8: Strange Encounter

2023 AD

"That's it for the class," The professor said. "Where is Haeguk?" Jungkook asked, looking around the history class. "She didn't attend her previous classes too," Hyunjin said, packing up. Jungkook blinked when a girl approached him.

"Jungkook?" He sighed before forcing a smile at her. "Yes, Hyeri?" She grinned at him before giving him the papers. "These are the previous years' papers of History." He took it from her and bowed at her. "Thank you so much."

"Hey, you don't need to be so formal. It's alright." She said and Jungkook nodded in disinterest. "So I'll take my leave." He said, moving out, following his friends who glared at the girl talking to him but she didn't pay attention to them. 

"Wait!" She exclaimed, grabbing Jungkook's arm but he pulled it back from her grip. "What happened?" He asked, trying to remain calm but she pressed her body to him. He backed up and looked at her in irritation. She pouted and huffed in anger.

"Can you just take me to dinner as a favor for helping you?" She asked him desperately while he sighed. "Hyeri, I have a girlfriend."

"But you don't. Haeguk broke up with you and all of us know that." She protested and he scoffed, "Listen, it's up to me if I want to go out with someone. And I am sure, I do not want to go out with anyone other than Haeguk. If you are trying to seduce me using these mere history question papers then you are fucking ridiculous. Take them back." He said, keeping the papers on the desk and walking away. 

Hyeri yelled. "Jungkook! Jeon Jungkook!" But he didn't turn back. "Shit!" She murmured, turned to look at the papers, and bit her lips in frustration. She grabbed the papers from the desk and turned around but gasped seeing a taller male standing right in front of her. "What the fuck? Ah, you scared me."

The male smirked and moved aside to let her pass which she did eventually. "Lee Hyeri," she halted on her steps as the male rasped. She slowly turned around and passed him a confused look as the male smirked, taking his lower lip in between his teeth. "You like Jungkook?" Her eyes widened and she blinked at his question.

"What do you mean?" She asked and he chuckled darkly. "Oh, Satan. This is all so funny. The setup is the same. The writers of fate must have run out of ideas." He mumbled.

"What are you talking about?" She hissed and the laughter died down. He tilted his head and grinned, fixing his glasses, staring at the girl who shifted uncomfortably under his intimidating gaze. "I can help you get him. Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook." He stated.

"W-What?" She asked and he sighed, rolling his eyes and straightening up. "If you don't want then, it's alright." He said, walking away but she held his arm, stopping him. A smirk appeared on his face once again but she could not see it. 

"I- I need your help," she said and the male slowly turned back at her with a raised eyebrow. "What did you say? Speak clearly."

"I need your help to set me up with Jungkook," she said with a raised voice and his eyes darkened as his lips curved up in an evil simper. "Sure, Lee Hyeri. You just need to follow my plan."

----------------------

Jungkook was walking through the street since he asked his father not to send for a car today. He was walking when a man suddenly opened the door of his shop and threw water from his bucket, drenching Jungkook's clothes. "What the-" He shrieked and the taller man gasped in shock.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I-I didn't see you coming there!" He exclaimed in his honey voice. Jungkook looked at him in irritation before rubbing his clothes when the taller man bit his lips in frustration. "Erm. . . this is my little shop. Come inside and we can help you get something to wear."

"It's alright. I'll just go back home," Jungkook said and started walking away when the man held his wrist. "You will catch a cold. Then what if I have to pay your hospital bills? It's more expensive than clothes these days." The man said and pulled him inside the shop, ignoring his refusal.

Jungkook entered the shop and looked around at the different antiques arranged on different shelves. The man smiled at him, "By the way, my name is Seokjin. You can call me Jin." Jungkook sighed. "Just get me a towel."

Jin nodded and went inside the room as Jungkook spotted a small couch across the room. He walked over there and was about to take a seat when his eyes fell upon a painting. The painting looked familiar. He couldn't see it properly since it was rolled up so he tilted his head to try peeking at it but Jin interrupted him.

"Here you go," he said and passed him a huge lump of clothes which he took in discomfort. "What is this?" Jungkook asked Jin and he scratched his head nervously. "Hanbok?"

Jungkook unwrapped the huge cloth and his eyes fell upon the emerald blue hanbok with dark blue borders on the hem. "How do you expect me to wear this in the middle of the city?" Jungkook asked, shutting his eyes in frustration.

"Hey, are you disrespecting the holy hanbok? It's your culture." Jin scolded Jungkook and he sighed. "Where is the changing room?" He asked and Jin frowned. "Just change it here."

"Where the hell is changing room?" Jungkook growled and Jin shuddered under his tone. He pointed out across the door from where he came from and Jungkook heeled towards it in rage, holding the hanbok in his hand. Jin watched him enter the room and slam the door harshly in his face. Jin flinched because of the noise and shook his head as he mumbled,

"The kids these days are so disrespectful. Holy God, forgive them for their sins."

*****************

This book or story isn't inspired by any anime or drama

This book or story isn't inspired by any anime or drama. This is just happening. I'm going with the flow of my brain like I do with my other stories.