Chapter 85

When my clothes arrive I sift through my options. I'm not sure if Jace told them to bring me black clothes but none of them have colour on them. I opt for a black skater dress and pumps. I tie my hair into a pony tail and put some makeup on. Jace is downstairs with Charles. Once I'm ready I pop to Islas dressing area, I'm pleased when I see her.
"Hey could I borrow some perfume?"
"Yeah of course Grace, what's your scent?"
"YSL?"
"Yeah sure I have some black opium?" I'm relieved. My signature day scent. She tosses it over to me and I spray it liberally.
"Thanks Isla." I pass it back to her and walk down the stairs. Jace is laughing heartily on the sofa with a coffee in his hand. I smile, seeing him like this is nice.
"Hey Grace, how was your night?" Charles asks.
"It was..different." He laughs.
"I'm sure it was, you two best be going you have a busy day, coming back from the dead and all that." Jace stands up and looks at me and bites his lip and smirks. This I've came to know is Jaces approval of my outfits. Jace walks over to me and takes my hand while raking is eyes over me.
"Let's go baby." He leads me to the Bugatti which is parked outside the door. Behind the car is a black Range Rover. I notice a few men climb into it. I slide into the passenger seat. Jace walks around to the drivers side and climbs in. The car roars to life and we continue down the driveway.
"Jace why are they following us?"
"It's just what happens now Grace. It's for protection but they also help with things. Your clothes, the car for instance. You'll get use to it." I nod and Jace places his hand on my thigh. He pulls out from a Charles's driveway and speeds down the freeway, I look at the Speedo he's doing 100mph.
"Jace you don't have to drive so fast."
"Says you, it's amazing you still have a license." He gives me a toothy grin and naturally I smile back. He does slow down.
"I like this car."
"Me too."
"Jace can I ask you something? Honestly."
"You can always ask me anything."
"Are you high right now?" He glances over at me.
"I mean, I haven't slept, and you saw me..you know? I did it again a bit later on in the night. So possibly but I feel alright. Grace id never ever put you at risk. If I thought for a second I wasn't fit to drive I wouldn't. If you want we can swap if that makes you feel better?" I nod. I trust Jace I do, but I have this feeling he's not had his come down quite yet.
"Yeah I'd like to swap." He smiles and nods pulling over. The Range Rover behind us does the same and the men lean out the car. Jace gets out and puts his hand up, I assume to signal it's fine. I climb out and into the drivers seat. It adjusts to my height. I'm painfully aware this is probably going to hurt my tummy. I put my seat belt on.
"Thank you." I say as I pull the car back onto the road surprisingly no pain comes. I settle back into the seat and adjust the mirrors slightly. I cruise along the road just slightly over the speed limit.
"You're probably right anyway. I probably need to sleep before driving, especially that fast."
"Did you just say I was right? You must be out of it." I tease and Jace squeezes my thigh.
"Don't push it." He smirks and sits back. This car has a bad habit of making the driver speed. It's not long till we are in the city. I pull into the Atlas parking garage and pull into Jaces space. The Range Rover pull in behind us and pulls in near by. I look at Jace whose oddly looking nervous.
"You okay?" He nods and smiles at me.
"Yeah let's do this then we can get to house shopping." I nod and climb out the car. The press are gathered in the atrium.
"Grace they think I'm dead still. You need to open this." I nod and smile.
"I can do that, I am COO after all." I smile at him he squeezes my hand. I walk onto the balcony where the press release stage has been set up.
"Good Morning All,

I'm sure you're all gathered here expecting me to say how we lost an excellent CEO and husband how I'll be stepping up now. This however, I'm relieved to say is not the case.
Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. I found out the plane Jace was on crashed through none other than a news outlet. Thanks to the heroic pilot Jace had, my husband was not on the plane when it crashed. I'm sure you'll share my relief in Jaces lucky escape." I step down and allow Jace to take his place.