Chapter 38

JACES POV

I'm beginning to panic. If I shoot Grace and throw her in the water there is a good chance she won't survive. If Ahmid knows she's still alive he'd come for us. Shit. I'm going to have to shoot her. Make it look believable. I'm still at Graces height. She doesn't think I'll do it.
"Ahmid." Grace starts. He looks at her. "Mmm?" "I'm not baron, my eggs will give you children. Jace loves me, I can see it in his eyes. He's not going to kill me." "I'll reinforce the original deal then, with one slight alternative. Rather than taking your ability to have a child away. I'll significantly reduce the likelihood. One ovary Grace, I'll take one and it's eggs. But my boys still want a night with you." I can't let this happen. I can't stand the thought of them with Grace, I can't stand the thought of them taking my children. I have to do this "I don't love her. Would a lover do this." I cock my gun and raise it to Graces chest. I need to get this right. She has to look dead, I need enough time to get her to safety.

"Jace" ahmid starts and I turn to him. "Are you sure you want to do that? I heard you just spent a week of your life piling your own blood into her, an awfully loving thing to do to someone you don't love." I love this girl. So much. I'm not sure what I'd do if i heard these fucked up boys raped her. I know she'd let them. Would I love her still? Of course i fucking would. The guilt would kill me though.

I look at Grace, she's fixed on my eyes. Shes begging, begging me to allow her to take the deal. She doesn't need my permission she decides "I'll do it, let me do it." She begs Ahmid who walks over. "It's not down to you little girl." He looks at me. "Jace?" I drop the gun in my hand. I can't shoot her. If I missed I'd never forgive myself. "There we have it." Ahmid cackles. "You know Jace, love is going to be your end." He cocks a gun and points it at Grace I stand up "What the fuck?!" "See Jace I don't think you lied. I think you genuinely think she's baron, I think she just hasn't realised it." "She isn't, she is going to struggle; she has lost two. Her eggs are fine Ahmid!!" My rage is boiling in me. I bend down and pick my gun up I aim it Ahmid.
"Don't be stupid. They'll kill you both. Ade!!" Ahmid shouts at one of his sons.
"I fancy a game, I can see these deals are falling apart, he's never going to take one." "I take it" I choke out. "I take the fucking deal." Ahmid claps his hands and drops his gun to his side. A evil grin crossed his face. I look at Grace. She's relieved. Ahmid raises his gun again. This time he's pointing at me. I look at Grace who looks like she's going to be sick.
"Ahmid? What are you doing." I raise my gun in response. This is getting stupid and Im loosing my patience's if I kill him, could I kill his sons too? He drops his gun to my knee.
"I blame you Jace. You're the reason she's dead. I'm hoping, just a little bit. I'll be the reason she's dead." He points to Grace. He shoots his gun at my leg it's a flesh wound I think. Although it's bleeding a lot. Grace stands and tries to rush over to me she's crying. The three boys grab her and cover her mouth. "I'm going to let them fuck her now Jace. Right here infront if you. I'm hoping it repulses you. I'll come for her eggs when I'm ready. You won't be around. You'll have left her." I shake my head. "Never." I wish I could stand but my leg is numb. I glance to grace.

One of Amids sons is stuffing a black hanky in her mouth and covering it with duct tape. No. I can't let this happen. This isn't rape. This is torture not for me either. Grace is crying, I'm pretty sure she's screaming but it's so muffled. They drag her over to me. She's only a meter or two away from me. I can't move my leg is paralysed. I see why Ahmid shot me here. They're ripping her clothes off; or shall I say my clothes. My black T-shirt. They clock her wound. They all look at her and look to Ahmid who nods. They rip the bandage off. Grace gives out an even louder scream. I can't do this. I muster all my strength and find my gun. It's already cocked so they won't know. Who though, it's got to be Ahmid. I raise the gun and before I do another gun shot goes off in the distance i turn around. It's Chris. I'm so relieved. I see Ahmid drop to the floor. It's short lived when one of Ahmids boys pull a knife out their back. "Shoot again and I'll kill her." "No..you don't have to do this." I yell. Chris is running up the cave. He comes to me. "GET GRACE CHRIS." I yell. Ahmids son smirks and grabs Grace by her hair. She has nothing on her upper body. My baby. My chest is aching and suddenly i feel my leg I know I can move. Maybe it's the adrenaline. I stay still for now, Graces eyes are scrunched up so hard. She's not looking. He drops her to her knees and places the knife on her throat. He cuts it slightly allowing the blood to drip down. I know Grace can't afford to loose any. Chris pulls his gun onto him. Ahmids son smiles and pulls the knife further around her neck she's screaming now. I fire my gun.

He drops to the floor. My bullet has grazed Graces face I can see it. His brothers look at each other and pull their guns out. They fire them at us, Chris and I are quicker and we shoot them both dead on our first attempt. One of their bullets hit Chris in the shoulder.I race across to Grace. I scoop her into my Arms and gently peel off the duct tape. She's either in shock or unconscious I'm not sure which. She's shaking so hard. I check her neck. It's just cut, it's not deep.
"Help me." Chris shouts he's dragging the boys bodies to the water. "What are you going to do?" "There was some sharks off the edge of the cave!" My eyes widen. It's a good job I didn't throw Grace in the water then! I pick grace up in my arms and put my blazer on her. My legs killing me but she is in a really bad way. I put her down near me. I help Chris load the four bodies into the boat. Jesus Christ when did my life become so fucked.
As we come out the cave we drop the bodies to the shark pool. It doesn't take long for them to snap them up. Atleast there will be no questions asked. "The four of them were outsiders Jace. It's why the commissioner didn't push to have you moved. He didn't agree with what they were doing. We didn't know this. He called your father. You're free. You both are." "How can you be sure?" "They aren't in the cartel Jace." I shake my head. I put Grace into this situation for nothing. I look at Grace. She's still in the same state as she was in the cave. I go and sit by her smoothing her hair. "Grace? Grace? You're safe." Her eyes flutter open and see me. Rather than reaching for me she shouts "No...No please no" my blood runs cold. "Grace?" "You said.." "I know what I said, im so sorry. I wanted him to just let you go." "How would you feel?" She replies "I know im sorry." "No." She's angry. She's stopped shaking now and sits up. " how would you fucking feel if I told them I didn't love you. So they let you go. Then they kill me. How the fuck would that feel Jace?" My eyes are wide. She didn't care if she lived or died, just if I did. "Fuck Grace." "My entire world, evolves around you. You were just willing to let me live in one without you." I pull her onto me, she fights me. "Please don't fight me. Grace please. I'm sorry. In my head a world without me and you free and happy was better than a world with you abused and raped because of me." "That wasn't your choice to make." "You're gonna go to jail Jace." I shake my head. "I'm not Grace. The commissioner didn't agree with them. They were on their own." Her eyes are wide and she sits up and looks at me wide eyed. She's furious. "This happened for nothing?! You got shot AGAIN for nothing?! I'm going to have an awful scar across my neck and face for NOTHING?!" She slaps me.

I fight the anger rising in me. And grab her wrists and throw her onto the floor next to me. I lean over to her. Chris can see what's about to happen.
"Jace..don't" "Fuck no Chris." He shuts up and continues driving the boat. I'm not far from her face but far enough for her to hear my low voice.
"You don't ever slap me again Grace, do you fucking understand?" She nods. She's scared of me. "I said those horrible things to spare your life from damage. I'd rather fucking die than see you hurt. Do you hear me?" She nods again. If she could say something that would be great before I lose it at her.
"I didn't fucking know it was a set up. I thought we were fucked Grace. They found out nearly half an hour after we left the boat. I didn't deliberately do this to you." I reach my hand to the graze on her face and run my thumb along it. "The blood isn't on your hands Grace it's fucking on mine. You've literally made me some stupid fucking gangsta serial killer type person. This is not someone who I want to be. You don't get to be mad about this Grace." She frowns she disagrees.
"This is all your fault." She huffs. I don't want to hurt her. I know I'm about to though. I bite my lip and shake my head. My hand finds her neck.
"You know you're fucking intolerable right? I know this is my fault Grace. I fucking fucked up okay? I'm sorry you got hurt because of me AGAIN. I'm sorry but please drop the fucking attitude. I have blood on my hands because of me, but also because of you. If you just shut the fuck up none of this would have happened. I'd have paid the price myself. Sorry that doesn't make you happy but I'd rather my life than yours." I remove my hand from her neck and lean back against the opposite side of the boat I look at my hand which is covered in her blood.