Chapter 20

By the time we return home I've fallen asleep in the car again today. Rather than waking me this time I feel Jace scoop me out the car and carry me up to the Penthouse. I snuggle in closer to him, and smile at the smell of him filling my nostrils. He puts me to in the bed and tucks me in. He climbs in next to me and pulls me onto his chest, sweeping my hair from my forehead.
"Today was nice for me, doing normal things, and I loved you pretending to be my wife for the day." My eyes are still closed but I smile at him and he kisses my forehead. With that I fall asleep and let myself dream.

When I wake up I can see the clock next to me, it's 9pm, have I been asleep all this time? My next thought is my super achey tummy, I haven't eaten since breakfast so I'm starving. I climb out of bed and into the living room, Jace is watching the F1 with a bottle of beer in his hand. He clearly hears my shuffling as he turns in my direction and rushes over to me.
"How are you feeling? You must be coming down with something, you've slept so much."
"Yeah perhaps, today has been rather exhausting though."
He places his hand in mine and pulls me to the sofa, wrapping me up in his arms when we get there. I'm snuggled back in him and I feel safe, warm and home.
"I know baby, you've certainly had an interesting day. How are you feeling, are you in any pain?"
I take a second to assess myself, my mouth isn't so numb now so there is a dull ache in my tooth, but other than that I feel pretty fantastic after our naughty rendition. That's when it hits me, the blood drains from my face and he notices.
"Grace? What is it?"
"We didn't use any protection!!" He chuckles lightly and kisses my lips. He doesn't seem phased by this revelation in the slightest.
"No we didn't Grace, that's my fault, I was caught up in it and didn't get a condom out. But it's okay, you could get the morning after pill...or you could just not?" I raise a brow at him, was there some alternative motive to not using a condom?
"What do you mean, I could just not?"
"Well, you were so sad and hurt about the doctor, I thought well if it's harder for you to get pregnant it wouldn't hurt. Also if you did fall pregnant, imagine how elated you'd be that it took just once, again." He's rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. He knows he fucked up again.
"You're trying to get me pregnant...d..deliberately? Jace it's been 5 minutes since we have rekindled this..we can't throw a baby into it. I'm going to get the morning after pill and we will wait till my contraceptive pill is working before we do anything again." I feel him tense around me, he's disappointed with my answer.
"Sorry Baby, I love you, I'll do whatever you wish. Do you want me to go get it now?" I shake my head.
"'No I'm hungry, let's eat." He nods and smiles
"Want me to cook or order in?"
"I'd love a good Wagamama's again!" He rolls his eyes at my addiction to that restaurant but grins back, showing just how white his teeth have gotten after our trip today.
"Your smile is amazing." I sit up and kiss him, poking my tongue into his mouth and running my tongue along his teeth. He obliges and picks me up off him and lies me on the sofa, climbing intop of me gently.
"So is yours, Mrs Atlas." I blush at this. He returns his lips to mine and we kiss in this fashion for what feels like no time at all, I can feel his bulge in his trousers again and he cuts off the kiss and pulls me in for a cuddle, whipping out his phone on his pocket. I pout at him, he notices and takes my pouty lip between his teeth lapping at it with his tongue. He breathes against my lips; trying to get control of himself, he whispers so low it's barely audible.
"I want you to be mine Grace, so you can never leave, and never want to. Please Grace. Marry me?" I feel my cheeks blush and I smile on his lips I can feel his desperation.
"There's still so much we need to work through Jace, just because we are perfect today doesn't mean we will be tomorrow."
"Grace I went through months of life without you, I cannot go through any more of life without you, it'll kill me. You are my lifeline. You make me want to be good, and a husband and a father."
"You haven't even gotten a ring, so you can't be that serious." I'm teasing him now, but he best believe until he gets a ring it's not happening. He kisses my nose and stands up, he finishes ordering our food and disappears into his room, I flick the tv onto gossip girl again and sink into another episode. Jace is barely gone two minutes before he grabs my hand and pulls me off the sofa into a standing position, I look at him with my brow raised. That's when I see it. The perfect blue square box, wrapped with a single white ribbon. It's a Tiffany box. Oh shit this is happening. He notices my face and smirks. He bends down onto one knee and pulls the ribbon on the box.
"Grace, I've had this ring for a few months now. I got it in our time apart. I promised myself if we came to be again I'd not hesitate to make you mine. After you running around all day calling yourself my Mrs. Running errands together like husband and wife. I want that, every day. You and me baby. So Grace, will you please fucking Marry me?"
My head is spinning. He's lifted the lid revealing the biggest diamond I've seen. It's a princess cut, with an opal set band. An opal. My tears come to my face and I drop to my knees. Jace takes my face in his hand.
"What baby, do you not like the ring, do you just not want to? What's going on in that beautiful head of yours..."
"Opal for..for?" He smiles and nods.
"The opal; for the child to be born in October we never got baby. With us forever. A light born from darkness." It's so thouthtful my eyes full with tears and I can't help myself. I whisper so quietly.
"Yes" this is enough for him and his beautiful smile beams, he places the ring where it belongs and picks me up. I mould to his toned body and we just stand there hugging. My legs wrapped around his torso.
"I love you." I say. "I love you, Grace, so much. I'll be it for you I promise everything you need, and everything you don't."