Chapter 97

Graces POV

Jaces puts me down when we reach the living area and I can't help but grin. This house is amazing. I can see our children growing up here. I can see us being safe. Our fortress. I'm aware we will share this house with probably 10 grown men at a time but I don't care.
"I can't believe this is ours."
"Well you should because it is." Jaces says back. I walk into the kitchen and admire the granite.
"We need some cooking books...and a kitchen aide so I can bake on Sundays."
"Just Sundays?"
"Yep." I grin. Jace walks over to me and wraps his arms around me.
"I'm so happy with our life Jace. It's complicated, Messy but so full of love. You are everything to me." I whisper to him and he kisses my head I snuggle myself into his chest. I genuinely feel like sometimes I've won the lottery, then the reminder that Jaces occupation relies on murder and drug trade, but there's also Atlas and his other companies. Our baby which is everything to both of us, now our perfect home. I could pinch myself. I hate the fact that in my head I have the feeling somethings going to come crashing down any second. My thoughts are disrupted when Jaces mums car parks on the drive I look at him.
"I thought you said lunchtime?"
"She did say lunchtime." We both laugh and Jace pulls me into his embrace again. He walks me to the door with his arm wrapped around my waist. Jace opens the door for his mother before she even rings the bell.
"Happy house warming!!" She cheers and I can't help but smile. She passes me some beautiful flowers and gives Jace a gift box.
"Hi mum, come to the kitchen." Jace leads the way and I put the flowers on the counter.
"Thank you for the flowers they are beautiful."
"That's okay I'm glad you like them! Open the box please please!" She claps her hands together and I look at Jace who rolls his eyes and pulls the silk ribbons so the box opens. Inside is a beautiful crystal vase with Jace and Is wedding date engraved. I pull it out and underneath is a small yellow blanket, a baby blanket and I can't help but feel both happy and worried at the same time.
"I knitted it myself in just a few days! My hands have blisters."
"It's lovely thanks mum." Jace interjects, I'm sure he feels the worry I do because he wraps his arms around me and squeezes.
"Yes thank you." I add in and she smiles.
"I can't tell you how excited I am for the both of you. I know it's early days but I'm just sure it'll be fine." I wish I shared her enthusiasm, the closer I get to 12 weeks the more apprehensive I become. I feel like it might swallow me up at this rate.
"So what can I do to help?" Me and Jace look at each other.
"There isn't a lot to do mum. The boys are bringing our clothes and stuff from the old place and we bought it fully furnished."
"I see, well why don't I make some lunch? Grace why don't we go get some food from the store and we can cook."
"Why can't I come?" Jace pipes up. I am enjoying this family dynamic.
"I assumed you wouldn't want to." Jaces mum replies
"Well I'm coming." He replies
"Why don't you two to, and I'll get things set up how I'd like them here?" I offer Jace turns me around and looks at me.
"Are you sure? I know how you love a shopping trip." I nod and smile.
"Yeah there's a few things I'd like to do. Plus I'm assuming that everyone will deliver clothes at some point so someone should be in?" Truth be told I just want to explore my new house. I'm also feeling quite sick today so think it's best to stay by the house. Jace looks at me concerned.
"I'll be fine it's just an hour Jace." I smile and he nods.
"Fine but call me if you need anything." I nod and he kisses my cheek.
"I love you." He whispers into my ear. His mum and him leave and I walk to the living room and slouch on a sofa. I look around and can't help but smile. This house is so beautiful. When we looked at it we didn't look at all the rooms so I intend to go have an explore of the upstairs. I walk back to the kitchen and try find a glass for some water. I'm about three cupboards in when I find one, I'm not short but the cupboard are high and I accidentally swipe one off the top and it smashes on the granite worktop.
"Shit." I mumble and try sweep the glass off with my hand. It slices my palm open and I roll my eyes. I leave the bloody glass on the side and run my hand under the tap. It doesn't look like there's any glass in there it's just bleeding a lot. I look through the cabinets for a first aid kit but have no luck. This is bad, it's quite wide it might need stitches it's bleeding so much I decide to check the bathrooms for a first aid kit. I leave a trail of blood on my way, that's going to be annoying to clean. I check the downstairs bathroom and am relieved when I see some bandages. I wrap it around my hand and sink against the cabinet. This is very annoying. I now need to clean my perfectly clean house. I stand up and leave the bathroom, on my return to the kitchen I notice a range rover coming up the drive. I assume it's the clothes and other bits from the apartment and old house. I quickly run to the kitchen and pour myself a water like I intended to do and have a quick sip. I return to the door and open it for the clothes to be put inside. When i open the door I'm surprised I don't recognise this person.
"Grace?"
"Um..yes?"
He lunges for me and I jump back and try and slam the door on him. Who is this? They're a lot stronger than me and I look for my nearest exit, I have no idea where to go in this house. I decide to run upstairs and aim for a bathroom. Jace will be home soon enough I just need to hold them off. I let go of the door and go to sprint upstairs, they grab my arm and I fall to the floor, I'm trying to crawl away but they're a lot stronger than me. I kick hoping it'll free me. It does and I run up the stairs and down the hallway looking for a bathroom. Where the fuck is the bathroom? I can hear there steps closing in on me and I head into a bedroom hoping for an en-suite. I'm sadly mistaken and cornered myself in this room. They open the door.
"Who are you?" I shout hoping to find out who this person is. He's walking over to me.
"What do you want?" I jump over the bed to put some space between us.
"I'm just a delivery service."
"For who?"
"You'll find out soon enough."
"Please don't hurt me."
"Then don't fight."
"I'm pregnant." He looks genuinely surprised.
"Then don't fight."
"What do you want from me?"
"I am just a delivery service."
"I'll go with you. Just please don't hurt me." I'm not sure what my plan is here. I don't even know him. He walks over to me with his hands up. I stand still I don't know what to do. His hand returns to his pocket and pulls out a tissue.
"Don't fight and I won't hurt you." I nod and he covers my face with the tissue. I feel dizzy and woozy and suddenly everything goes dark.