Chapter 28

Chapter 28

    The sweetness of jujube paste mixed with brown sugar maximizes the softness of the cake, spreading from the tip of the tongue to the whole body.

    Ling Yue couldn't remember how long he hadn't tasted the taste. The chestnut cake brought by Shen Wei last time he tasted a little sweet, and Fang Yuheng bought it for him several times, but no matter how hard he tried, it was useless.

    Later he brought her back home and watched her try the meal. Although she had a little appetite, it still tasted the same.

    Just when he had given up and thought it was a coincidence, he tasted it again.

    He paused to savor it carefully, and he was sure that it was not a fleeting illusion, but a real sweetness.

    Even if it was a sweet and greasy taste that he disliked very much in the past, he can't hate it now.

    Before he could sweeten up again, the lips and teeth were empty, the little girl in front of him was like a frightened deer, jumping away from him, with her hands behind her back, as if she would run away as soon as he moved.

    Shen Wei was extremely desperate in her heart, probably all the embarrassing things in her life would be done in front of Ling Yue, and she didn't want to do anything now, she just wanted to leave quickly.

    "My lord, this dumpling is also delicious. There are many kinds of fillings. You can try all of them. I'll deliver everything..." She was about to say

    goodbye in the next sentence, but before she finished speaking, Ling Yue imitated Looking at her appearance, he slowly picked up a dumpling and slowly put it into his mouth.

    One bite, the juice bursts.

    He doesn't eat well and elegantly, but there is a sense of laxity and dignity in the flowing water, and the feeling of eating the dragon liver and phoenix marrow of the dumplings, which makes people can't help but be attracted.

    Then he paused his movements slightly, frowned and spat out a hard piece of copper money from his mouth.

    The clear sound of the copper coins falling on the table brought Shen Hua's voice to an abrupt end.

    The eyes of the two met, and Shen Wei could see the sullen look in his eyes, and explained before he could get angry: "My lord, this is a folk custom. Auspicious money is wrapped in the dumplings on New Year's Eve. In the coming year with dumplings, everything will come true.”

    Ling Yue naturally knew this custom, in previous years in the military camp, the cooks would cook hot dumplings and distribute them to each soldier, with copper coins wrapped inside.

    It's just that he has never participated in such seemingly stupid prayers. He has never believed in gods, Buddhas or destiny in his life, especially on the battlefield. He only believes in himself and the sword in his hand.

    But this time, he looked at the copper coins wrapped with red strings on the table, and the sincere little girl on the opposite side, biting those words carefully with the tip of her tongue against her teeth.

    All wishes come true, everything goes well.

    It doesn't sound too stupid.

    Seeing that he didn't look angry, Shen Wei breathed a sigh of relief, and wanted to say goodbye again, so she heard Ling Yuetu say: "You really don't recognize the little eunuch from that day?" Hearing that it was related to her falling into the water,

    she The heart to go suddenly put away again.

    In the past few days, she was confined on the couch to recuperate, thinking about these things all the time, but Xichun Garden was closed, even if her father wanted to inquire about the news, he couldn't stretch his hand so far.