won't happen!" Joe says with cold shivers. "Let's start cooking?" 

"Yessir!" I say, getting up. Joe and I went into the kitchen as I explain some food we can cook. It was funny how similar tastes in food Joe and Sasha had. They were very compatible. Joe and Sasha do make a very good couple. Joe is probably the only date that I actually like from all the dates Sasha had. Never liked any men she dated, apart from Joe right now. It really must be a change. 

Soon, we finished and I took the apron off and gave it Joe. 

"Good luck, you will do great!" I say, smiling at him. 

"Better than the other dates she has gone to?" Joe asks, looking down. 

"Honestly yes. I have never liked any of the boys Sasha dated. She would think they are so cool and hot while I think they are a complete red flag. But, Joe...you're different from that, I have high hopes for you," I say. Joe bends down and smiles as he leans closer to me and....

flicks my forehead!

"Look who's being cheesy now," Joe says, sticking his tongue out. I started to laugh. 

"Well, if your going to date my best friend, you better stop your flirting with other girls," I say, putting my hands on my hips. 

"Stopped that ever since you guys went to the USA!" Joe says, proudly. 

"Good, anyways best of luck! If Sasha asks about me, say that I did come, but I had an emergency with Kaoru!" I say, walking out. 

"Alright! Arigato Carla!" Joe says, smiling hard as I leave. If Sasha is having a date, then I want one too! Dates don't have to require your legs. I will just have my own romance with Kaoru in the hospital. Who said a girl can't plan a date? 

 I ran to the supermarket and bought some snacks that I like and so do Kaoru. Then, I bought a candle, candy, and sushi from this fancy sushi place. Luckily, it wasn't that costly even if it was fancy. That doesn't happen very often. I bought some champagne on my way. 

I dashed into the hospital and started to puff from how exhausted I was. I went up to Kaoru's room and Kaoru was startled. 

"Carla?" He asks in surprise.

"You, me, date right now!" I say, pouting. 

"H-How? I-I-," I cut him off. 

"I have it all planned. Now, get into your wheel chair and face the windows while I prepare everything," I say, crossing my arms. 

"Help, love?" He asks. I rolled my eyes and walked up to him and helped him up on his legs. Kaoru puts all his weight on me and both of us went crashing onto the ground. 

"If this is part of our date, I am indeed enjoying it," Kaoru says as he is on top of me. I pout harder as my face turns bright pink! 

"KAORU! I have better things planned for us!!" I say.